UCEED 2020 Cutoff has been released on 23 March 2020 by IIT Bombay. The result and scorecard have been released on 13 March 2020. UCEED 2020 is also known as Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design. This entrance exam is conducted by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay under the guidance of UCEED Admission Committee. The exam is conducted once a year to offer admission in Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) program at various participating institutes like IT Bombay, IIITDM Jabalpur and IIT Guwahati. Interested candidate can go through the whole article for detailed information regarding UCEED 2020.
Latest Updates of UCEED:
- UCEED 2020 Cutoff has been released on 23 March 2020 by IIT Bombay.
- UCEED 2020 Result has been released on 13 March 2020.
UCEED 2020 Important Dates
Following are the dates for UCEED 2020 and joint seat allocation for B.Des. at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati and IIITDM Jabalpur.
Upcoming Application Form
- Shiv Nadar University Admissions Open Now Apply Now
- Amity University Admissions Open Now Apply Now
- Manipal Uni. 2020 Admissions Now Open Apply Now
- UPES Admissions 2020 Now Open Apply Now
- Amrita University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- KIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- LPU University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Chandigarh University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Bennett University-Times of India Group Admissions Apply Now
- Galgotias University Admission Apply Now
|Online Registration Begin||09 October 2019|
|Last date for online registration with the regular fee||09 November 2019|
|Last date for online registration with late fee of Rs. 500/-||20 November 2019 (Extended)|
|Admit card Release||27 December 2020|
|Last date for rectification of discrepancy in admit card||31 December 2020|
|UCEED Exam Date||18 January 2020|
|Draft Answer Key Release for Part-A||21 January 2020|
|Last date for challenging the draft answer key||27 January 2020|
|Release of Final answer key for Part A||04 February 2020|
|UCEED Result Declare & starting of downloading the scorecard||13 March 2020|
|UCEED Cutoff||23 March 2020|
|Application form for B.Des programme||08-30 June 2020|
|Seat allotment for round 1||04 July 2020|
|Seat allotment for round 2||11 July 2020|
|Seat allotment for round 3||15 July 2020|
These are confirmed dates notifies by the officials.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about UCEED 2020: Result (Released), Dates, Cutoff, Scorecard, Admission - Admissions
UCEED 2020 Result
The vital information regarding the UCEED Result is given below.
- The result has been released on 13 March 2020.
- The result has been released in online mode.
- Candidates can check the result from the official website.
- The result is generated on the basis of the performance in the exam.
- Candidate can download the result by login through their details.
NOTE: Click here to view and download the UCEED Result
UCEED 2020 Draft Answer Key
The detailed information regarding UCEED 2020 draft answer key is given below:
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
MIT ADT University Pune Admission 2020
BML MUNJAL UNIVERSITY
KIIT University Admission 2020
GD Goenka University Admission 2020
VijayBhoomi University, Mumbai Admission 2020
UPES Management Entrance Test
LPU Admissions 2020
CGC Landran Admissions 2020
PIET Panipat Admission 2020
Shoolini University Admission 2020
DIT University Admission 2020
UPES Design Aptitude Test
Vel Tech Admissions 2020
GNIOT, Noida Admission 2020
Thapar University Admission 2020
Galgotias University Admission 2020
Manav Rachna University
- The answer key has been released on the official website on 21 January 2020.
- The answer key was released in online mode on the official website.
- Last date for challenging the draft answer key was 27 January 2020.
- The purpose of releasing the draft answer keys is to report any discrepancy or disagreement with the provided answers.
- Through answer key, candidates can evaluate the performance in ht exam before the declaration of result.
Click here for UCEED 2020 question paper
Click here for UCEED 2020 draft answer key
UCEED 2020 Admit Card
The detailed information regarding UCEED 2020 Admit card is given below:
- The UCEED Hall ticket was available for download from 27 December 2019.
- The admit card was released in online mode on the official website.
- It could be downloaded after filling in the necessary details like the Roll number, Signature, and Photo.
- Candidates must carry a printed copy of the downloaded admit card. Only candidates having a valid admit card will be allowed to write the examination.
Click here to download UCEED 2020 Admit Card.
UCEED 2020 Application Form
The detailed information regarding UCEED Application form 2020 is given below
- The online application process has been started on 09 October 2019.
- The application form was released in online mode on the official website.
- Moreover, The last date to fill the form is 09 November 2019 without late fee and with late fee of Rs. 500/- is 20 November 2019 (Extended).
- Students of any discipline, who appeared for class XII exams in 2019 or due to appear in 2020, are eligible to apply for UCEED 2020.
- The General/OBC-NCL category students had to be born on or after 01 October 1995 and SC/ST/PWD had to be born on or after 01 October 1990.
- Candidates are only allowed 2 attempts in consecutive years. The examination took place at 20 centres in 2020 increasing from 19 centres in 2019.
UCEED Application Fee
For Examination Centers in India:
|Indian nationals/OCI/PIO candidates||For ST/SC/PwD/Female candidates||Rs. 1500/-|
|All other candidates||Rs. 3000/-|
|Foreign Nationals||Students from SAARC countries||USD 200|
|Students from Non-SAARC countries||USD 325|
For Examination Centers in Dubai:
|Indian nationals/OCI/PIO candidates||All Indian Nationals||USD 200|
|Foreign Nationals||Students from SAARC countries||USD 200|
|Students from Non-SAARC countries||USD 325|
UCEED 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Here we have mentioned the complete eligibility to appear in the B.Des. programme.
- Nationality: UCEED is open to Indian/Foreign and OCI (Overseas Citizen of India)/PIO (Person of Indian Origin) cardholders.
- Age Limit: Candidate should have been born on or after 01 October 1995 (Open or OBC-NCL) and on or 01 October 1990 (SC/ST/PwD category).
- Qualifying Exam: The applying candidate should pass the 12th or its equivalent exam from the recognized board/university.
- Stream: Candidates passed with any stream, i.e., Science, Commerce, or Arts & Humanities are eligible to appear in UCEED 2020.
- Appearing Candidates: Those passed in 2019 or studying in their final year (2020) of qualifying exam are eligible to apply.
- The validity of Score Card: UCEED 2020 scorecard will be valid only for the academic year 2020-21.
UCEED 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates must check the exam pattern given here before proceeding to prepare for the examination.
- Mode: UCEED is a computer-based examination (online mode).
- Duration: The duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- Maximum Marks: The question paper will be of a maximum of 300 marks.
- Sections: The question paper will be consisting of 3 sections.
- Type of Questions: In section A, Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions will be asked. Section B and section C will be of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer and no negative marking in section-A and section-B. In section-C, 3 marks will be allotted for every correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
|Section||No. of Questions||Question Numbers||Marks if correct||Marks if wrong||Marks if not attempted||Total marks|
|Part A (240 marks, 2 hours 30 mins)|
|Part B (60 marks, 30 mins)|
|Total (Part A & Part B combined): 300 marks|
Marking Scheme of UCEED 2020
The marking scheme of UCEED 2020 is given below.
|1||Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions||
|2||Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)||
|3||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)||
Download the UCEED Brochure along with Syllabus PDF Here.
UCEED 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus of UCEED 2020 was given below for all of the candidates to know which topics and chapters were present in the entrance examination. By knowing UCEED 2020 Syllabus, the candidates were able to strengthen their preparation process.
The UCEED exam will have questions from the following six topics:
VISUALIZATION AND SPATIAL ABILITY: Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test, understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships, knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.
OBSERVATION AND DESIGN SENSITIVITY: Ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, people, situations, and events, and thinking critically about them. Applying attention to certain details, analyzing, reasoning, classifying, inferring and predicting. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL AWARENESS: General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure, and environment. Awareness of social and cultural connection with the design, history of the designed artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture, and literature.
ANALYTICAL AND LOGICAL REASONING: Ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information. Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria. Perform to check for hidden bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence and argument support conclusions. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question. Data Interpretation, brainteasers, and patterns.
LANGUAGE AND CREATIVITY: Ability to understand and use Standard English. Reading comprehension, knowledge of English grammar. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, the ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
DESIGN THINKING AND PROBLEM-SOLVING: Ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs, and symbols. Ability to understand complexity, identify the problem, generate alternatives, evaluate options and select solutions.
Schedule for UCEED 2020
|Date:||18 January 2020 (Saturday)|
|Session:||10:00 to 13:00|
UCEED 2020 Exam Centres
The exam centres of the UCEED 2020 is given below.
The Rank lists will be prepared on the basis of the total marks obtained in UCEED 2020.
Minimum prescribed marks for inclusion in the rank list
|Merit List||Minimum % of marks in each Section||Minimum Total Marks|
|Common Rank List (CRL)||10||100|
|OBC-NCL rank list||9||90|
|SC rank list||5||50|
|ST rank list||5||50|
|PwD rank list||5||50|
UCEED Total Seats
The following table shows the category-wise distribution of the available seats in Bachelor of Design (B.Des) programmes at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati and IIITDM Jabalpur for the academic year 2020-2021:
How to check and Download UCEED 2020 Result?
Results will be declared in March 2020 and results will be published on the official website.
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the result link on the home page.
- Then, Candidates need to log in with user login and password (created during the registration process) to view the results on the webpage.
- UCEED qualified candidates will be able to download their scorecards from 1 March 2020.
- The hard copy of the scorecard will not be sent to the qualified candidates.
- Obtaining a rank in UCEED 2020 does not guarantee admission to the B. Des programme.
Below are the steps which a Candidate need to follow to check or download the UCEED 2020 result
- Candidate needs to log in with their registered E-MAIL id and Password in order to get the result.
- The result will appear on the screen, the candidate can save and download it.
- Those who qualify for the UCEED, the only scorecard will available for them.
Institute Accepting UCEED Score: Result Sharing Institutes
1. Central Institute of Technology, Kokrajhar
2. U.P. Institute of Design Noida
3. Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, Punjab
4. University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
5. VIT University, Vellore, TamilNadu
6. World University of Design, Delhi NCR
7. Chandigarh University, Punjab
8. Srishti School of Art Design and Technology, Bengaluru
9. Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IIT-Guwahati)
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design, and Manufacturing, Jabalpur (IIITDM)
Review, Regrading or Retotalling
- Since the Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design is a computer-based test, there is no scope for review, re-grading or re-totalling of the exam paper.
- However, the UCEED 2020 Question Paper and Draft Answer Key will be released on the UCEED website on24 January 2020.
- Applicants can check the draft answer key and compare their answers to know the correct answers.
- Any discrepancy/comment must be addressed to [email protected], on or before 27 January 2020. Candidates have to mention “Comments on Answer Keys” in the subject of the mail.
- The final decision regarding the answer keys will be taken by the UCEED committee after consolidating all the comments from the candidates and the paper setting team. This decision will be binding on all the candidates.
Highlights of UCEED 2020
The highlights of the UCEED 2020 is given below.
|Examination Name||Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design|
|Name of Conducting Authority||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay|
|Category of Examination||National Level|
UCEED Officiel Address and website
JEE (Advanced), UCEED & CEED 2020
Powai, Mumbai 400076
official address: www.uceed.iitb.ac.in
FAQs of UCEED 2020
How many times is UCEED conducted in a year?
UCEED is conducted once a year typically in the month of January by IIT Bombay.
How many times can I appear for UCEED exam?
You can appear for UCEED for maximum two times and that too in consecutive years. UCEED score for admission is valid for one year only.
Is UCEED conducted online or offline?
UCEED is conducted in online mode as a computer-based test.
What is the format of UCEED question paper?
UCEED is a three-hour duration test in which candidates are evaluated out of 300 marks. The paper usually comprises 85 objective questions that are spread across three sections – Section A (NAT - Numerical Answer Type), Section B (MSQ - Multiple Select Questions) and Section C (MCQ - Multiple Choice Questions). Check complete UCEED pattern.
What is the use of UCEED exam?
Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design or UCEED is conducted by IIT Bombay to shortlist aspirants for admission in BDes course offered at Industrial Design Centre (IDC), IIT Guwahati, IIITDM Jabalpur, IIT Hyderabad as well as other colleges that accept UCEED scores for admission.
Read about All India Entrance Exam for Design Here.
uceed 2020 registration, uceed 2020 login, uceed 2020 exam date, uceed 2020 eligibility