VITEEE 2020 Paper Pattern has been released by Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT University) for applicants, who will participate in the Engineering Entrance Examination, exclusively organised by VIT. Also, this National level Common Entrance Exam for Engineering students will be held in 2nd or 3rd Week of April 2020. Therefore, candidates should be familiar with the Pattern of VITEEE questions. VITEEE 2020 Question paper will only be in English and questions will be generally from the Central Board of Secondary Education and the State Board of Higher Secondary Education syllabus as of now. So, aspirants can check VITEEE 2020 Paper Pattern on this page. The Candidates are requested to give utmost attention during VITEEE Question paper selection (PCME / PCBE). Also, Read complete information about VITEEE 2020 Here.
Selection of VITEEE Question Paper
Candidates are requested to give utmost attention during VITEEE Question paper selection (PCME / PCBE).
- PCME – Candidates appearing in PCME (Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics/English) are eligible for all the B.Tech. Degree programmes, as per the VITEEE ranking.
- PCBE – Applicants appearing in PCBE (Physics/Chemistry/Biology/English) are eligible only for B.Tech. Bio-stream Degree programmes (Bio-engineering, Biotechnology, CSE with special in Bioinformatics and ECE with special in Biomedical Engineering programmes), as per the VITEEE ranking. But after joining, registering for Mathematics as bridge course is mandatory.
VITEEE 2020 Examination Pattern
Moreover, Multiple-Choice Questions will be asked in VITEEE 2020. So, the paper pattern for the four subjects is below:
VITEEE 2020 Paper Pattern
- Firstly, applicants have to choose between Mathematics and Biology.
- Also, the combination of the given subjects must be chosen at the time of slot booking.
- Applicants who will choose Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry, will be eligible for all B.Tech Programs offered at the VIT college.
- Further, candidates who chose Physics, Chemistry and Biology are eligible for B.Tech., Bio-Medical Engineering, Biotechnology and Computer Science and Engineering (specialisation in Bioinformatics) programs only.
- However, all questions will be of objective type. Also, one of the four options will hold the right answer.
- The duration of the entrance exam will be 2 hours and 30 minutes.
VITEEE Paper Pattern Marking Scheme 2020
Thus, a total of 40 questions will be given for Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Also, 5 questions for the English section. Then, every question has one marks allotted to them. But, among all these, a total of 125 questions will be given in the exam and the exam will have 125 marks in total. So, an elaborate table is below which describes the VITEEE Paper pattern 2020 for the student’s convenience.
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
VITEEE Paper Pattern 2020 Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Candidates will sit in front of a computer and the questions will be available on the computer screen.
- The PC will be connected to a secure server, which will send encoded test progress through a protected and safe system.
- Students will have the option to explore independently through the question, i.e. forward and backwards in VITEEE 2020.
Programs Offered By Vellore College
VIT University has 2 campuses situated in Chennai and Vellore. Below is the list of B.Tech course offered in these colleges:
|Computer Science and Engg. (Spec. in Bioinformatics)|
|Computer Science and Engg. (Spec. in Information Security)|
|B.Sc. Computer Science|
|Mechanical Engg. (Spec. in Energy Engg.)|
|B.Tech in Mechanical Engg. (Spec. in Automotive Engg.)|
|Production and Industrial Engg.|
|Electronics and Instrumentation Engg.|
|Electronics and Communication Engg. with Spec in an Internet of Things and Sensor|
|Vellore & Chennai Campus|
|Computer Science and Engg.|
|Electrical and Electronics Engg.|
|Electronics and Communication Engg.|
|School of Mechanical Engg. (SMEC)|
|School of Information Technology and Engg. (SITE)|
|School of Electronics Engg. (SENSE)|
|School of Electrical Engg.(SELECT)|
|School of Computer Engg. (SCOPE)|
|School of Civil and Chemical Engg. (SCALE)|
|School of Bioscience and Technology (SBST)|
Pattern of VITEEE Questions
All Questions will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ).
Important Exam Update
- Updates Regarding JEE Main 2020
- Part 1 Physics
- Part 2 Chemistry
- Part 3 Mathematics / Biology
- Part 4 English
- PCME (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English) – 120 questions (Each 40 questions) & English 5 questions = Total 125 questions.
- PCBE (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English) – 120 questions ( Each 40 questions) & English 5 questions = Total 125 questions.
- No Negative marks for wrong answers
The official website of VIT University is http://www.vit.ac.in/
Stay tuned for syllabus updates by VIT, Vellore.