WBJEE 2019 Exam Pattern: The pattern of Question Papers in WBJEE-2019 is published in Information Bulletin released by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board and Questions will be based on the Syllabus for West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE 2019). WBJEE is an entrance examination which takes place every year for the Engineering as well as Medical aspirants. It is a means of getting admission in some of the prestigious private as well as government institutes of West Bengal. Also, it occurs in the offline mode and is usually a pen and paper mode exam. WBJEE exam pattern is comprised of 3 Sections i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. WBJEE will be conducted on 22 April 2019. There will be two slots in one day where Physics and Chemistry will be held in first slot and Mathematics will be held in the second slot.
Upcoming Application Form
- JEE Main January Session 2019 by National Testing Agency Check Here
- Manipal University B.Tech Admission Open Apply Here
- Manipal University All Courses Admission Open Apply Here
- Amrita University B.Tech. Admissions Open 2019 Apply Here
- SRM B.Tech Admissions Open Apply Here
- UPES B. Tech Admissions Open for 2019 Apply Here
- LPU B. Tech Admissions Open for 2019 Apply Here
WBJEEB conducts this Common Entrance Examination for admission to Undergraduate Courses in Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy and Architecture Courses in Government as well as Private colleges of West Bengal.
WBJEE 2019 Exam Pattern Highlights
Every year, before the examination is conducted, an exam pattern is released by the examination board for the candidates taking the exam and all the candidates are advised to follow it as well as the pattern is bound to give an insight to the candidate as to how will the exam be conducted under what guidelines and which is the best way to score well on it.
|WBJEE 2019 Exam Date||22 April 2019|
|Exam Slots||Paper-1 (Mathematics) – (11:00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.)
Paper-2 (Physics & Chemistry) – (2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
|Language of paper||English & Bengali|
|Mode of examination||Offline|
|Total marks||200 marks|
|Sections||3 (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)|
* There is negative marking for the incorrect answers as well.
Subject wise Marks Distribution:
There are three categories in the examination. Biology exam carries a weightage of 150 marks whereas mathematics and physics carry 100 marks each. The exam pattern is below for the candidates:
|Biology||80X1 mark||25X2 marks||10X2 marks||115||150|
|Physics and Chemistry||30X1 mark
|Mathematics||50X1 mark||15X2 marks||10X2marks||75||100|
The examination will take place for three hours and the mode of language will be English.
Further details regarding the categories are as follows
- In category 1:
- only one option will be the correct answer to a, particularly given the question.
- For every correct answer, the candidate will get 1 mark and for every incorrect answer, the candidate will lose the ¼ mark.
- In category 2:
- one of the options will be correct, the candidate will score 2 marks for every correct answer and every incorrect answer will result in the deduction of ½ mark.
- In category 3:
- more than one option can be correct and the candidate will get 2 marks for every correct answer. But, in addition to this, in category 3, the marks are according to the (2X number of correct answers).
Rules of the WBJEE Examination
The guidelines for common entrance exam is published by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board are as follows.
Take into consideration the examination pattern given to score well. And also go through the syllabus of WBJEE examination to prepare well.
Finally, “Stay tuned with EntranceZone to keep getting updates regarding WBJEE 2019 Exam Pattern.”