CEED 2021 will be conducted in the third week of January 2021. CEED is also known as the Common Entrance Exam for Design. This entrance exam has been conducted by IIT Bombay at the national level once in a year. CEED scorecard will be accepted by IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, IIITDM Jabalpur, and IIT Kanpur for admission to Master of Design (M. Des) programs. And to also for PhD programs in Design at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IIT Kanpur. Interested candidate can go through the following article for the detailed information regarding the CEED exam.
- Exam will be conducted in the third week of January 2021.
CEED 2021 Important Dates
The important dates of the CEED exam is given below.
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
|Online Registration opens||Second week of October 2021|
|Last date to register (without late fee)||Second week of November 2021|
|Last date to register (with late fee of Rs.500)||Third week of November 2021|
|Availability of admit card||First week of January 2021|
|CEED 2021 exam||Third week of January 2021|
|Publication of Answer key||Third week of January 2021|
|Challenging of answer key||Fourth week of January 2021|
|Final Answer key release||First week of February 2021|
|Declaration of Results||First week of March 2021|
These are the tentative date based on the CEED 2021. Candidates can keep visiting this page for the latest updates.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about CEED 2021: Application Form, Eligibility, Admit Card - Admissions
CEED 2021 Application Form: Registration Process
The detailed information regarding the CEED registration is given below.
- Application form will be released in the second week of October 2021.
- CEED Registration form will be filled through online mode at the official website.
- Applicants have to fill the application form carefully because there is no provision of correction window.
- Candidates have to fill the valid and working information in the application.
- Multiple forms might be rejected by the officials.
Application / Registration Fees
Here is the fee to sit for the exam. Also, the payment methods are given below. Doubts regarding the same can be easily cleared after reading them properly.
|All women candidates||Rs. 1,300||plus GST|
|For (SC / ST / PwD) candidates||Rs. 1,300||plus GST|
|All other candidates (General)||Rs. 2,600||plus GST|
Late Fees: A late fee of Rs. 500/- will be charged from all the candidates after the regular closing date.
How to fill the Common Entrance Exam for Design (CEED) 2021 Application Form Online?
Following are the instructions to fill the CEED 2021 Application Form Online.
- Apply through the official website only. i.e www.ceed.iitb.ac.in.
- Upload following documents with specific requirements, File containing your recent colour photograph (.jpg file), Scanned copy of applicant signature (.jpg file), Scanned copy of applicant degree/diploma certificate (.pdf file) if the course is completed.
- If a candidate does not have the final degree certificate, please upload the copy of the final year mark list or the provisional certificate.
- If the course is not completed, a certificate from the Principal of the college / Head of the department (Appendix 1) (.pdf file).
- Upload the caste certificate if applicable.
- Candidates with a physical disability (PwD) category should produce a valid medical certificate.
- If you face any problem while filling the form, you can report it by clicking the “Report Problem” button on the right side of the form.
Download CEED 2021 Information Brochure PDF Here.
CEED 2021 Eligibility Criteria
These criteria given below are the minimum requirement for every candidate, which they should be able to fulfil in order to sit for the exam.
- Education Qualification: Candidates must have passed or appeared the or final exam by July 2021 in any of the degree/diploma/postgraduate course of 4 years or 3+2 years (after 10+2 level).
- And, Candidates who passed the GD Arts diploma program (10+5 level).
- Age Criteria: There is no age limit to appear for CEED.
- No of Attempt: any number of times.
- Institute wise Eligibility Criteria: Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria for admission lead down various participating institutes.
CEED 2021 Exam Patten
Before starting the preparation of the CEED. Candidates are requested to go through the CEED Exam Pattern is given below in the table.
|Number of Part||Two-Part (Part A and Part B)|
|Exam mode||Part A will be online (CBT), Part B will be offline (PBT)|
|Type of Question||Part A will contain MCQs & numerical question whereas Part B contain drawing-based questions.|
|Duration||03 hours(01 Hr for Part A and 02 Hrs for Part B)|
|Total Marks||100 Marks|
|Marks Weightage||25% marks weightage for Part A & 75% marks weightage for Part B|
The Part wise Exam Pattern is given below.
|Section||No. of Questions||Question No.||Marks if Correct||Marks if Wrong||Marks if Not Attempted||Total Marks|
|NAT||10||1 – 10||3||0||0||30|
|MSQ||10||11 – 20||2||0||0||20|
|MCQ||25||21 – 45||2||-0.6||0||50|
|Total||45||1 – 45||100|
|Section||No. of Questions||Question No.||Total Marks|
|Discipline-Specific Question||5 (answer anyone)||1 – 5||40|
|Total||8||1 – 8||100|
CEED 2021 Syllabus
The detailed information regarding the CEED Syllabus is given below.
For Part A
Language and creativity
Environmental and Social Awareness
Design thinking and problem solving
Visualization and Spatial Ability
Observation and design sensitivity
Analytical and logical reasoning
For Part B
Analytical and problem-solving skills
CEED 2021 Admit Card
The detailed information regarding the CEED Admit card is given below
- CEED 2021 Admit Card will be released by the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay.
- Applicants can download the Admit Card from the official website in the first week of January 2021.
- Also, candidates are advised to take a colour printout and present it to test centre authority at the time of the exam.
How to Download the CEED 2021 Admit Card?
Following are the steps to download the CEED 2021 Admit Card.
- Go to the CEED official website. i.e, www.ceed.iitb.ac.in.
- Click on the Logging In Here Link.
- Fill in the login credentials like User Id & Password in the required field, as shown in the image below.
- Finally, Admit Card for Common Entrance Exam for Design will be displayed on Screen.
- Download and Print it for future reference.
- Aspirants must note that the CEED Hall ticket must be printed in coloured format.
- Also, the admit card must be carried to the examination centre.
Examination Cities: Choice of Examination Centers
The applicants must choose 3 preferable cities (Examination centres) at the time of online registration. Once the registration/application form is submitted, request for a change of city will NOT be entertained under any circumstances.
- In 2021, the examination will be conducted in 24 cities.
- CEED 2021 Examination Cities: Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi, Ernakulam, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur, and Vishakhapatnam
CEED 2021 Result
The detailed information regarding the CEED Result is given below.
- The result will be declared in the first week of March 2021.
- The scorecard will be declared on the official website through online mode.
- Candidate can check there result by entering the registration number and DOB.
- Students those clear the exam(Part- A and Part-B) will be shortlisted for the counselling process.
- No candidate will receive the result through post or any other offline mode.
- Scorecard will be valid for one year.
CEED 2021 Cutoff
The detailed information regarding the CEED Cutoff is given below.
- Candidate have to secure minimum cutoff marks to qualify for further admission process.
- For OBC-NCL candidates, the cut off marks are 90% of the open category and for ST/SC/PWD candidates, it will be 50% of the open category.
Admission in Master of Design, PhD at IITs & IISc
Given below is a list of courses offered by different institutes.
|1.||MDes in Product Design and Engineering* PhD in Design||Centre for Product Design and Manufacturing,
|2.||MDes in Industrial Design, Communication Design, Animation, Interaction Design, Mobility and Vehicle Design PhD in Design||Industrial Design Centre, IIT Bombay|
|3.||MDes in Industrial Design||Instrument Design and Development Centre, IIT Delhi|
|4.||MDes in Design,
PhD in Design
|Department of Design, IIT Guwahati|
|5.||MDes in Visual Design,
PhD in Design
|Department of Design, IIT Hyderabad|
|6.||MDes in Product Design, Visual Design*||Design Discipline, IIITDM Jabalpur|
|7.||MDes in Design*, PhD in Design||Design Programme, IIT Kanpur|
Note: Aspirants Seeking admission in these courses and institutes are advised to keep checking the announcement. Institutes will notify the admission openings to the postgraduate programs in design separately. So keep checking the individual website as conducting body i.e. The JEE (Advanced)-UCEED-CEED office, IIT Bombay does not provide information on PG admission etc.
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Note: The CEED exam will be conducted in two parts. Part A will be conducted from 10:00 to 11:00 hours followed by Part B from 11:00 to 13:00 hours.
Institutes Participating in CEED 2021
Common Entrance Exam for Design is a qualifying examination for admission to Master of Design (MDes) programmes at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, IIITDM Jabalpur, and IIT Kanpur, and to Ph.D programmes in Design at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IIT Kanpur.
Qualifying in CEED 2021 alone does not guarantee admission to any of these programmes. Participating institutes may conduct further tests and/or interviews for the final selection/admission.
Admitting/Participating Institutes will also verify the eligibility, the category certificates and other original documents along with the CEED score.
- IISC Bangalore: Center for Product Design and Manufacturing
- IIT Bombay: Industrial Design Center
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi: Instrument Design and Development Centre
- IIT Guwahati: Department of Design
- Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad: Department of Design
- IIITDM Jabalpur: Design Discipline
- IIT Kanpur: Design Programme
Click here for Complete Information brochure with Syllabus Pdf Here.
CEED 2021 Answer Key / Booklet
The detailed information regarding the CEED Answer key is given below.
- The Answer booklet (Part B) will NOT be provided to the candidates.
- The draft answer key for part A will be released in the third week of January 2021.
- The candidates can give their comments about the draft answer key for Part A before the third week of January 2021.
- Whereas the final answer key for Part A will be released in the first week of February 2021.
Common Entrance Exam for Design Contact Address
Chairman, JEE (Advanced)-UCEED-CEED 2021, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai 400076
E-mail: [email protected]
CEED 2021 login Website: www.ceed.iitb.ac.in
Download Certificate Formats:
The CEED 2021 Brochure Including different certificate formats is linked above.
- Final year certificate from the Institute
- OBC-NCL and SC/ST candidates
- PwD candidates
How and from when will be the CEED 2021 application process start?
The application process will get started from the second week of October 2020 through online mode.
Can I apply through GATE score?
. Yes, students can apply through GATE score. Such candidates need not appear for the entrance test.
Will there be any age limit to apply for CEED?
No, there will be no age limit to apply for CEED.
Can the candidates appearing in the last year of Bachelors programme eligible to apply for CEED?
Yes, appearing candidates are eligible for CEED but they must show passing proof of admission.
For detailed information about the Bachelor’s Degree at IIT visit JEE MAIN 2020 Page.
ceed exam, ceed exam fees, ceed 2020 answer key, ceed full form, ceed admit card, ceed 2020 exam date, ceed 2020 results, ceed login