AILET 2022 also known as All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) is conducted by National Law University, Delhi (NLU Delhi) to offer admission to eligible candidates in undergraduate (UG), postgraduate (PG), and doctorate (PhD) level law courses. This is a national-level entrance examination conducted once a year for admission into undergraduate and postgraduate law courses like B.A., LL.B. (Hons.), LL.M., and PhD professional courses. Interested candidate can go through the following article for detailed information regarding All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) 2022 like dates, application form, eligibility, syllabus etc.
AILET 2022 Status
|Exam Notification||to be announced|
|Exam Date||to be announced|
|Application Form window||to be announced|
AILET 2022 Important Dates
The important dates for AILET 2022 examination are given in the table below:
|Notification issue||04 December 2021|
|Application form release||23 January 2022|
|Submission of application form||20 May 2022|
|Admit card availability||fourth week of May 2022|
|AILET 2022 Exam||20 June 2022|
|B.A. LL.B (Hons.) result declaration||4th week of June, 2022|
|1st list of admission letter||4th week of June, 2022|
|1st list fee deposit list||2nd week of July, 2022|
|LL.M result declaration||3rd week of July, 2022|
|Counselling session||1st week of August 2022|
Candidate can keep visiting this page for the latest update for AILET Exam.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about AILET 2022: Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Date, Result, Merit List, Counselling - Admissions
AILET 2022 Application Form
Before filling the application form candidate are requested to go through the eligibility criteria first. Given below are some general information about the AILET Application Form.
- AILET 2022 Registration process has been started.
- The authority has released the application form in online mode.
- Candidates can fill the AILET Application form through the official website.
- Applicants can fill the Application Form till 20 May 2022.
- Further, the applicants must fill all the necessary information in the user registration form.
- Then, the candidates should fill their valid E-Mail ID and Contact Number.
- Moreover, the aspirants must upload their recent photograph and signature in JPEG format only and the permissible size for the same is between 10 KB and 100 KB.
- Finally, the applicants must submit the application form and save all the details.
- The candidate is requested for filling the application form carefully because there is no correction window for the form.
- Moreover, keep a copy of the filled application form for further use.
AILET 2022 Application Fee
Here is the fee to sit for the exam. Also, the payment methods are given below. Doubts regarding the same can be easily cleared after reading them properly.
|General Category||Rs. 3,050/-|
|SC/ ST/ PwD Category||Rs. 1,050|
But, the candidates under Below Poverty Line (BPL) of Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes Category need not pay the online application form fee.
- Mode of Payment:
- The applicants can pay the application form fee through online mode only.
- The payment will be available through a payment gateway of Internet Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card.
How to fill the Application form?
The applicants will have to follow the following steps to fill the Application Form for AILET 2020 Entrance exam:
Step 1 – Register
- The applicants will have to first Register on ” https://nludelhi.admissionhelp.com/nlu/login.aspx “
- Fill the details into the User Registration Form.
- Confirm Registration details by clicking on the Confirm button.
Step 2 – Login
- After Login on the first page that is displayed is “Application Locker” click on NLU from the List of colleges.
- Choose the application form and click on Apply Button.
- Fill all details on the form for each of the sections.
- Click Submit for saving all details and proceeding back to the Application Locker for making payment for all pending application forms.
Step 3 – Make the Payment
- Online Payment Gateway – via Credit card / Debit Card/ Net Banking
- After payment has been received the applicants will receive the confirmation through the mail, the candidate may print an acknowledgment slip from their e-mail or from the Application Locker under the Application Submitted area.
Step 4 – Submission of Form
- Confirm the Payment and submit the application form.
- At last, take a printout of the application form for further use.
AILET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The detailed information regarding the AILET Eligibility Criteria is given below.
|Course||Qualifying Examination||Minimum Marks||Age Criteria||Appearing Candidates|
|B.A., LL.B. (Hons.)||10 + 2 or equivalent examination from a recognized Board / University||At least 50% marks in the qualifying examination||The candidates must be below 20 Years (as on 1 July 2020)||Appearing Candidates are also eligible for application|
|LL.M.||LL.B. or equivalent degree from a recognized University||At least 55% marks in aggregate (50% for Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Physically Handicapped)||N.A.||Candidates appearing in Final Year of LL.B. are also eligible for application|
|PhD.||Master’s degree in Law from a recognized University.||55% marks or equivalent (50% marks for reserved categories)||N.A.||N.A.|
This is the latest update eligibility criteria for the AILET examination by the conducting body.
AILET 2022 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of AILET examination is given in the table below:
|Duration of Exam||90 minutes|
|Total Number of Marks||150|
|Number of Questions||
|Questions Type||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|Negative Marking||0.25 marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer|
AILET 2022 Syllabus
The details regarding the AILET 2022 Syllabus are given below:
- The Syllabus for the entrance exam will be fully based on the previous class studied syllabus.
- For applicants applying for LL.M. course can study Law of Contracts, Criminal Law, Law of Torts, Constitutional Law & Legal Theory.
- B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) applicants need to read the subjects like English, General Knowledge (Current Affairs, General Science, History, Geography, Economics, and Civics), Legal Aptitude Reasoning and Marks Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability).
- PhD applicants can study the master degree syllabus.
AILET 2022 Preparation Tips
The tips to prepare for the AILET Exam are given below:
- Go through the exam pattern and syllabus.
- Gather the complete study material needed for the exam.
- Make a proper study schedule for the preparation.
- Make short notes and revise them according to schedule.
- Solve previous year papers and evaluate the performance.
- At last, it is advised to keep focused and clam till the preparation.
AILET 2022 Admit Card
The vital information regarding AILET 2022 admit card is given below:
- AILET admit card 2022 will be issued by the university online mode.
- Candidates will be able to download the admit card from the official website..
- Applicants can download the admit card by using the login details.
- No candidate will be allowed to sit in the examination hall without the Admit Card/ Hall Ticket.
- Moreover, candidates have to bring valid ID proof along with the admit card on the day of exam.
AILET Exam Centers 2022
The AILET 2022 Examination centres are listed below:
AILET 2022 Answer Key
The information regarding AILET 2022 Answer key is given below:
- National Law University Delhi will release the Answer Key online mode.
- The answer key will be available after a few days of the written exam.
- Candidates will be able to download the answer key from the official website.
- The applicants who will be sitting for the AILET 2022 exam will be able to download their answer key using their login credentials.
- The answer key consists of all the correct answer to all the questions asked in the AILET exam.
- The answer key will help the candidates to predict their expected score by matching their responses with the official answer key.
How to Download AILET Answer Key 2022?
Given below are the steps to download the AILET 2022 answer key:
- Firstly, visit the official website of AILET.
- Secondly, on the homepage, the answer key link will be present for the particular course.
- Now, click on the applied course.
- Finally, the answer key will be opened in the PDF format.
- Also, download the answer key and take the printout of it for further reference.
AILET 2022 Result
The details of the AILET 2022 Result is given below:
- The result will be released in online mode.
- Candidates will be able to check the result from the official website.
- The result of BA. LL.B. and PhD courses and LL.M course will be released separately.
- Moreover, The result will be generated on the basis of the performance of candidates in the exam.
Applicants will get admission based on the score obtained in the entrance test.
How to check the NLU AILET Results?
Following are the steps the check the NLU AILET result:
- Visit the official website: www.nludelhi.ac.in
- Secondly, click on ‘AILET-2022 Result‘.
- Now, open the result PDF.
- Finally, download the file and look for your roll number.
- Also, take a printout of the result for further reference.
AILET 2022 Counselling
The detailed information regarding AILET 2022 Counselling is given below:
- The counselling procedure will start after the announcement of the result.
- The seats will be offered based on the entrance exam score and choices filled by the applicant.
- Applicants need to verify their original documents to be eligible for the final round of the admission process.
- The authority will verify the eligibility of the candidate through the counselling process.
Documents Required for AILET Counselling
Documents required at the time of counselling are listed below:
- Passport size photographs
- Admit Card
- 10th and 12th mark sheets
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Admission letter
AILET 2022 Seat Reservation
Seat reservation based on the student’s category is mentioned below:
The seat matrix for All India Law Entrance Test 2020 is given below:
BA LLB Programme:
|Seat Description||No. of Seats|
|Through AILET Examination 2022||70|
|Direct Admission to Foreign Nationals (merit-based)||10 (a minimum score of 65%)|
Note- An additional seat has been reserved for Kashmiri migrants and two supernumerary seats for residents of Jammu & Kashmir.
|Seat Description||No. of Seats|
|For Indian Nationals||35|
|For Foreign Nationals||5 (may vary)|
PhD Programme: The PhD programme has a total of 5 seats for all sorts of students.
AILET 2022 Important Links
- Download AILET UG Brochure Pdf 2021
- Download AILET LLM Brochure Pdf 2021
- Download AILET PhD Brochure Pdf 2021
AILET 2022 Highlights
The highlights for AILET is mentioned below in the table:
|Exam Name||All India Law Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||National Law University, Delhi|
|Courses Offered||Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses in Law|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen & Paper)|
|Exam Purpose||To offer admission in various Undergraduate and Postgraduate Law Courses Offered by Law Universities/Colleges across India|
FAQs on AILET 2020
When will the application form of AILET 2020 released?
From 15 January 2020, the application form of AILET 2020 released.
What is the application fee of AILET?
The General/Kashmiri Migrants/Resident of Jammu & Kashmir Category will have to deposit Rs 3050/-, Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes/PwD candidates will have to pay Rs 1050/- and SC/ST candidates Below Poverty Line are exempted from paying the fee.
Where AILET 2020 examination is conducted?
The AILET 2020 is being held in the following cities: Bangalore Bhopal Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Cuttack, Delhi, Gandhinagar, Greater Noida, Gurugram, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, Kolkata, Lucknow Mumbai Nagpur Patna Raipur Varanasi
What is the last date of AILET Application form?
08 April 2020 is the last date of AILET application form.