DUET 2020 or Delhi University Entrance Test 2020 registration has been postponed by NTA (National Testing Agency). University of Delhi or popular as Delhi University is one of the finest Educational Universities in India. Also, with over 25 Engineering colleges in Delhi making it a decent education hub of the country. DU Engineering 2020, the University of Delhi offers a wide variety of courses in undergraduate and postgraduate and doctorate classes in the field of science, commerce, medicine, engineering, law, journalism etc. Candidates may read the whole article for complete details regarding the DUET 2020 exam.
Upcoming Application Form
- Amity University Admissions Open Now Apply Now
- Reva University Bengaluru Admissions Open Apply Now
- Manipal Uni. 2020 Admissions Now Open Apply Now
- UPES Admissions 2020 Now Open Apply Now
- NIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Amrita University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- KIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- LPU University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Chandigarh University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- DUET 2020 Registration has been postponed by the authority due to COVID-19.
DUET 2020 Important Dates
The important dates of the DU engineering exam are given in the table below:
|Application Form available||Postponed|
|DU B.Tech last date||Postponed|
|Announcement of Results||25 June 2020|
The dates will be updated soon by the authority on the official website.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about DU Engineering 2020: Delhi University Application Form(Postponed)
DU Engineering 2020 Application Form
The details regarding the DUET Application form are given below:
- Firstly, the application form will be available in online mode.
- Candidates will be able to download the application form through the official website.
- DU entrance exam 2020 for B.Tech courses is a common one for all the B.Tech branches and applicable to all the colleges under Delhi University.
- There is no separate application form for minority groups like SC/ST or OBC students.
- In case candidates fill multiple application forms, the University will reject incomplete forms.
- For merit-based courses, students can apply for as many courses as they want. Moreover, no extra fee will be charged.
DU Engineering Application Fee
The details regarding the DUET application fee are given below:
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
|UG entrance based/ PG Courses||Rs. 500/- for General/OBC/Minorities and Rs. 250/- for SC/ST/PwD|
|UG Merit Based Courses||Rs. 150 for General/OBC and Rs. 100 for sports/ECA and Rs. 75/- for SC/ST/PwD|
- Aspirants can pay the application fee through online mode via:
- Credit Card
- Debit cards
- Moreover, Candidates may note that the application fee is non-refundable.
DU Engineering Eligibility Criteria 2020
The details regarding the DUET eligibility criteria are given below:
- For admission in Computer science, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics, Civil Engineering, Information Technology branches:
- Candidate must score a minimum of 60% marks in mathematics.
- Also, 55% aggregate in all appearing subjects of class 12th or any equivalent qualifying examination.
- For electronics and communication and telecommunication Engineering branches:
- Candidate must have a minimum 55% aggregate marks to fulfil the eligibility.
- Food technology Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, and Polymer Science Engineering.
- 55% aggregate in PCM and at least 50 % in the English language for admissions
- For admissions in Aeronautical Engineering:
- Candidate must have an aggregate of 50% is necessary for class 12 / equivalent examination by any Board in India.
- For Psychological science branches:
- Candidate must have a minimum aggregate of 45% is a must in class 12 to meet the eligibility.
- Category wise eligibility Criteria:
- Category wise eligibility has been available by the University is 54 % for OBC category, 45% for PWD.
- Students who belong to SC/ST category must ensure they qualify/pass the qualifying examination with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
DU Exam Pattern 2020
The details regarding the DUET Exam pattern are given below:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted in online mode.
- Duration: The duration of the exam will be of total 2 hours.
- Type of Questions: The exam paper will contain Multiple-choice questions(MCQs) except for language-based courses.
- Number of Questions: There will be total of 100 questions in the exam
- Language: The exam will be conducted in English and Hindi Language.
- Marking Scheme:
- For every correct answer, Four (04) marks will be awarded.
- For every incorrect answer, One (-1) mark will be deducted.
DU Admit Card 2020
The details regarding the DUET admit card is given below:
- DUET admit card will be released through online mode.
- The admit card will be released in the last week of June 2020.
- Candidates will need to enter the login id and password to download the admit card.
- The admit card will contain details such as candidates name, signature, exam date, exam venue, day of the exam, exam centre, course opted etc.
- Candidates must take clear printouts of the admit cards as they will include roll no., exam centre, date and time etc.
- Along with the admit card, candidates will also have to carry one photo identity proof like Aadhaar card, PAN card, Passport etc.
The details regarding the DUET 2020 result are listed below:
- DU Engineering result will be declared in June 2020.
- The result will release in online mode.
- Candidates will be able to download the result from the official website.
- Candidates will need to enter the login id and password to check the result.
- It is advised to take a printout of the result and keep it safe for further process.
DU Engineering 2020 Cutoff
The details regarding the DUET Cutoff are given below:
- Delhi University will release the cutoff marks for various courses.
- The cutoff list will contain the cut off marks which are the minimum marks for getting the admission.
- The cutoff list will be prepared on the basis of various factors such as:
- Marks secured in qualifying exam
- The number of seats available.
- No. of candidates applying for the exam.
- Previous year cutoff marks
Documents Required for DUET 2020
Important documents required during DU Engineering 2020 Registration:
- Class 10 Marks sheet (original and 3 copies)
- HSC passing certificate issued by the board of conducting an examination.
- Class 12 original mark sheet along with 3 copies
- SSC passing certificate (if issued)
- Migration Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Character certificate
- SC/ST Certificate (in students name) issued by the responsible authority
- OBC Non-creamy certificate ( if applicable)
- Two recent passport size photographs
Delhi University Engineering Admission Process 2020
The details regarding the admission process of DUET 2020 exam are given below:
- Admissions to Delhi University in B.Tech courses are purely based on a candidate’s performance in JEE Main 2020 and marks scored in Class 12th or any equivalent board examination.
- Based on the score in JEE Main 2020 and candidates marks in Class 12th, a separate Delhi University rank list will be published by the University and the admission process will be taken place according to these rank list.
- Rank list will be published only for those candidates who fulfil their eligibility in terms of age and marks for different Engineering branches.
- The admissions to specific courses will be preceded by the registration process.
- Then, the candidate will be called to the University for the Registration cum document verification process.
- The candidate must carry their relevant or original documents to prove their eligibility and caste certificates to enjoy caste benefits in the fee.
Further, students can visit to know entire details of JEE Main appearing exam including details of syllabus, of examination pattern etc.
Read more about DU Joint Admission Test Here.
Reservations in Delhi University
Further, a certain percentage of seats in all courses in Delhi University is vacant for students belonging to minority communities as per Government of India guidelines. The details regarding the reservation criteria are given below:
- For scheduled caste students, 15% of the total seats are vacant.
- For the scheduled tribe (ST), it is 7.5 %.
- Reservation is 27% for other backward classes (OBC)
- Reservation is 3% for PWD.
- 5% of total seats are vacant each for Kashmiri migrants, sports quota, ward off defence persons, and NRI students
- Reservation is 3 % for girl students.
NOTE: Candidates cannot be eligible for more than one category of reservations and the original/relevant supporting documents must be provided during registration and document verification process. If the candidate fails to provide relevant documents to prove their respective category, then the admission will be considered in General Merit category only.
Delhi University B.Tech 2020 Cutoff
Finally, the category wise cutoff for different Engineering branches in different colleges affiliated to Delhi University will be officially published by the officials on the respective website of the university.
(Without any pre-code)
(9 a.m – 5 p.m)
(Monday to Friday)
Best Engineering Colleges in Delhi
University Engineering Department
Faculty of Technology: C/o Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, Azad Hind Fauj Marg, Sector 3, Dwarka, New Delhi 110078.
Dean(FoT): Prof. Sachin Maheshwari
List of Delhi University Departments Here.
Moreover, “Stay Informed about EntranceZone latest updates and feature articles on DU Engineering 2020.”
delhi university pg admission 2019, du entrance exam syllabus, du engineering entrance exam 2018, du btech entrance exam 2019, btech in du 2018, du admission 2019, delhi engineering entrance exam 2020, du admission form 2019.