Cyber Security course is the branch of Information Technology. This deals with the protection of any system from the virus, spam, tracking and stealing information through the internet. Cyber Security is the study of cyber harms and threads of technical, personal and financial information. The candidate can read the complete article to know more about the cyber-security course eligibility criteria, admission, specifications etc.
What is Cyber Security?
Cybersecurity is the practice of defending computers, servers, mobile devices, electronic systems, networks, and data from malicious attacks. It’s also known as information technology security or electronic information security. The term applies in a variety of contexts, from business to mobile computing, and can be divided into a few common categories.
Popular Cyber Security Course List
The candidates can check the popular course:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about Cyber Security Course Details: Eligibility Criteria, Admission Process - Admissions
- B.Tech (with CSE, CSIT or IT)
- B.E (in Information Technology IT)
- B.Sc (in Information Technology IT or Cyber Security)
- UG& PG Diploma
To get admission, the candidate can choose the offered courses of cyber-security.
Cyber Security Course Specification
The candidate can check all the cyber-security course specifications which are given in the list below:
- IT Management & Cyber Security
- Computer Science with Cyber Security and Quick Heal
- Computer Science with Cyber Security & Forensics
- Information security with IBM
- Computer Science with Networking and Cyber Security
- Computer Science with Cyber Expert Investigator
- Cyber Expert and Investigator
- Information System Auditor
- Information System Management
- Information Systems Security Professional
- Certified Systems Engineering
- Security Professional
What is the Eligibility Criteria for Cyber Security Course?
The candidate must fulfil all the Cyber Security eligibility criteria to apply for admission. The candidates can check all the required eligibility criteria for the cyber-security course which are given in the list below:
For B.Tech/ B.E/ B.Sc
- Must be completed the 12th level examination to apply for admission in cyber-security
- Applicants must be passed with 60% minimum marks with PCM as the main subject
- Required qualifying education should be completed from the recognised board/ institute
- Applicants should be obtained an acceptable rank and marks in JEE mains entrance examination to get admission form B.Tech/B.E.
For M.Tech/ M.E
- Applicants must be the holder of the bachelor’s degree of B.Tech/B.E course or any other equivalent technical examination degree to be eligible for admission in cyber-security
- Must be Passed with at least 55% in the graduation examinations
- The applicant’s graduation must be completed from the recognised university/college
- Candidates must have scored the acceptable rank and marks in the GATE entrance examination
For UG & PG Diploma
- The candidate can pursue the diploma through both the Undergraduate and Postgraduate Level.
- The candidate must complete the graduation or master’s degree examination to pursue the diploma courses.
Cyber Security Course Duration
The candidate can check here the course time and duration which is given in the table below:
|UG & PG Diploma||10 months to 1 year|
What is the Admission Procedure for Cyber Security Course?
The candidates can check the admission process:
- The candidate will be selected on the basis of marks obtained in the All India entrance test like JEE Mains and GATE or the candidate will be selected after the entrance examination conducted by universities itself.
- The admission will be based on the merit list and entrance examination.
- To get admission in the cyber-security course it is compulsory for all the candidates to qualify the entrance test and JEE mains or GATE at least with the required marks.
- The selected candidates will have to attend the counselling session and documents verification session before the final admission procedure.
Here are all required documents are listed which will be verified at the time of admission are given in the list below:
- Candidate’s Passport size photographs
- ID proof (like Aadhar Card, PAN card etc)
- 10th and 12th marks sheets
- Graduation degree and marks sheets
- Postgraduation degree and marks sheets
- Admit card and Scorecard of JEE mains. GATE or any other competitive entrance examination.
Cyber Security Course Application Procedure
The application process can be different for all the colleges and universities. There is an application procedure for cyber-security courses which are given in the list below:
- The candidate can apply through an online and offline mode application form that depends on the colleges and universities how they will release the application forms.
- The candidate must fulfil all the eligibility criteria to apply for admission of a cyber-security course.
- The application must fill the form complete with the right and asked information in the application form.
- The candidate have to fill the listed details in the application form which are given below:
- Personal details
- Contact Details
- Qualification Details
- The candidate must have some documents to fill the information in the application form which are:
- Candidate’s Passport Size Photograph
- Thumb Impression
- 10th and 12th standard marks sheets
- Diploma Certificate
- Graduation Degree and Marks sheet
- Post Graduation Degree and Marks Sheet
- If any candidate didn’t fill the form correctly and completed then that candidate’s application form will not be accepted by the admission authority.
Colleges/ Universities Offering Cyber Security Courses
The applicants can check those colleges and universities who offer cyber-security course in India which is given in the list below:
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Allahabad
- Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Guwahati
The candidate can apply in the above-listed colleges and universities to get admission for the cyber-security courses.
Cyber Security Jobs
The candidates can check the top jobs:
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Security Auditor
- Penetration Testes
- Security Manager
- Vulnerability Accessor
- Security Administration
- Security Consultant
- Incident Responder
- Security Software Developer
- Security Architect
- Security Engineer
- Forensic Expert
- Security Analyst
- Security Code Auditor
- Security Specialist
- Network security
- Application security
Cyber Security Course Highlights
The candidates can check the highlights for the Course:
|Branch Name||Cyber Security|
|Popular Courses||B.Tech/B.E/B.Sc, M.Tech/M.E, Diploma UG & PG|
|Basic Selection Criteria||Entrance Test Based/Merit Based|
About Cyber Security Course
Cyber-security course is a branch of information technology. This course deals with the security function for the system which use to protect the systems form any kind of hacking, spams, tracking by any other system through the internet. This is a profession that evolving over the years and the reason being the increasing rate of cyber-crimes in all over the world. The candidate must be passed the 12th standard as the minimum qualifications to apply for such courses.