BHU School Entrance Test 2020, known as BHU SET 2020 will be conducted by the Banaras Hindu University. Which provides admissions to eligible candidates in Central Hindu Boys School and Central Hindu Girls School (K). Candidates willing to take admissions will have to apply for BHU School Entrance Test 2020. The University will declare the exam dates related to BHU SET 2020 and will release the examination catalogue on March 2020. For further details, candidates can read the detailed information about BHU SET 2020 given below to know more on the entrance exam including important dates, exam centres, exam pattern, cut off and counselling process.
BHU School Entrance Test 2020 Important dates
Dates regarding the examination are mentioned below:
|School Application form available||First week of March 2020|
|Last date to apply||Last week of March 2020|
|Correction in Application Form||First week of April 2020|
|Admit card release||First week of April 2020|
|School Entrance test date||Last week of April 2020|
|Result declaration (Tentative)||First week of June 2020|
|Counselling||Last week of June 2020|
BHU SET 2020 Application Form
BHU SET 2020 Application forms will be available online on the official website. Students interested in admissions for special courses need to fill the application form online. Application forms are available only in online mode.
Candidates need to know the proper procedure before filling the application form. BHU SET 2020
Category wise application fee details are mentioned below:
Note: The payment of application fee will be made through either credit card/debit card/HDFC bank challan.
For further information about the application form candidates must visit www.bhuonline.in.
BHU SET 2020 Eligibility criteria
The qualification criteria for different classes are given below:
- For class VI the Age limit is 10 Years to 12 years and must have passed a class examination from a school.
- For class IX the Age limit is 13 Years to 15 years age and must have passed class VIII examination from a school.
- For class XI the age limit is 18 Years maximum age and must have passed class X examination.
Download the complete information brochure here.
For external candidates, coming through SET:
- Above 50% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate for admission in Science Stream. Above 50% marks or equivalent grade is essential in each, Science and Mathematics for admission to Science group.
- Above 40% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate for commerce.
- Class X passed for Arts stream.
- In addition to the above, a candidate (excluding reserved categories) shall be eligible for admission to the above classes only if the candidate gets a minimum of 33% marks in the School Entrance Test in which the candidate is appearing. These criteria will also apply in case of the sons and daughters of the BHU employees and Physically Challenged (PC) candidates. For SC/ST candidates the criteria for admission in class XI will be under their reserved quota as per KVS rules.
BHU SET 2020 Syllabus
- For class VI: The question paper will be of class V standard. It will be comprised of 100 MCQs.
- For class IX: The question paper will be of class VIII standard. It will be comprised of 100 MCQ
- For class XI: The test question paper will be at class X standard. It will be comprised of 100 MCQs.
- For Maths Group: Subjects are English, Hindi, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Gen. Studies.
- For Bio Group: Subjects are English, Hindi, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Gen. Studies.
For Commerce & Arts Group: Subjects are English, Hindi, History, Geography, Economics, Political Science, General Maths and Gen. Studies.
BHU SET 2020 Exam Pattern
Below mentioned are few points that students appearing for SET 2020 must keep in mind:
- Candidates will provide with a Question Booklet containing the questions and a separate Answer Sheet
- Each question shall be followed by four alternative answers i.e, the question paper will consist of MCQs.
- The candidate needs to check the question paper booklet if it holds the total no. of papers mentioned and is required to write his/her Roll Number, Question Booklet No. and Set No., if any, at the appropriate places provided in the answer sheet. Only Ball Point pen can be used by the students.
- (Note: Please note that any error in darkening the Roll Number or writing set number will result in a wrong evaluation of the Answer Sheet.
- A candidate may take further note that non-filling of Set No. if any, Roll No. and other vital details would lead to non-evaluation of Answer Sheet and cancellation of his/her candidature. Hence, the candidate should be careful in darkening Roll Number and writing set number).
- The answer will be considered incorrect if more than one oval is darkened or an oval is darkened improperly. Any other method of marking such as tick mark, cross marBHU SET 2020k, use of dot, line mark and half-filled oval or marks outside the oval shall not be evaluated.
- If any question is not attempted and the candidate leaves all the ovals against that question as blank. Such an answer will be awarded zero marks.
- Inner cover page of the Question Booklet or the blank space/page at the end of Question Booklet may be used for rough work.
- No page from the Question Booklet is to be torn or removed. If a candidate is found tearing any page from the Question Booklet, he/she shall be liable to punishment for adopting unfair means and shall not be allowed to continue in the Entrance Test.
BHU SET 2020 Results
Banaras Hindu University SET 2020 Results will release on June 2020. Candidates can check their results on the official website of BHU. Results are announced in online mode only. Candidates can log in to their registered account using Login Id and password to know their results.
Central Hindu Boys School Cutoff
The cutoff for Hindu boys & girls school is given below:
|Category||Class 6th||Class 9th||Class 11th (Mathematics)||Class 11th (Biology)||Class 11th (Arts and Commerce)|
|Scheduled Caste||Main List||79||64||60||57||69|
|Scheduled Tribe||Main List||71||60||52||60||57|
|BHU- GEN||Main List||33||33||38||41||34|
|BHU – SC||Main List||25||27||29||29||32|
|BHU – ST||Main List||33||17||29||29||29|
Note: Download the official cutoff list released by the university here.
Central Hindu Girls School Cutoff
BHU SET 2020 Selection Process
The selection process will be done based on the marks obtained in the Entrance Test Merit List. candidates will be given a seat in the concerned class strictly based on the merit. In case of a tie, the Banaras Hindu University Guidelines will be followed. For admission in class VI, IX and XI, the candidates will have to come for counselling and they will be offered seats in the class/ subject combination of their choice strictly according to their merit ranking so long as the seats remain available.
BHU SET 2020 Counselling
BHU SET 2020 Counselling will start in June 2020. Candidates who have qualified the entrance exam will be allowed to attend the counselling. Candidates must carry all the necessary documentation along with their admit card for the counselling procedure.
BHU SET 2020 Seats & Reservation
- 15% seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste candidates.
- 7.5% of seats are reserved for Scheduled Tribe candidates.
- 3% seats are reserved for Physically Challenged (PC) candidates.
THE MINIMUM NUMBER OF AVAILABLE SEATS
|XI Maths Stream||17|
|XI Biology Stream||16|
|XI Commerce Stream||25|
|XI Arts Stream||40|
|IX – 240|
|XI Maths Stream||38+50*|
|XI Biology Stream||25|
|XI Commerce Stream||14|
|XI Arts Stream||14|
The BHU Schools
For more information regarding JEE Main 2020.
bhu entrance exam date 2020, bhu online form 2020, bhu entrance exam 2020 for class 11, bhu admission 2018, bhu phd admission 2018-19