AILET 2020 Exam date has been announced. The Application Form submission last date has been extended until 30 June 2020. Also, Candidates can make the correction in the application form from 24 – 30 June 2020. All India Law Entrance Test (AILET 2020) is organized by National Law University (NLU), Delhi. This is a national level entrance examination conducted once a year for admission into undergraduate and postgraduate law courses like B.A., LL.B. (Hons.), LL.M., and PhD professional courses. The exam will be conducted in August 2020. Interested candidate can go through the following article for detailed information regarding All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) 2020 like dates, application form, eligibility, syllabus etc.
Latest updates on All India Law Entrance Test:
- AILET 2020 Admit Card will release on 24 July 2020.
- AILET Exam date has been announced. The exam will be conducted on 09 August 2020.
- Application Form has also extended till 30 June 2020.
AILET 2020 Important Dates
The important dates for AILET 2020 examination are given in the table below:
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
Parul University, Vadodara Admissions 2020
GD Goenka University Admission 2020
IMS Noida Admission 2020
REVA University Admission 2020
Acharya Institutes, Bangalore Admission 2020
Shoolini University Admission 2020
Vel Tech Admissions 2020
VijayBhoomi University, Mumbai Admission 2020
BML Munjal University Admission 2020
|Notification date||15 January 2020|
|Starting of online application||15 January 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form|
|Application correction||24 – 34 June 2020|
|Date of availability of admit card||24 July 2020|
|Date of Exam||09 August 2020|
|Declaration of Result (BA.LL.B (Hons.))||Third week of May 2020|
|Date of issue of admission letter (1st list)||Third week of May 2020|
|Last date to deposit fee (1st list)||Third week of June 2020|
|Date of spot counselling for vacant seats||Third week of June 2020|
|Last date to submit counselling fee for the 1st list||First week of July 2020|
|Closing date of admission||Third week of July 2020|
|Interview of selected candidates||Last week of July 2020|
|Result declaration of LL.M||First week of July 2020|
|Result declaration of PhD||Third week of June 2020|
Candidate can keep visiting this page for the latest update for AILET Exam.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about AILET 2020: Exam Date(09 August), Application Form(Till 30 June) - Admissions
AILET 2020 Exam Date Released
National Law University (NLU), Delhi has announced the exam date on 02 June 2020. The exam will be conducted on 09 August 2020.
AILET 2020 Application Form
Before filling the application form candidate are requested to go through the eligibility criteria first. Given below are some general information about the AILET Application Form.
- AILET 2020 Registration process has been started from 15 January 2020.
- The authority has released the application form in online mode.
- Candidates can fill the AILET Application form through the official website.
- Applicants can fill the Application Form till the 30 June 2020(Extended).
- Candidates can make the correction in the application form from 24 – 30 June 2020.
- Further, the applicants must fill all the necessary information in the user registration form.
- Then, the candidates should fill their valid E-Mail ID and Contact Number.
- Moreover, the aspirants must upload their recent photograph and signature in JPEG format only and the permissible size for the same is between 10 KB and 100 KB.
- Finally, the applicants must submit the application form and save all the details.
- The candidate is requested for filling the application form carefully because there is no correction window for the form.
- Moreover, keep a copy of the filled application form for further use.
Application Fee of AILET
Here is the fee to sit for the exam. Also, the payment methods are given below. Doubts regarding the same can be easily cleared after reading them properly.
|General Category||Rs. 3,050/-|
|SC/ ST/ PwD Category||Rs. 1,050|
But, the candidates under Below Poverty Line (BPL) of Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes Category need not pay the online application form fee.
- Mode of Payment:
- The applicants can pay the application form fee through online mode only.
- The payment will be available through a payment gateway of Internet Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card.
How to fill the Application form?
The applicants will have to follow the following steps to fill the Application Form for AILET 2020 Entrance exam:
Step 1 – Register
- The applicants will have to first Register on ” https://nludelhi.admissionhelp.com/nlu/login.aspx “
- Fill the details into the User Registration Form.
- Confirm Registration details by clicking on the Confirm button.
Step 2 – Login
- After Login on the first page that is displayed is “Application Locker” click on NLU from the List of colleges.
- Choose the application form and click on Apply Button.
- Fill all details on the form for each of the sections.
- Click Submit for saving all details and proceeding back to the Application Locker for making payment for all pending application forms.
Step 3 – Make the Payment
- Online Payment Gateway – via Credit card / Debit Card/ Net Banking
- After payment has been received the applicants will receive the confirmation through the mail, the candidate may print acknowledgement slip from their e-mail or from the Application Locker under the Application Submitted area.
Step 4 – Submission of Form
- Confirm the Payment and submit the application form.
- At last, take a printout of the application form for further use.
AILET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The detailed information regarding the AILET Eligibility Criteria is given below.
|Course||Qualifying Examination||Minimum Marks||Age Criteria||Appearing Candidates|
|B.A., LL.B. (Hons.)||10 + 2 or equivalent examination from a recognized Board / University||At least 50% marks in the qualifying examination||The candidates must be below 20 Years (as on 1 July 2020)||Appearing Candidates are also eligible for application|
|LL.M.||LL.B. or equivalent degree from a recognized University||At least 55% marks in aggregate (50% for Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Physically Handicapped)||N.A.||Candidates appearing in Final Year of LL.B. are also eligible for application|
|PhD.||Master’s degree in Law from recognized University.||55% marks or equivalent (50% marks for reserved categories)||N.A.||N.A.|
This is the latest update eligibility criteria for the AILET examination by the conducting body.
AILET 2020 Admit Card
The vital information regarding AILET 2020 admit card is given below:
- AILET admit card 2020 will be issued by the university through online mode.
- Candidates will be able to download the admit card from the official website.
- Applicants can download the admit card from 24 July 2020.
- Applicants can download the admit card by using the login details.
- No candidate will be allowed to sit in the examination hall without the Admit Card/ Hall Ticket.
- Moreover, candidates have to bring a valid ID proof along with the admit card on the day of exam.
AILET 2020 Syllabus
The details regarding the AILET 2020 Syllabus are given below:
- AILET Syllabus 2020 for the entrance exam will be fully based on previous class studied syllabus.
- For applicants applying for LL.M. course can study Law of Contracts, Criminal Law, Law of Torts, Constitutional Law & Legal Theory.
- B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) applicants need to read the subjects like English, General Knowledge (Current Affairs, General Science, History, Geography, Economics, and Civics), Legal Aptitude Reasoning and Marks Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability).
- PhD applicants can study the master degree syllabus.
AILET 2020 Preparation Tips
The tips to prepare for the AILET Exam are given below:
- Go through the exam pattern and syllabus.
- Gather the complete study material needed for the exam.
- Make a proper study schedule for the preparation.
- Make short notes and revise them according to schedule.
- Solve previous year papers and evaluate the performance.
- At last, it is advised to keep focused and clam till the preparation.
AILET 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of AILET examination is given in the table below:
|Duration of Exam||90 minutes|
|Total Number of Marks||150|
|Number of Questions||
|Questions Type||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|Negative Marking||0.25 marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer|
AILET Exam Centers 2020
The AILET 2020 Examination centres are listed below:
AILET 2020 Answer Key
The information regarding AILET 2020 Answer key is given below:
- National Law University Delhi will issue the AILET 2020 Answer Key through online mode.
- The answer key will be available after a few days of the written exam.
- Candidates will be able to download the answer key from the official website.
- The applicants those will be sitting for the AILET 2020 exam will be able to download their answer key using their login credentials.
- Answer key consists of all the correct answer to all the questions asked in the AILET exam.
- The answer key will help the candidates to predict their expected score by matching their responses with the official answer key.
How to Download AILET Answer Key?
Given below are the steps to download the AILET 2020 answer key:
- Firstly, visit the official website of AILET.
- Secondly, on the homepage, answer key link will be present for the particular course.
- Now, click on the applied course.
- Finally, the answer key will be opened in the PDF format.
- Also, download the answer key and take the printout of it for further reference.
AILET 2020 Result
The details of the AILET 2020 Result is given below:
- AILET result is excepted to be released in May 2020.
- The result will be released in online mode.
- Candidates will be able to check the result from the official website.
- The result of BA. LL.B. and PhD courses and LL.M course will be released separately.
- Moreover, The result will be generated on the basis of the performance of candidates in the exam.
Applicants will get the admission based on the score obtained in the entrance test.
How to check the NLU AILET Results?
Following are the steps the check the NLU AILET result:
- Visit the official website: www.nludelhi.ac.in
- Secondly, click on ‘AILET-2020 Result‘.
- Now, open the result PDF.
- Finally, download the file and look for your roll number.
- Also, take a printout of the result for further reference.
AILET 2020 Counselling
The detailed information regarding AILET 2020 Counselling is given below:
- AILET 2020 counselling process will start in July 2020.
- The counselling procedure will start after the announcement of the result.
- The seats will be offered based on entrance exam score and choices filled by the applicant.
- Applicants need to verify their original documents to be eligible for the final round of admission process.
- The authority will verify the eligibility of the candidate through the counselling process.
Documents Required for AILET Counselling
Documents required at the time of counselling are listed below:
- Passport size photographs
- Admit Card
- 10th and 12th mark sheets
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Admission letter
AILET 2020 Seat Reservation
Seat reservation based on the student’s category is mentioned below:
The seat matrix for All India Law Entrance Test 2020 is given below:
BA LLB Programme:
|Seat Description||No. of Seats|
|Through AILET Examination 2020||70|
|Direct Admission to Foreign Nationals (merit-based)||10 (a minimum score of 65%)|
Note- An additional seat has been reserved for Kashmiri migrants and two supernumerary seats for residents of Jammu & Kashmir.
|Seat Description||No. of Seats|
|For Indian Nationals||35|
|For Foreign Nationals||5 (may vary)|
PhD Programme: The PhD programme has a total of 5 seats for all sorts of students.
AILET 2020 Highlights
The highlights for AILET is mentioned below in the table:
|Exam Name||All India Law Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||National Law University, Delhi|
|Courses Offered||Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses in Law|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen & Paper)|
|Exam Purpose||To offer admission in various Undergraduate and Postgraduate Law Courses Offered by Law Universities/Colleges across India|
FAQs on AILET 2020
When will the application form of AILET 2020 released?
From 15 January 2020, the application form of AILET 2020 released.
What is the application fee of AILET?
The General/Kashmiri Migrants/Resident of Jammu & Kashmir Category will have to deposit Rs 3050/-, Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes/PwD candidates will have to pay Rs 1050/- and SC/ST candidates Below Poverty Line are exempted from paying the fee.
Where AILET 2020 examination is conducted?
The AILET 2020 is being held in the following cities: Bangalore Bhopal Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Cuttack, Delhi, Gandhinagar, Greater Noida, Gurugram, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, Kolkata, Lucknow Mumbai Nagpur Patna Raipur Varanasi
What is the last date of AILET Application form?
08 April 2020 is the last date of AILET application form.
AILET 2020 Notification
AILET 2020 official notification for registration and examination has been released by the National Law University, Delhi. Candidates can refer to the following article.
Click here to download the AILET 2020 Notification pdf.
AILET 2020 Exam Postponed
The official notification has been released that AILET exam has been postponed due to coronavirus. The exam will be conducted in or after August 2020. Also, the application form has been extended till 30 June 2020. Candidates can check the previous postponement notice below:
NOTE: Click here to view official notification of AILET Exam Postponed.