Coronavirus outbreak is literally taking the world on its nerve right now. With a panicking situation worldwide, when everybody is been asked to stay at home, CBSE Class 10 and 12 students and those who have to take their board exams are being asked to attend the exam at specified examination centres. However, due to a sudden rise in the number of coronavirus cases across the globe, CBSE and other boards have issued a set of guidelines for the examination centres.
CBSE has directed board examination centres to ensure sitting arrangement with adequate distance between students to contain the coronavirus spread. Invigilators should cover face with masks, handkerchiefs during examination.
List of Instructions released by CBSE
CBSE has released a new list of instructions for the students to follow. The CBSE Class 10 exams will end on 20 March 2020 while the Class 12 exams will end on 30 March 2020.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about CBSE Issues New Rules for Exam Centre to Coronavirus - Admissions
Following the orders issued the Union Ministry of Health, a look at the directives issued to exam centres.
- There has to at least 1 metre between two examinees.
- The centres should not allow more than 24 students in a room, maintaining the distance.
- All exam centres have to ensure that the distance between two examinees is not less than 1 metre. If an examination hall is small in size then, the number of students taking exams can be divided into two rooms as well as the invigilators.
- Moreover, students can carry their masks and sanitizers and the examination centre should also be equipped with the two.
- The school may utilize all the available rooms and space at the centre to ensure the distance and precaution for students.
A circular issued by Goa Education Director Vandana Rao informed that exams for Classes IX to XII will be held as per schedule with schools asked to seat students one metre apart.
A total of 1889878 candidates are registered to appear in Class 10 and 1206893 candidates are registered to appear in Class 12 boards.
In Class 10, as many as 788195 are girls while 1101664 are boys and 19 transgender’s students, while in Class 12, 522819 are girls, 684068 are boys and 6 transgender students.
Also Read: CBSE Class 10th Timetable
Also Read: CBSE Class 12th Timetable