JEE Main 2020 Preparation is the most important step to crack the JEE Main 2020. JEE Main 2020 offers admission in various IITs, NITs, IITs and GFTIs. Candidates need to prepare well to clear the JEE Main exam. Most of the Candidates lack a clear study plan for the JEE Main preparation. A clear study plan is very important for the preparation of the JEE Main exam. Firstly, Candidates have to decide how to prepare for JEE Main 2020. A good study plan is one that incorporates exam pattern, syllabus, sample papers, mock tests, practice and much more. Candidates can get complete information regarding how to crack JEE Main 2020 with input from toppers, coaching experts and more in this article.
Upcoming Application Form
- Amity University Admissions Open Now Apply Now
- Reva University Bengaluru Admissions Open Apply Now
- Manipal Uni. 2020 Admissions Now Open Apply Now
- UPES Admissions 2020 Now Open Apply Now
- NIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Amrita University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- KIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- LPU University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Chandigarh University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
Latest: JEE Main 2020 new dates will be announced after 31 March 2020. For more details, click here.
JEE Main 2020 Preparation
The details regarding the JEE Main 2020 preparation tips are given below:
- Candidates must start their JEE Main 2020 preparation by focusing on the new JEE Main exam pattern first.
- Candidate must know the JEE Main 2020 syllabus completely.
- Make a Preparation Plan.
- Evaluate the books that are needed for JEE Main preparation.
- After knowing how to prepare, the candidate must start collecting the important JEE Main 2020 preparation resources.
- Practice the mock tests and sample/previous year papers.
- Prepare the JEE Main Exam will full preparation.
JEE Main 2020 New Exam Pattern
The details regarding the JEE Main 2020 new exam pattern are given below:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about JEE Main 2020 Preparation: Mock Test & Question Papers
- The number of questions has been decreased bu the time remains the same.
- According to experts and toppers, the difficulty of JEE Main has been dropping over the years.
|Description||Latest Pattern||Old Pattern|
|Name of the Papers||B.E/B.Tech
|Paper 1: B.E/B.Tech
Paper 2: B.Arch/B.Plan
|Number of Questions||B.E/B.Tech: 75
|Paper 1: 90
Paper 2: 82
|Paper 1: 360
paper 2: 390
|Number of Papers||3||2|
- With the introduction of the NATs, CAndidates can no more guess the answers to the questions.
|Description||Latest Pattern||Old Pattern|
|Type of Questions||MCQs and NATs||MCQs|
|Marking scheme||Correct MCQ answer: +4
Wrong MCQ answer: -1
Multiple MCQ answer: -1
Correct NVT answer: +4
Wrong NVTs answer: 0
|Correct MCQ answer: +4
Wrong MCQ answer: -1
Multiple MCQ answer: -1
How to Prepare for JEE Main 2020?
Candidates can check the JEE Main April 2020 preparation tips below:
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
- Prepare for a new approach:
- Now, after the change in exam pattern, candidates have to forget the old pattern.
- Candidates have to prepare a new approach and have to face questions where there is no guessing.
- Mock Tests:
- Candidates have to practice the JEE Main mock tests based on the new exam pattern.
- This gives the confidence to appear for the JEE Main exam.
- Analyze the score after attempting each mock tests.
- Keep tracking the sections which are taking more time.
- Know the concepts:
- The best way to crack the exam is by knowing the concepts.
- Candidate must know how to solve quickly with accuracy.
- The concepts must be clear and stronger.
- No negative marking in NATs:
- NATs have no negative marking.
- Make sure to solve them accurately to gain marks.
- These questions can be a game-changer if not attempted correctly.
- Each wrong NAT answer can cost 04 marks.
- Previous Papers for MCQs:
- MCQ questions are the old generation questions in the JEE Main.
- Solving previous papers is sufficient for this part.
- The concepts of MCQ part similar every year.
- JEE Advanced 2020 for NATs:
- Candidates can get the idea for NATs from the JEE Advanced 2020 previous year papers.
- The level of the JEE Main questions is not of the level of JEE Advanced, however, this gives basic knowledge to attempt the NATs.
- Know the important chapters:
- Candidate must study the chapters which are most important.
- The important chapters for each syllabus should be given preference.
JEE Main Syllabus – Important Chapters with Weightage
The details regarding the JEE Main 2020 syllabus and important chapters are given below:
- The JEE Main 2020 most important chapters of the exam paper have been analyzed by the experts from the papers of the last 20 years.
- The weightage with the JEE Main important topics is given below:
JEE Main 2020 Physics Topics with Weightage
- Physics and Measurement – 4% weightage
- Experimental skills – 3% weightage
- Rotational Motion – 3% weightage
- Work Energy and Power – 3% weightage
- Kinetic theory of Gases – 3% weightage
- Properties of Solids and Liquids – 5% weightage
- Kinematics – 3% weightage
- Laws of motion – 3% weightage
- Oscillations and Waves – 3% weightage
- Electrostatics – 9% weightage
- Current Electricity – 8% weightage
- Gravitation – 2% weightage
- Thermodynamics – 9% weightage
- Electromagnetic Waves – 5% weightage
- Optics- 10% weightage
- Atoms and Nuclei – 3% weightage
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating currents – 3% weightage
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism – 5% weightage
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation – 6% weightage
- Electronic devices – 14% weightage
- Communication Systems – 5% weightage
JEE Main 2020 Maths Topics with Weightage
- Sets, Relations and Functions – 5% weightage
- Permutations and combinations – 4% weightage
- Matrices and Determinants – 7% weightage
- Sequence and series – 5% weightage
- Integral Calculus – 9% weightage
- Complex numbers and quadratic equations – 7% weightage
- Binomial theorem and its simple applications – 2% weightage
- Three Dimensional Geometry – 6% weightage
- Vector Algebra – 5% weightage
- Limit, continuity and differentiability – 10% weightage
- Coordinate geometry – 15% weightage
- Trigonometry – 4% weightage
- Mathematical reasoning – 3% weightage
- Differential equations – 3% weightage
- Statistics and Probability – 8% weightage
- Mathematical Induction – 3% weightage
JEE Main 2020 Chemistry Topics with Weightage
- Some basic concepts in chemistry – 5% weightage
- Redox Reaction and Electrochemistry – 4% weightage
- Chemical kinetics – 3% weightage
- States of matter – 3% weightage
- Atomic Structure – 3% weightage
- Solutions – 5% weightage
- Chemical Thermodynamics – 4% weightage
- Equilibrium – 6% weightage
- Surface Chemistry – 1% weightage
- Hydrogen – 3% weightage
- p- Block Elements – 5% weightage
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure- 5%
- d – and f – BLOCK ELEMENTS – 4% weightage
- Coordination Compounds – 4% weightage
- Environmental Chemistry – 3% weightage
- General Principle and process of Isolation of metals – 2% weightage
- Classification of Elements and Periodic table – 3% weightage
- S – Block Elements Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals – 1% weightage
- Purification and Characterisation of Organic Compounds -s 3% weightage
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry – 3% weightage
- Organic Compounds containing Oxygen – 6% weightage
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen – 1% weightage
- Polymers – 3% weightage
- Hydrocarbons – 3% weightage
- Organic Compounds containing Halogens – 2% weightage
- Biomolecules – 3% weightage
- Chemistry in Everyday Life – 4% weightage
- Principles Related to Practical Chemistry – 3% weightage
JEE Main 2020 Preparation Guidelines
The guidelines to prepare for JEE Main preparation guidelines are given below:
- Candidates may give equal weightage to all important JEE Main topics.
- It is advised to distribute the time according to the importance.
- Candidates should give more time to difficult topics and less time to the easy ones that you just need to revise.
- Candidates may ensure that they schedule the revision time in their plan.
JEE Main 2020 Best Books
The details regarding the JEE Main 2020 books are given below:
- Candidates can start their preparation for JEE Main 2020 by studying the NCERT books of class 11 and class 12.
- Though NCET books are good but it is advised to move to the specialized books for the JEE Main exam.
- Candidates may practice the exercises given at the end of the chapters and go through the in-depth knowledge that is necessary to crack the JEE Main 2020 exam.
JEE Main 2020 Best books for preparation of the exam are given below:
Best Books for Physics
|Concepts of physics (Vol. 1 and 2) by H.C Verma|
|Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick & Walker|
|Understanding Physics by DC Pandey (Arihant Publications): Set of books for|
|Problems in General Physics by I.E Irodov|
|Understanding physics by Freedman and Young|
|Problems in Physics by SS Krotov|
|Problems and Solutions of Physics by Shashi Tiwari|
Best Books for Chemistry
|NCERT Textbooks (for Class XI and XII )|
|Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by R.C. Mukherjee|
|Organic Chemistry by O P Tandon|
|Concept of Physical Chemistry by P Bahadur|
|Concise Inorganic Chemistry by JD Lee|
|Physical Chemistry by P.W. Atkins|
|Organic Chemistry by Morrison & Boyd|
Best Books for Mathematics
|Objective Mathematics by R D Sharma|
|Plane Trigonometry by S L Loney|
|Elements Of Co-ordinate Geometry by SL Loney|
|Algebra by Dr S K Goyal Arihant Publications|
|Play with Graphs by Amit M Agarwal (Arihant Publications)|
|Differential Calculus by Amit M Agarwal (Arihant Publications)
Integral Calculus by Amit M Agarwal (Arihant Publications)
|Complete Mathematics for JEE Main TMH|
JEE Main 2020 Sample Papers
Candidates may solve the JEE Main 2020 sample papers to get the complete idea of the status of the preparation. Candidates can easily evaluate themselves by solving various sample papers. JEE Main is not as easy exam and candidates have to prepare every topic with accuracy and hence it is necessary to solve the JEE Main sample papers.
Tips for JEE Main 2020 Exam Day
The exam day tips to crack the JEE Main 2020 are given below:
- The candidate may find the exam centre a day before to check the location of the JEE Main exam centre.
- Candidate may Keep the exam kit (hall ticket/admit card, Photo ID, pen, etc) ready one day before the JEE Main exam to avoid forgetting them.
- Also, the candidate may ensure that he/she gets a proper sleep before the JEE Main exam day.
- At last, It is advised to not take stress about the JEE Main 2020 result at the time of giving the exam.
JEE Main 2020 Preparation is the key to a good result in the entrance exam. Candidates have to prepare well to reach the goal of a good rank in the JEE main exam. Candidates may follow the above-mentioned tips and tricks on how to prepare for the JEE Main 2020 exam for a good result with a good rank and study at campuses of the prestigious institutes such as IITs, NIT, IIITs or GFTI.
JEE Main 2020
The details that should be known before preparation are mentioned below:
- JEE Main 2020 will be held twice in a year i.e January (completed) and April.
- National Testing Agency(NTA) conducts the test in online mode i.e( computer-based test)
- It offers admissions into 31 NITs, 25 IIITs, 28 GFTIs and other prestigious universities.
- The JEE Main 2020 application form releases in online mode.
- JEE Main exam will be held in multiple sessions in around 233 cities in India and 9 cities abroad.
- As per the analysis, around 11,47,125 candidates appeared for JEE Main 2019 exam.
- Also, Around 8,74,469 candidates appeared for the January 2020 session and 8,81,096 candidates appeared for the JEE Main 2020 April session.
Official website: www.jeemain.nta.nic.in
how to prepare for jee mains Quora ,how to prepare for jee mains at home, jee main preparation time table, how to prepare for jee mains in 6 months ,how to prepare for jee mains in 1 month, how to prepare for jee mains in 3 months ,how to score 250+ in jee mains 2020 ,mock test for jee mains.