Sports and sports management courses are the courses that involve study of physical activities or games that are played in groups or individually and the management of these sports. These courses provide details regarding the athletic activities, management structure, rules, ethics and much more. Candidates may read the whole article for complete details regarding the Sports and sports management courses.
What is Sports?
Sports is the activity involving physical exertion and skill for the purpose of enjoyment, learning skills and participating in competition. Sports can be indulged in life to stay fit and healthy as well as because of love for participation in physical activities. Moreover, candidates can make a great career in the field of sports other than being an active sports person.
Scope of Sports and Sports Management Courses
Due to high demand and popularity of sports in India as well as other countries there is huge scope in this field. Candidates can seek rewarding career opportunities in the field of sports, sports management, sports journalism, sports medicine, adventure sports and many more.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about Sports and Sports Management Courses: Career & Jobs - Admissions
Candidates can make the career in the sports and management of sports according to their interest and choice in which they have knowledge and expertise. The various popular sports fields are Cricket, Badminton, Volleyball, Football, basketball, boxing, Gymnastics, Hockey, Wrestling, Cycling etc.
Sports and Sports Management Courses
The details regarding the courses that comes under the field of sports and the management are given below:
- Diploma in Sports Medicine
- Diploma in Sports Coaching
- Diploma in Sports Management
- Diploma in Sports Science and Nutrition
- B.Sc in Physical Education, Health Education and Sports Sciences
- Bachelor of Physical Education
- Bachelor of Arts in sports Management
- B.Sc (Hons) in Sports Science
- B.Sc in Sports and Recreation management
- Bachelor of sports management
- Bachelor of Business administration in sports management
- Master of Physical Education
- M.Sc in Sports Coaching
- Post Graduate Diploma in sports medicine
- Post graduation diploma in Sports management
- MBA in sports management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Sports Business
- Master of sports management
- M.Sc in sports science
- PhD in Physical Education
- M.Phil in physical education
- PhD in Sports management
Sports and Sports Management Eligibility criteria
The details regarding the eligibility criteria of sports and its management courses are given below:
Skill Required for Sports and Sports Management Courses
The skill that are required for the courses in this field are given below:
- Must be physically fit with high energy.
- Must have Good stamina.
- Passion for sports and great enthusiasm
- Great Determination and sporting spirit
- Good management skills.
- Impressive Time management skills.
The details regarding the admission procedure for the sports and its management courses are given below:
- Candidates must be eligible to apply for the courses in this field.
- Candidates class 12 marks will be considered for admission in the UG courses.
- For PG Courses, candidates marks in the qualifying degree will be given preference for admission.
- Candidates can apply for the Diploma in sports medicine after getting the MBBS degree.
- The institutes may release a merit list on the basis of the marks in the qualifying exam.
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for the counselling for the admission.
- Candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of eligibility of candidates, performance in qualifying exam and no. of vacant seats.
Colleges offering Sports and Sports Management Courses
The top colleges offering the courses in the sports field are listed below:
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Physical Education and Sports Management, New Delhi
- National institute of Sports, Patiala
- Lakshmibai National Institute of Sports, Patiala
- Lakshmibai National college for Physical education, Thiruvantapuram, Keralala
- SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai
- Delhi University, New Delhi
Sports Career and Jobs
Sports opened many career opportunities in India for the young talents. If a candidate is having talent in any sport and may choose it as a career then the candidate can make a huge success in the career.
Other than being a sports person, candidates can make their career in sports marketing, coaching, athletic administration, sports medicine, sport promotion, sport psychology, and many more.
Candidates can get work in private as well as government sectors. The indian government and Armed forces have a special recruitment drive for exceptional sports talent. Candidates can also open their own business in manufacturing of sports equipment after having some experience.
The top jobs in the field of sports and its management are listed below:
- Sport Psychologist
- Sports Journalist
- Sports Player
- Sports coach and instructor
- Sports photographer
- Personal Trainer
- Professional athlete
- Physical education teacher
- Health Advice officer
- Health and Public Service officer
The top recruiters in this field are listed below:
- Media, Sports and advertising companies
- Sports management Industry
- Merchandising(Retail) Companies
- Educational Institutions and colleges