BHU SET 2020 Exam has been postponed by the authority due to COVID-19. BHU SET 2020 known as Banaras Hindu University School Entrance Test 2020. The application form has been released for 6th, 9th and 11th class. This entrance exam is conducted by Banaras Hindu University at the university level once in a year. This SET exam is a OMR paper-pen mode school entrance test that offers admission into Central Hindu Boys School and Central Hindu Girls School (K). For admission in 11th class, the student has to fill different forms for applying to different streams. The University has created its Entrance Test Portal bhu2.ucanapply.com. Interested students can go through the following article for the detailed information regarding BHU SET exam.
Check here the vital information of BHU SET 2020.
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
- BHU SET 2020 Exam has been postponed by the authority due to COVID-19.
- Admit Card will be released on 11 April 2020.
- Application form has been released on 20 February 2020.
BHU School Entrance Test 2020 Important dates
Dates regarding the examination are mentioned in the table below:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about BHU SET 2020: Admit Card (11 April), Exam Pattern, Syllabus - Admissions
|School Application form available||20 February 2020|
|Last date to apply||21 March 2020|
|Correction in Application Form||23 March 2020 to 28 March 2020|
|Admit card release|
|School Entrance test date||Postponed|
The important dates regarding the BHU SET will be revised by the authority soon.
BHU SET 2020 Admit Card
The vital information regarding the BHU SET Admit Card is given below
- The admit card will be released soon.
- The authority will release the admit card in online mode.
- For the student’s ease the BHU sends messages and emails on the candidate’s registered phone numbers and email id’s regarding the release of the admit card.
- Candidates can download the hall ticket through the official website.
- Aspirants have to enter their login details to download the admit card.
- Hall ticket is an important document need to carry on the exam day.
- Candidates have to carry one id proof to along with their hall ticket.
BHU SET 2020 Application Form
The detailed information regarding the BHU SET Application form is given below.
- The application form hs been released on 20 February 2020.
- The last date of filling the form is 21 March 2020.
- Candidates can fill their application on the official website through online mode.
- Applicants have to fill the complete form because incomplete fill form will be rejected by the officials.
- Multiple forms of the single candidate will be rejected by the officials.
The category wise application fee of BHU SET is given below
- Mode of payment: Candidate has to pay the application fee through online mode via:
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Net banking
For further information about the application form candidates must visit www.bhuonline.in.
BHU SET 2020 Eligibility criteria
The qualification criteria for different classes are given below:
- For class VI the Age limit is 10 Years to 12 years and must have passed a class examination from a school.
- For class IX the Age limit is 13 Years to 15 years age and must have passed class VIII examination from a school.
- For class XI the age limit is 18 Years maximum age and must have passed class X examination.
For external candidates, coming through SET:
- Above 50% of marks or equivalent grade is essential in each, Science and Mathematics for admission to Science group.
- Above 40% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate for commerce.
- Class X passed for Arts stream.
- In addition to the above, a candidate (excluding reserved categories) shall be eligible for admission to the above classes only if the candidate gets a minimum of 33% marks in the School Entrance Test in which the candidate is appearing. These criteria will also apply in case of the sons and daughters of the BHU employees and Physically Challenged (PC) candidates. For SC/ST candidates the criteria for admission in class XI will be under their reserved quota as per KVS rules.
BHU SET 2020 Syllabus
The detailed information regarding BHU SET syllabus is given below.
- For Class VI: The question paper will be of class V standard. It will be comprised of 100 MCQs.
- For Class IX: The question paper will be of class VIII standard. It will be comprised of 100 MCQ
- For Class XI: The test question paper will be at class X standard. It will be comprised of 100 MCQs.
- For Maths Group: Subjects are English, Hindi, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Gen. Studies.
- For Bio Group: Subjects are English, Hindi, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Gen. Studies.
For Commerce & Arts Group: Subjects are English, Hindi, History, Geography, Economics, Political Science, General Maths and Gen. Studies.
BHU SET 2020 Exam Pattern
The details regarding the BHU SET 2020 Exam pattern are given below:
- Questions Type: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Mode of Examination: The exam will be conducted in Offline mode.
- Total Questions: There will be a total 100 questions in the paper.
- Duration of Exam: The exam will be of 02 hours duration.
- Ink Color or Type: Ball Pen of any blue or black colour
Below mentioned are few points that students appearing for SET 2020 must keep in mind:
- Candidates will provide with a Question Booklet containing the questions and a separate Answer Sheet
- Each question shall be followed by four alternative answers i.e, the question paper will consist of MCQs.
- The candidate needs to check the question paper booklet if it holds the total no. of papers mentioned and is required to write his/her Roll Number, Question Booklet No. and Set No., if any, at the appropriate places provided in the answer sheet. Only Ball Point pen can be used by the students.
- (Note: Please note that any error in darkening the Roll Number or writing set number will result in a wrong evaluation of the Answer Sheet.
- A candidate may take further note that non-filling of Set No. if any, Roll No. and other vital details would lead to non-evaluation of Answer Sheet and cancellation of his/her candidature. Hence, the candidate should be careful in darkening Roll Number and writing set number).
- The answer will be considered incorrect if more than one oval is darkened or an oval is darkened improperly. Any other method of marking such as tick mark, cross marBHU SET 2020k, use of dot, line mark and half-filled oval or marks outside the oval shall not be evaluated.
- If any question is not attempted and the candidate leaves all the ovals against that question as blank. Such an answer will be awarded zero marks.
- Inner cover page of the Question Booklet or the blank space/page at the end of Question Booklet may be used for rough work.
- No page from the Question Booklet is to be torn or removed. If a candidate is found tearing any page from the Question Booklet, he/she shall be liable to punishment for adopting unfair means and shall not be allowed to continue in the Entrance Test.
BHU SET 2020 Results
The vital information regarding the BHU SET 2020 Result is given below.
- Banaras Hindu University SET 2020 Results will release in September 2020.
- Candidates can check their results on the official website of BHU.
- Results are announced in online mode only.
- Candidates can log in to their registered account using Login Id and password to know their results.
Central Hindu Boys School Cutoff
The cutoff for Hindu boys & girls school is given below:
|Category||Class 6th||Class 9th||Class 11th (Mathematics)||Class 11th (Biology)||Class 11th (Arts and Commerce)|
|Scheduled Caste||Main List||79||64||60||57||69|
|Scheduled Tribe||Main List||71||60||52||60||57|
|BHU- GEN||Main List||33||33||38||41||34|
|BHU – SC||Main List||25||27||29||29||32|
|BHU – ST||Main List||33||17||29||29||29|
Note: Download the official cutoff list released by the university here.
Central Hindu Girls School Cutoff
BHU SET 2020 Selection Process
The selection process will be done based on the marks obtained in the Entrance Test Merit List. candidates will be given a seat in the concerned class strictly based on the merit. In case of a tie, the Banaras Hindu University Guidelines will be followed. For admission in class VI, IX and XI, the candidates will have to come for counselling and they will be offered seats in the class/ subject combination of their choice strictly according to their merit ranking so long as the seats remain available.
BHU SET 2020 Counselling
The details regarding the BHU SET 2020 Counselling are given below:
- BHU SET 2020 Counselling will start in June 2020.
- The counselling process will be conducted after declaration of result.
- Candidates who have qualified the entrance exam will be allowed to attend the counselling.
- Candidates must carry all the necessary documentation along with their admit card for the counselling procedure.
- The authority will verify the eligibility of the candidate in the counselling process.
BHU SET 2020 Seats & Reservation
- 15% seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste candidates.
- 7.5% of seats are reserved for Scheduled Tribe candidates.
- 3% seats are reserved for Physically Challenged (PC) candidates.
THE MINIMUM NUMBER OF AVAILABLE SEATS
|XI Maths Stream||17|
|XI Biology Stream||16|
|XI Commerce Stream||25|
|XI Arts Stream||40|
|IX – 240|
|XI Maths Stream||38+50*|
|XI Biology Stream||25|
|XI Commerce Stream||14|
|XI Arts Stream||14|
The BHU Schools
For more information regarding JEE Main 2020.
What is SET in BHU?
BHU SET is an OMR paper-pen mode school entrance test (SET) directed by the Banaras Hindu University for admission of boys and girls in classes IX and XI in Central Hindu Boys' School and Central Hindu Girls' School. On the basis of marks obtained in BHU SET, students will be given a seat.
What is the full form of BHU SET?
BHU SET stands for Banaras Hindu University School Entrance Test.
What the BHU SET application fee?
For general category have to pay Rs. 400/- and for SC/ST/OBC have to pay Rs.200/-
bhu entrance exam date 2020, bhu online form 2020, bhu entrance exam 2020 for class 11, bhu admission 2018, bhu phd admission 2018-19, bhu set, bhu set admit card, bhu set result