GUJCET 2020 also called Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GUJCET) is a State-level entrance exam for science students seeking admission to Medical and Engineering courses in Universities and Colleges of Gujarat. Also, Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSEB), Gandhinagar conducts GUJCET each year. This exam permits the Board to shortlist the meritorious candidates for admission to various science courses such as MBBS (Medicine), BDS (Dentistry), Nursing, Physiotherapy, (B.Tech/B.E) Engineering, Homeopathy, Ayurveda and Pharmacy (B.Pharm). Last year about 60,000 candidates appeared for this exam.
Upcoming Application Form
- CBSE 10th & 12th Board Dates Apply Now
The GUJCET 2020 examination is supposed to be held in at least three languages which are English, Hindi, and of course Gujarati. The mode of examination will be in offline mode i.e. pen and paper test and will be based on the existing syllabus of 10+2. Read below for more detailed information.
GUJCET Entrance Highlights
Name of Examination
Check your JEE Main Eligibility Here. Join & Refer your Freind to Earn Paytm Cashback Check Now & Refer
|Gujarat Common Entrance Test|
Commonly Known As
|Exam Conducting Body||Gujarat Universities|
Important Exam Update
Purpose of Exam
|Admissions in MBBS (Medicine), BDS (Dentistry), Nursing, Physiotherapy, (B.Tech/B.E) Engineering, Homeopathy, Ayurveda and Pharmacy (B.Pharm)|
Mode of Examination
GUJCET 2020 Important Dates
The important dates are yet to be released by GSEB. The counselling will be organised by ACPC (Admission Committee for Professional Courses).
|Notification Release||2nd week of March 2020|
|Application Release||Last week of March 2020|
|Last date to apply||2nd week of April 2020|
|Admit Card Issue||1st week of May 2020|
|Date of Exam||2nd week of May 2020|
|Answer Key Release||3rd week of May 2020|
|Result Declaration||4th week of May 2020|
|Counselling||1st week of June 2020|
GUJCET 2020 Application Form
Important instructions provided in the Information Brochure for candidates are as follows:
- Firstly, online application forms can be accessed on the official GUJCET website.
- Then, in order to register Online, applicants are required to enter their name (as in class 10 certificate), parents name, email and phone number etc.
- Further, candidates need to verify their email id by logging into their email account.
- Also, once they verify, they can sign into the GUJCET website and fill in the necessary information like qualifications and other details.
- Then, the GUJCET 2020 form fee has to be paid through a bank draft issued in favour of ‘Secretary, Gujarat Entrance Cell Test, Gandhinagar’.
- Moreover, the GUJCET 2020 registration form should be submitted within the deadline set by GSEB otherwise, the candidates would not be able to submit an application.
- No correction will be made after the submission of the form.
- Finally, a printout of the form has to be sent through post to this address:
Admission Committee for Professional Courses,
L.D. College of Engineering Campus,
Navrangpura, Ahmedabad -380015
- An application fee of ₹300/- has to be paid by the applicant offline
- And, Draft issued by a bank in favour of the Secretary of Gujarat Entrance Test Cell, Gandhinagar payable at Ahmedabad.
- However, the application fee is non-refundable.
GUJCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates must check eligibility before applying for the examination:
- Qualifying Exam: Pass higher secondary (12th) examination from the recognized board.
- Subjects: Candidates must pass above examination with Physics & Mathematics as compulsory subject along with Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational Subjects.
- Minimum Marks: Pass above examination with minimum 45% marks (40% marks in case of SC/ST & SEBC).
- Appearing Candidates can also apply.
For Pharmacy Courses:
For Degree Course:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must qualify class 12th examination from the recognized board.
- Subjects: Pass qualifying examination with Physics & Chemistry as compulsory subjects & any one of given subjects, i.e. Mathematics/Biology/Biotechnology.
- Minimum Marks: Qualify above exam with atleast 45% marks (GEN/OBC category) & 40% marks (SC/ST & SEBC category).
For Diploma Course:
- Qualifying Exam: Qualify 10+2 examination from the recognized board.
- Subjects: Candidates must pass above examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with Mathematics/ Biology.
Read more about Eligibility Criteria for GUJCET.
GUJ Common Entrance Test 2020 Exam Paper Pattern
Applicants can check the Paper Pattern of GUJCET 2020 from below:
|1.||Exam Mode||The examination will be held through offline mode.|
|2.||Language||The question paper will be asked in three languages i.e. English, Hindi & Gujarati language.|
|3.||Number of Questions||From each subject, a total of 40 multiple choice questions will be asked.|
|4.||Duration||The total time duration of the examination will be 3 hours.|
|5.||Subjects||For the engineering exam, applicants have to attempt Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics sections. For the Biology exam, candidates can attempt Physics, Chemistry & Biology sections.|
|6.||Total Marks||Each section will be of 40 marks. The total question paper will carry 120 marks.|
|7.||Marking Scheme||For the correct response, one mark will be allotted to the candidate.|
|8.||Negative Marking||For the wrong response, 0.25 marks will be deducted.|
For Medical Candidates:
For Engineering candidates:
GUJCET 2020 Syllabus
- Communication and Semiconductor Electronics
- Optics and Electromagnetic Waves
- Static Electricity
- Dual Nature of Radiations and Matter, Nucleus and Atoms
- Current Electricity and its Effects
- Alternating Current and Electromagnetic Induction
- Chemical Kinetics
- p-Block Elements
- d- and f-Block Elements
- Surface Chemistry
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Alcohols, Phenol, and Ether
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Polymer Substances
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Coordination Compounds
- Nitro compounds
- Solid State
- Atomic Structure and Chemical Bonding
- Definite Integration
- Differentiation and its Applications
- Straight Lines and Family of Straight Lines
- Differential Equations
- Mineral Nutrition
- Circulation in Animals
- Excretion and Osmotic Regulation in Animals
- Growth, Regeneration, and Ageing
- Growth and Development in Plants
- Reproduction and Development in Animals
- Nervous System of Cockroach and Humans
- Animal Nutrition and Digestive System of Cockroach & Humans
- Human Endocrine System
- Organism and their Environment
- Modern Methods of Diagnosis
- Food Production
- Water Relation of Plants
- Population-Environment and Development
- Biological Resources and Biodiversity
- Natural Resources: Their Kinds of ad Sources
- Movement and Locomotion in Animal
- Immunity and Human Health
Admit Card GUJARAT Common Entrance Test 2020
- Firstly, GUJCET 2020 Admit card is available to download on Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board website.
- Applicants can download their GUJCET Admit Card on the official site using their Name or Application Number and Password.
GUJCET 2020 Answer Key
- GUJCET 2020 Answer Key will be released on 29 April 2020 by GSEB.
- Candidates can cross-check the answers from the Answer key.
- The Answer key will contain the correct answers to all the questions asked in the exam.
- Candidates can verify the number of correct and wrong answers and through the marking scheme, they will be able to get an idea of the result that they might obtain in the test.
- Aspirants will get a rough estimate of the scores in the entrance test.
GUJCET 2020 Counselling
Following are the steps for GUJCET 2020 Counselling.
- Firstly, Online Registration and fee submission.
- Then, the selection of choice by the candidates.
- Then, the first list of seat allotments for successful candidates.
- Further, offer of admission.
- Then, the second list of seat allotments for successful candidates.
- Again, offer of admission.
- Further, the third list of successful candidates.
- Finally, Offer of Admission.
The Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC) will conduct the counselling sessions for the Engineering courses. Candidates will be called for counselling and seat allotment process as per the notified schedule.
Candidates will have to submit the following certificates/documents at the time of counselling for verification:
- 12th Standard Mark Sheet
- 10th Standard Mark Sheet
- Transfer Certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- GUJCET 2019 Result
- Passport Size photographs
For Degree Engineering
|Information Booklet with PIN||up to 31 May 2019|
|Online registration and submission of the filled registration form with necessary documents at Help Centre||26 April – 31 May 2019|
|Seat Matrix||11 June 2019|
|Provisional Merit List Announcement||13 June 2019|
|Mock Round Choice Filling||13 – 19 June 2019|
|Declaration of Mock Round Result||22 June 2019|
|Final Merit List Declaration||22 June 2019|
|Final list of Institutes & Seat Matrix||22 June 2019|
|Filling and Alteration of choices by the candidates for actual Admission: First Round||22 – 02 July 2019|
|First Allotment List Declaration||05 July 2019|
|Deposition of Tuition Fees in the Bank & online generation of admission slip||05 – 09 July 2019|
|Display of vacancy after First Round||10 July 2019|
|Cancellation of Online Admission||05 – 09 July 2019|
|Consent for Reshuffling & alteration of choices if any: Second Round||10 – 12 July 2019|
|Second Allotment List Declaration||16 July 2019|
|Deposition of Tuition Fees in the Bank & online generation of admission slip||16 – 19 July 2019|
|Cancellation of Online Admission||16 – 19 July 2019|
|Display of Vacancy after Second Round||20 July 2019|
|Commencement of Academic Term||19 July 2019|
For Degree/Diploma Pharmacy
|Online Registration and submission of the filled Registration form with necessary documents at Help Centres||26 March – 31 May 2019|
|Distribution of information booklets with the PIN from designated branches of Kotak Mahindra Bank||15 April – 31 May 2019|
|Seat Matrix Finalisation||13 June 2019|
|Provisional Merit List Declaration||15 June 2019|
|Choice Filling for Mock Round||15 – 18 June 2019|
|Declaration of Mock Round Result||21 June 2019|
|Final Merit List Declaration||21 June 2019|
|Final list of Institutes & Seat Matrix||21 June 2019|
|Filling and Alteration of choices by the candidates for actual Admission: Round-1||21 – 25 June 2019|
|First Allotment List Declaration||28 June 2019|
|Deposition of Tuition Fees in the Bank & online generation of admission slip||28 June – 02 July 2019|
|Online Cancellation of Admission||28 June – 02 July 2019|
|Display of Vacancy after First Round||03 July 2019|
GUJCET 2020 for Engineering Verification of Documents
- During Counselling, candidates are advised to carry all original documents such as Counselling Letter, Admit card, Mark sheets of Class 10 and 12 along with a few photocopies of the same.
- Candidates are also suggested to carry a few passport size photographs and Category Certificate (SC/ST/OBC/PWD), if applicable.
- Further, please check the Information brochure for a comprehensive list of documents required.
Finally, “Stay Informed about EntranceZone latest updates and feature articles on GUJCET 2020.”
gujcet 2019 registration date, gujcet 2019 news, gujcet 2019 date, gujcet 2019 application form, gujcet 2019 registration date, gujcet 2019 application form date, gujcet 2019 exam date, gujcet 2019 form date, gujcet 2019 registration last date.