Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) Admission 2019 are open in various undergraduate, postgraduate and research Programs in various specialization under Science, Commerce, and Arts stream etc. JNU usually issues application form through offline mode during 1st or 2nd week of February every year. It also offers financial assistance to all students through various fellowship/scholarship facilities.
Upcoming Application Form
- JEE Main January Session 2019 by National Testing Agency Check Here
- Manipal University B.Tech Admission Open Apply Here
- Manipal University All Courses Admission Open Apply Here
- Amrita University B.Tech. Admissions Open 2019 Apply Here
- SRM B.Tech Admissions Open Apply Here
- UPES B. Tech Admissions Open for 2019 Apply Here
- LPU B. Tech Admissions Open for 2019 Apply Here
JNUEE 2019 Admission Notification: Exam Delayed
As per recent announcements, Now JNU Entrance Examination will be held in May 2019 through online mode and not in December 2018, as per the last schedule. JNU 2019 admissions to as many as 1065 seats and another 1080 MPhil and Ph.D. seats entrance examination will be conducted through a Computer-Based Test in collaboration with National Testing Agency.
Official Notification Regarding JNUEE 2019 December 2018 Exam
JNU conducts various entrance tests for granting admissions to various programs at Kendriya Vidyalayas which is spread across all over the country in the 3rd week of May every year. The time duration for the entrance exam is of 3 hours and the entrance exam held for 4 days for with 2-3 hours session every day. The weightage for the written test is of 70% and 30% for viva voce. This university also reserved seats for foreign nationals to the extent of 15%, along with reserving seats for the candidates of backward classes and people with physical disabilities. These seats for foreign nationals are fixed for each programme. And this university also awards deprivation points to all female students, these points exceeds up to 10.
Information about admissions in various UG, PG courses you can get on this page.
Latest Update: JNU 2019 MBA Course Application Form will start from 20 January 2019.
Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) Admission 2019 Exams for UG, PG, and other courses will be conducted from May 2019.
JNU Admission Schedule 2019
The important dates for admission process are given below:
|Issue of offline Application Forms (by post)||First/Second week of February 2019|
|Last date for issue of offline Application Forms (by post)||Second week of March 2019|
|Last date for online Registration||Third week of March 2019|
|Last date for submission of completed Application Form (to reach JNU)||Last week of March 2019|
|Date of the Entrance Examination||Third week of May 2019|
|Declaration of Result||June 2019|
JNU UG Admission 2019
Jawaharlal Nehru University is the school of Language, Literature and Cultural Studies. This is the only university which provides Bachelor’s degree. In UG there is only B.A. (Hons.) in various languages – French, German, Japanese, Arabic, Chinese, Persian, Spanish, Russian, Pashto, and Korean. This school of language also offers lateral entry to this course. For getting admissions in the 1st year of B.A (Hons.) there is no viva voce exam but for 2nd-year admission, candidates have to give viva voce exam. The eligibility criteria for appearing for the viva voce for getting admission in 2nd year, candidates must have secured following marks out of 70 in the written exam.
|Starting of Application Form||20 January 2019|
|Application Form submission last date||01 March 2019|
|Date of MBA viva/interview of shortlisted applicants||15, 16 & 18 April 2019|
|Result Declaration||26 April 2019|
|Seats Booking closed on||03 May 2019|
|Closing of booking of seats||06 May 2019|
|2nd list||10 May 2019|
|Booking of seats||10 May 2019|
|Seats Booking closed on||16 May 2019|
- General Category- 25% (17.50 marks out of 70)
- OBC- 50% (15.75 marks out of 70)
- SC/ST/PH- 15% (10.50 marks out of 70)
The final admissions in UG programs will be made on the basis of inter-se merit of candidates in their respective specializations.
Candidate must have scored the following minimum marks in the entrance examination for admission to the undergraduate programs of study:
- General Category: 30%
- OBC: 27%
- SC/ST/PH: 25%
JNU Application Form 2019
Given below, we have given details about JNU admission form 2019:
- Applications will be accepted only through online mode.
- Applicants can apply for 3 fields of study of their choices.
- JNU admission form will be issued in February 2019 by NTA.
- Students required to upload the scanned images of photograph and signature in the given format.
- JNU Application correction facility in the application form is also given by the university.
- The application fee can be paid through online mode only.
- Payment will be done through debit card, credit card, and net banking.
Given below is the application fee for various courses:
|No. of Choices||M.Phil./M.Tech./MPH/ Pre-Ph.D./Ph.D./M.A./M.Sc./M.C.A. (In Rs.)||B.A. (Hons.) 1st & 2nd year and all Part Time Courses (In Rs.)|
|GEN||SC/ST/PWD & OBC||BPL||GEN||SC/ST/PWD & OBC||BPL|
|For 1 Choice||530||310||110||400||265||65|
|For 2 Choices||800||415||215||575||325||125|
|For 3 Choices||1000||500||300||750||380||180|
Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) Admission 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for admissions in this programme is given below.
|B.A. (HONS.) (Entry point – 1st year)||12th class certificate with minimum 45% marks|
|B.A. (HONS.) (Entry point – 2nd year)||1st yr. Bachelor’s degree or recognized examination as equivalent with minimum 45% marks or 50% in the case of German under the 10+2+3 pattern of education.|
|M.A. in Arabic, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Persian, & French||Bachelor degree or recognized examination as equivalent with minimum 45% marks. Applicants must have good proficiency in the concerned language.|
|M.Sc in Life Sciences||B.Sc. or B.Tech or equivalent in Biological, Physical or Agricultural Sciences or Biotechnology with minimum 55% marks.|
|MA in Economics||Bachelor degree or equivalent in any stream with at least 50% marks. Must have knowledge of 12 level mathematics.|
|MCA||Bachelor degree in any discipline with a good knowledge of mathematics with at least 55% marks required.|
|M.Tech in Statistical Computing||Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Operational Research or in any branch of Science, Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Engineering, MCA Applicants must have at least 55% marks in the qualifying examination.|
|M.Tech in Computer Science and Technology||Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research, any branch of Science, any branch of Engineering, MCA with at least 55% marks required.|
JNU 2019 Syllabus
|MCA||General Aptitude, Reasoning and 12th and Bachelor’s level Mathematics and Computer Science.|
|M.Tech in Statistical Computing||Part A: General Aptitude, Reasoning, and Bachelor’s/Master’s level Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science.
Part B: Data science/Data Communication stream.
|M.Tech in Computer Science and Technology||General Aptitude, Reasoning and Bachelor’s/Master’s level Mathematics & Computer Science.|
|M.A. in Economics||Microeconomics, Descriptive Statistics, Problems of Economic History, Underdevelopment & Growth, etc.|
|M.Sc in Life Sciences||Candidates can follow the UGC approved syllabus in their respective subjects.|
|B.A. (Hons.) 1st year in Foreign Languages||General knowledge, Artificial Language, short essays on issues related to the subject.|
JNU 2019 Admit Card
- Applicants will get the JNU 2019 admit card through online mode.
- Admit Card will be released in the second week of December 2018.
- Applicants have to bring admit card along with a latest passport size photograph at the exam centre.
- It is advised to the candidates to carry a copy of the admit card with themselves.
JNU 2019 Answer Key
- The JNUEE 2019 Answer Key will be released through online mode.
- The answer key will be released after the 2-3 days of the JNU Entrance Exam.
- Answer key will help the candidates to verify their marks and calculate the score.
- It will be given only for the objective type questions.
How to Check the Answer Key
Applicants must follow the given below steps to check the answer key:
- Firstly, go to the official site of JNU.
- Secondly.search the link “JNUEE 2019 Answer Key”.
- Now, click on that link.
- Also, select the course.
- Finally, the Answer Key will be displayed on the screen.
- Also, applicants can download the answer key.
- In addition, take the copy of the answer key for future reference.
Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) Admission 2019 Result
- Applicants will be able to check their results only through online mode.
- JNUEE 2019 Result will be announced in the 4th week of February 2019 for viva voice courses. After the completion of viva, a merit list will be made.
- JNU merit list will be released in March 2019 for other courses and April 2019 for viva voce courses.
Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) Admission 2019 Cut- Off
- The Cut-Off list will be released after the JNU result declaration for various courses.
- Applicants can check the JNU 2019 Cut Off through online mode.
- The cut-off is the minimum marks obtained by the applicants in the JNU Entrance Exam (JNUEE) for the PG courses.
- The Cut-off list will be made on the basis of the given factors such as the total number of candidates appeared in the examination, difficulty level of the examination, highest & lowest marks secured by the applicants, etc.
- On the basis of cut-off, aspirants will be called for the admission process.
How to Apply for JNU Admission(2019-2020), Delhi?
BA Course: For getting admission in this university the candidates can apply through online or offline mode.
Online Mode: Candidates can register themselves to get admission in B.A (for both regular or lateral entry) through filing online admission form which is available at the official website of JNU. Candidates also have to pay the application fee of Rs. 300 through net banking, credit or debit card etc.
Offline Mode: Candidates can also send their application form through the post with prospectus and a demand draft of Rs. 300.
- DD should be made in the favor of Jawahar Lal Nehru University which will be payable at New Delhi and the letter which will be sent by the candidate should clearly mention the name of the program for which the application is required.
- Candidates who are Natives of Nepal can also get the prospectus and application form by posting DD of Rs. 400.
- Candidates are requested to post the filled application form with necessary documents which are required on the address given below:
Section Officer (Admissions)
Room No. 28, Administrative Block,
Jawaharlal Nehru University,
Documents which are required:
- Two self-attested copies of the Matriculation, Higher Secondary Pre-University of Indian School Certificate or Senior School Certificate (10+2) or an equivalent examination certificate, showing the age/date of birth of the candidate
- Migration Certificate (in original) from the Head of the Institution/University last attended.
- A Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate, if belonging to SC/ST/OBC category
- Two self-attested copies of the statement of marks obtained by the candidate in Senior School
- A Medical Certificate for PWD Candidates certifying nature & percentage of disability issued by the competent medical authority
JNU Admission Process
BA (First year): Admission will be granted on the basis of the performance of candidates in entrance exam which is held the JNU itself.
BA (Lateral Entry): Admission will be granted on the basis of the performance of the candidates in entrance exam (70%) and in viva voce (30%) which is held by JNU itself.
In this university 27% of seats are being reserved for OBC candidates, 15% for SC and 7.5% seats are also reserved for ST candidates. Here seats are also reserved for physically challenged candidates to the extent of 3%
Read more about JNUEE Admission Here.