CEED 2022 or Common Entrance Exam for Design will be conducted by IIT Bombay on 23 January at the national level. The admit card will be released on 08 January. It is organised once a year. CEED scorecard will be accepted by IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, IIITDM Jabalpur, and IIT Kanpur for admission to Master of Design (M. Des) programs. And to also for PhD programs in Design at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IIT Kanpur. Interested candidates can go through the following article for detailed information regarding the CEED exam.
Admission Open 2023
- Top University & Colleges Official Links, Application & Scholarship Forms.
Check CEED 2023 Here
CEED 2022 is scheduled to be held on 23 January 2022.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about CEED 2022: Admit Card(08 Jan Onwards), Exam Date(23 Jan), Exam Pattern - Admissions
CEED 2022 Status
CEED 2022 Important Dates
The important dates of the CEED exam is given below.
|Online Registration opens||09 September 2021|
|Last date to register (without late fee)||11 November 2021|
|Last date to register (with late fee of Rs.500)||16 November 2021|
|Availability of admit card||08 January 2022|
|CEED 2022 exam||23 January 2022|
|Publication of Answer key||25 January 2022|
|Challenging of answer key||27 January 2022|
|Final Answer key release||31 January 2022|
|Declaration of Results||08 March 2022|
These are the tentative date based on the CEED 2022. Candidates can keep visiting this page for the latest updates.
CEED 2022 Exam Patten
Before starting the preparation of the CEED. Candidates are requested to go through the CEED Exam Pattern is given below in the table.
|Number of Part||Two-Part (Part A and Part B)|
|Exam mode||Part A will be online (CBT), Part B will be offline (PBT)|
|Type of Question||Part A will contain MCQs & numerical question whereas Part B contain drawing-based questions.|
|Duration||03 hours(01 Hr for Part A and 02 Hrs for Part B)|
|Total Marks||100 Marks|
|Marks Weightage||25% marks weightage for Part A & 75% marks weightage for Part B|
The Part wise Exam Pattern is given below.
|Section||No. of Questions||Question No.||Marks if Correct||Marks if Wrong||Marks if Not Attempted||Total Marks|
|NAT||10||1 – 10||3||0||0||30|
|MSQ||10||11 – 20||2||0||0||20|
|MCQ||25||21 – 45||2||-0.6||0||50|
|Total||45||1 – 45||100|
|Section||No. of Questions||Question No.||Total Marks|
|Discipline-Specific Question||5 (answer anyone)||1 – 5||40|
|Total||8||1 – 8||100|
CEED 2022 Syllabus
The detailed information regarding the CEED Syllabus is given below.
For Part A
Language and creativity
Environmental and Social Awareness
Design thinking and problem solving
Visualization and Spatial Ability
Observation and design sensitivity
Analytical and logical reasoning
For Part B
Analytical and problem-solving skills
CEED 2022 Admit Card
The detailed information regarding the CEED 2022 Admit card is given below
- CEED Admit Card will be released by the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay.
- Applicants can download the Admit Card from the official website in the first week of January 2022.
- Also, candidates are advised to take a colour printout and present it to test centre authority at the time of the exam.
How to Download the CEED 2022 Admit Card?
Following are the steps to download the CEED 2022 Admit Card.
- Go to the CEED official website. i.e, www.ceed.iitb.ac.in.
- Click on the Logging In Here Link.
- Fill in the login credentials like User Id & Password in the required field, as shown in the image below.
- Finally, Admit Card for Common Entrance Exam for Design will be displayed on Screen.
- Download and Print it for future reference.
- Aspirants must note that the CEED Hall ticket must be printed in coloured format.
- Also, the admit card must be carried to the examination centre.
CEED 2022 Answer Key / Booklet
The detailed information regarding the CEED Answer key is given below.
- The Answer booklet (Part B) will NOT be provided to the candidates.
- The draft answer key for part A will be released in the third week of January 2022.
- The candidates can give their comments about the draft answer key for Part A before the third week of January 2022.
- Whereas the final answer key for Part A will be released in the first week of February 2022.
CEED 2022 Result
The detailed information regarding the CEED Result is given below.
- The result will be declared in the first week of March 2022.
- The scorecard will be declared on the official website through online mode.
- Candidate can check there result by entering the registration number and DOB.
- Students those clear the exam(Part- A and Part-B) will be shortlisted for the counselling process.
- No candidate will receive the result through post or any other offline mode.
- Scorecard will be valid for one year.
CEED 2022 Cutoff
The detailed information regarding the CEED 2022 Cutoff is given below.
- Candidate have to secure minimum cutoff marks to qualify for further admission process.
- For OBC-NCL candidates, the cut off marks are 90% of the open category and for ST/SC/PWD candidates, it will be 50% of the open category.
Admission in Master of Design, PhD at IITs & IISc
Given below is a list of courses offered by different institutes.
|1.||MDes in Product Design and Engineering* PhD in Design||Centre for Product Design and Manufacturing,
|2.||MDes in Industrial Design, Communication Design, Animation, Interaction Design, Mobility and Vehicle Design PhD in Design||Industrial Design Centre, IIT Bombay|
|3.||MDes in Industrial Design||Instrument Design and Development Centre, IIT Delhi|
|4.||MDes in Design,
PhD in Design
|Department of Design, IIT Guwahati|
|5.||MDes in Visual Design,
PhD in Design
|Department of Design, IIT Hyderabad|
|6.||MDes in Product Design, Visual Design*||Design Discipline, IIITDM Jabalpur|
|7.||MDes in Design*, PhD in Design||Design Programme, IIT Kanpur|
Note: Aspirants Seeking admission in these courses and institutes are advised to keep checking the announcement. Institutes will notify the admission openings to the postgraduate programs in design separately. So keep checking the individual website as conducting body i.e. The JEE (Advanced)-UCEED-CEED office, IIT Bombay does not provide information on PG admission etc.
Note: The CEED exam will be conducted in two parts. Part A will be conducted from 10:00 to 11:00 hours followed by Part B from 11:00 to 13:00 hours.
Institutes Participating in CEED 2022
Common Entrance Exam for Design is a qualifying examination for admission to Master of Design (MDes) programmes at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, IIITDM Jabalpur, and IIT Kanpur, and to Ph.D programmes in Design at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IIT Kanpur.
Qualifying in CEED 2022 alone does not guarantee admission to any of these programmes. Participating institutes may conduct further tests and/or interviews for the final selection/admission.
Admitting/Participating Institutes will also verify the eligibility, the category certificates and other original documents along with the CEED score.
- IISC Bangalore: Center for Product Design and Manufacturing
- IIT Bombay: Industrial Design Center
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi: Instrument Design and Development Centre
- IIT Guwahati: Department of Design
- Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad: Department of Design
- IIITDM Jabalpur: Design Discipline
- IIT Kanpur: Design Programme
CEED 2022 Application Form
The detailed information regarding the CEED registration is given below.
- Application form will be released in the second week of October 2022.
- CEED Registration form will be filled through online mode at the official website.
- Applicants have to fill the application form carefully because there is no provision of correction window.
- Candidates have to fill the valid and working information in the application.
- Multiple forms might be rejected by the officials.
CEED 2022 Application Fees
Here is the fee to sit for the exam. Also, the payment methods are given below. Doubts regarding the same can be easily cleared after reading them properly.
|All women candidates||Rs. 1,300||plus GST|
|For (SC / ST / PwD) candidates||Rs. 1,300||plus GST|
|All other candidates (General)||Rs. 2,600||plus GST|
Late Fees: A late fee of Rs. 500/- will be charged from all the candidates after the regular closing date.
How to fill the CEED 2022 Application Form Online?
Following are the instructions to fill the CEED 2022 Application Form Online.
- Apply through the official website only. i.e www.ceed.iitb.ac.in.
- Upload following documents with specific requirements, File containing your recent colour photograph (.jpg file), Scanned copy of applicant signature (.jpg file), Scanned copy of applicant degree/diploma certificate (.pdf file) if the course is completed.
- If a candidate does not have the final degree certificate, please upload the copy of the final year mark list or the provisional certificate.
- If the course is not completed, a certificate from the Principal of the college / Head of the department (Appendix 1) (.pdf file).
- Upload the caste certificate if applicable.
- Candidates with a physical disability (PwD) category should produce a valid medical certificate.
- If you face any problem while filling the form, you can report it by clicking the “Report Problem” button on the right side of the form.
CEED 2022 Eligibility Criteria
These criteria given below are the minimum requirement for every candidate, which they should be able to fulfil in order to sit for the exam.
- Education Qualification: Candidates must have passed or appeared the or final exam by July 2022 in any of the degree/diploma/postgraduate course of 4 years or 3+2 years (after 10+2 level).
- And, Candidates who passed the GD Arts diploma program (10+5 level).
- Age Criteria: There is no age limit to appear for CEED.
- No of Attempt: any number of times.
- Institute wise Eligibility Criteria: Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria for admission lead down various participating institutes.
Examination Cities: Choice of Examination Centers
The applicants must choose 3 preferable cities (Examination centres) at the time of online registration. Once the registration/application form is submitted, request for a change of city will NOT be entertained under any circumstances. In 2022, the examination will be conducted in 24 cities.
- CEED 2022 Examination Cities:
Click Here to register online for CEED 2022.
Download CEED 2022 Information Brochure
CEED 2022 Highlights
Check below in the table short details of CEED 2022:
|Exam Name||Common Entrance Exam for Design (CEED 2022)|
|Conducting body||IIT Bombay|
|Frequency||Once a year|
How and from when will be the CEED 2022 application process start?
The application process will get started from the second week of October 2020 through online mode.
Can I apply through GATE score?
. Yes, students can apply through GATE score. Such candidates need not appear for the entrance test.
Will there be any age limit to apply for CEED?
No, there will be no age limit to apply for CEED.
Can the candidates appearing in the last year of Bachelors programme eligible to apply for CEED?
Yes, appearing candidates are eligible for CEED but they must show passing proof of admission.
For detailed information about the Bachelor’s Degree at IIT visit JEE MAIN 2020 Page.
ceed exam, ceed exam fees, ceed 2020 answer key, ceed full form, ceed admit card, ceed 2020 exam date, ceed 2020 results, ceed login