Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission (TNEA) 2020 is conducted every year by Anna University. Candidates can take admission in Engineering courses in colleges throughout the state. Henceforth, the candidate should match the Eligibility criteria for admission in various colleges of Tamil Nadu state. The University does not conduct any Entrance Examination for Admission. Admission is totally based on the performance of class 12th Board Examination. In this article, we are providing information about TNEA 2020- Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions. Aspiring candidates should go through the article for all the information.
About Tamil Nadu (TNEA)
|Name of the Examination||TNEA|
|Exam Conducting Body||Anna University|
|Colleges||Engineering Colleges throughout the state|
TNEA 2020 Important Dates
Official dates for filling application forms will be announced by the University.
|Application form available||02 May 2020|
|Application Form last date||31 May 2020|
|Allotting of random number||03 June 2020|
|Original Certificates verification at TFC’s||06 – 11 June 2020|
|Releasing of rank list||20 June 2020|
|Counselling for Special Reservation||20 – 22 June 2020|
|Commencement of Counseling||03 – 28 July 2020|
|Supplementary Counseling (In Person)||29 July 2020|
|End of counselling||30 July 2020|
TNEA 2020 Application Form
- TNEA 2020 Application Form has been available through online mode only.
- The candidates can get the Application form from the official website of Anna University.
- TNEA Login Application form has been available from the 02 May 2020.
- Candidates have to fill only 1 Application form to apply for various courses/ Universities/ Colleges.
- Candidates must send the filled-in application form along with enclosures to the given address below:
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions
How to Apply for TNEA
Here we have provided a detailed procedure to fill the TNEA 2020 Application form:
- Visit the Anna University Official website.
- And, read the guidelines for Registration and click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Then, click on ‘New User Registration’.
- Enter all the mandatory Registration details and click on ‘Register’.
- Now, enter your Email ID and Password and click on ‘Login’ button.
- Afterwards, Fill your Personal, Academic and other required details in the Application form.
- Click on the ‘Save & Continue to Pay’ option.
- Review the Application form and click on ‘Generate Application TNEA 2020′.
- Take a Print Out of the Application and send it along with required documents in person or through the post to the address mentioned above.
Documents to enclose with the Application Form
- Class 10 & 12 Marksheet.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Permanent community certificate.
- HSC/12 class Hall ticket.
- Nativity Certificate only in electronic form/digitally signed e-certificate (if applicable).
- First Graduate certificate and first Graduate joint declaration.
- Sri Lankan Tamil refugee certificate.
- Documents proof of army personnel.
|General category||Rs. 500/-|
|SC/ ST/ SCA category of Tamil Nadu||Rs. 250/-|
|Each special Reservation category (Children of Ex-Servicemen and PwD)||Rs. 100/- (additional)|
TNEA Eligibility Criteria
|Marine Engineering Branch||
TNEA Cut off marks 2020
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA)-2020 cut off usually decided before the commencement of exam. For more clarity refer to the table given below:
Important Exam Update
- Updates Regarding JEE Main 2020
|Reserved Category||Aggregate Percentage|
|General or Unreserved||50%|
|Backwards and Muslims||45%|
|MBC & DNC||40%|
TNEA Rank List 2020
- A common merit list will be prepared by the University.
- On the basis of the Merit List, Counselling will be conducted.
- Candidates can check the Rank list form the website.
- TNEA rank list 2020 will be released tentatively in the Fourth week of June 2020.
- The Merit List will be prepared after receiving the Application form from the candidates.
- On the basis of the marks submitted by the candidates, the merit list will be prepared by the Authority.
- A unique random number will be allotted to the candidates to participate in the counselling.
TNEA Random Number
- This is a very unique feature of TNEA.
- After the Registration Procedure ends, all the candidates must get their random numbers from the official TNEA 2020 portal.
- This random number will be used while preparing the merit list.
- This is very helpful for a tie-break.
- If a tie exists, the highest value of the Random No. will be used to break the tie.
E-Call Letter 2020
- An e-call letter contains the date, time & Address of the TFC for original document verification and is available in TNEA Portal.
- Candidates will also receive Mail and SMS to keep a track for their call letter.
- Candidates must visit the TFC’s as scheduled on the call letter.
TNEA 2020 Counselling Process & Seat Allotment
- The TNEA counselling process includes the selection of the candidate for the colleges enrolled in a specified test or admission.
- A candidate will get a call letter for the Counselling process based on the Merit list declared by the Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission 2020.
- It will be declared only after the class 12 Board result.
- The inception of this process will take place in the month of July only.
TNEA Counselling schedule
|Rounds||Round 1||Round 2||Round 3||Round 4||Round 5|
|Aggregate Mark Range Up to||190||175||150||125||All Remaining Eligible Candidate|
|Initial Payments||21 – 24 July 2020||25 – 29 July 2020||30 July – 03 August 2020||04 – 08 August 2020||August 2020|
|Add & Locking of Choices
|25 – 27 July 2020 (5 PM)||30 July to 01 August 2020 (5 PM)||04 – 06 August 2020 (5 PM)||09 – 11 August 2020 (5 PM)||August 2020|
|Publication of Tentative Allotment||28 July 2020||02 August 2020||07 August 2020||12 August 2020||August 2020|
|Confirmation of Tentative Allotment||28 – 29 July 2020 (5 PM)||02 – 03 August 2020 (5 PM)||07 – 08 August 2020 (5 PM)||12 – 13 August 2020 (5 PM)||August 2020|
|Final Allotment Publication||30 July 2020||04 August 2020||09 August 2020||14 August 2020||August 2020|
|Reporting for Admission||03 August 2020||08 August 2020||13 August 2020||20 August 2020||August 2020|
TNEA 2020 – Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission Documents
For this the Candidate should be ready with these following required documents:
- Class 10 mark sheet and respective certificate(i.e., passing out certificate)
- Class 12 mark sheet and respective certificate(i.e., passing out certificate)
- Domicile Certificate
- Identity Proof (like Aadhar card, voter id, pan card, driving license passport etc)
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Six passport size photographs
Aspirants for the same can seek the official website as well: www.tnea.in.net
TNEA Admission 2020
TNEA Admission process will be held after the completion of the counselling round. Aspirants have to report to the institution allotted to them on the prescribed date along with the provisional admission letter.
For getting final admission, the aspirants have to carry along their original documents for verification at admission time. Students will also have to pay the fee of the course at the time of admission.
TNEA 2020 Entrance Highlights
Name of Examination
|Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions|
Commonly Known As
|Conducting Body||Anna University|
|Admissions in Engineering|
Stay tuned to Entrancezone for all the updates regarding TNEA 2020.