The Central Government on Friday appointed Vineet Joshi (former CBSE chairperson and secretary) as the DG director general of the National Testing Agency. Whereas last year on 10 November 2017 the Union Cabinet headed by Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the creation of National Testing Agency (NTA) as a Society registered under the Indian Societies Registration Act, 1860, and as an autonomous and self-sustained premier testing organization to conduct entrance examinations for higher educational institutions.
Upcoming Application Form
- Amity University Admissions Open Now Apply Now
- Reva University Bengaluru Admissions Open Apply Now
- Manipal Uni. 2020 Admissions Now Open Apply Now
- UPES Admissions 2020 Now Open Apply Now
- NIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Amrita University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- KIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- LPU University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Chandigarh University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
Vineet Joshi: A 1992-batch IAS officer of the Manipur cadre, Joshi has been appointed to the post for five years, as per the order issued by the Department of Personnel and Training. Joshi is known for his introduction of the Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) schemes in CBSE schools as well as the optional Class X Board exam system. Whereas both the schemes are revoked by the present government from the 2017-18 academic year.
Currently, Joshi is deputed as the commissioner planning, power and resident commissioner, Manipur.
National Testing Agency Composition
According to the proposed composition of the NTA, “The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will be the Director-General to be appointed by the government. There will be a Board of Governors comprising members from user institutions. The Director-General will be assisted by nine verticals headed by academicians/experts.”
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about Vineet Joshi joined as first DG of National Testing Agency
List of Exams to be conducted by National Testing Agency
As per recent news, The NTA will take over the majority of the examinations organised by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) from 2019 in a phased manner.
- Joint Entrance Examination (IIT JEE)
- National Eligibility and Entrance Test (NEET-UG) for MBBS & BDS admissions.
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020