JEE Main is one of the most important examinations in India with around 1.3 million aspirants every year. Candidates preparing for JEE Main generally find Mathematics to be the toughest of the three. Cutoff scores for mathematics are generally the lowest. Candidates need to have a thorough knowledge of all the concepts to solve the questions in JEE Main 2020 Mathematics. Questions in JEE Main are generally the implementation of two or three concepts from NCERT’s. JEE Main 2020 Exam will occur in January and April 2020. Candidates may find the following article helps to prepare for JEE Main 2020 Mathematics.
Upcoming Application Form
- Amity University Admissions Open Now Apply Now
- Reva University Bengaluru Admissions Open Apply Now
- Manipal Uni. 2020 Admissions Now Open Apply Now
- UPES Admissions 2020 Now Open Apply Now
- NIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Amrita University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- KIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- LPU University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Chandigarh University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
Latest Update: NTA has released the JEE Main Admit Card from 06 December 2019.
JEE Main 2020 Mathematics
NCERT is the most important resource for preparing for JEE Main 2020 Mathematics. Aspirants should solve each and every question in the textbook properly and understand all the concepts. Apart from NCERT, Candidates can refer to some of the following books for a better understanding of some concepts.
|RD Sharma||Overall Reference|
|Higher Algebra by Hall & Knight||Algebra|
|Coordinate Geometry by S. L. Loney||Coordinate Geometry|
|I. A. Maron||Calculus|
|Trigonometry by S .L. Loney||Trigonometry|
Some of the most popular coaching institutes in the country follow these books for students preparing for JEE Main 2020 Mathematics. Candidates can refer to these books in case they need detailed understanding or more problems to solve from some concepts.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about How to prepare JEE Main 2020 Mathematics?
Note: The aspirants should solve NCERT properly. EACH AND EVERY question is important. Generally, the questions in JEE Main are a direct implementation of two-three concepts.
Topic Wise Preparation for JEE Main Mathematics 2020
Candidates should solve previous years question paper and analyze their performance.
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
- There are some topics from which questions are more frequently such as Calculus and Coordinate Geometry. Candidates should take note of such topics and give them more time than others.
- Candidates should search for the topics they are weak in. They should give more time to such topics in order to enhance their understanding of the same.
According to Ramesh Batlish, FITJEE (Centre Head), the following are some of the most important topics in Mathematics.
|Coordinate Geometry||Straight Line|
|Calculus||Limit, Continuity, and Differentiability|
|Application of Derivatives|
|Definite Integral Calculus|
Mathematics in JEE Main 2020 – Paper Evaluation
- Mathematics was harder as compared to Physics and Chemistry in JEE Main 2020. Ramesh Batlish from FITJEE said that it was an overall balanced paper.
- A number of questions were asked from class 11th syllabus as compared to class 12th. Thus the candidates should give equal importance to both the years and prepare accordingly.
- 67% of the questions in Mathematics was considered to be of medium difficulty and 33% were hard. There were some difficult questions as reported by FITJEE Students.
- Thoroughly prepare from NCERT Mathematics.
- Use Reference Books when needed.
- Solve previous year’s question paper.
- Give more importance to frequently asked topics.
The official website of JEE Main 2020 is https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/webinfo/public/home.aspx
Read more about Joint Entrance Examination Details
|JEE Advanced Application||Answer Keys|
For more details regarding JEE Main 2020, Candidates can visit EntranceZone.Com.