GATE 2019: Firstly the GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is an auspicious examination that every aspirant, who wants to do post-graduation in Engineering, applies. Also, qualifying the examination is the first step to admission in NITs and IITs. But their admissions to these prestigious universities is completely based on the cutoff marks of individual colleges. So, knowing about the GATE 2019 Examination is important. GATE 2019 Registration is open from 01 September and the deadline extended to fill the application form is 01 October 2018.
Upcoming Application Form
- JEE Main January Session 2019 by National Testing Agency Check Here
- Manipal University B.Tech Admission Open Apply Here
- Manipal University All Courses Admission Open Apply Here
- Amrita University B.Tech. Admissions Open 2019 Apply Here
- SRM B.Tech Admissions Open Apply Here
- UPES B. Tech Admissions Open for 2019 Apply Here
- LPU B. Tech Admissions Open for 2019 Apply Here
GATE 2019 Latest Update: What is new in GATE 2019?
- Candidates can change examination city till 16 November 2018.
- IIT Madras has released the list of duplicate and rejected candidates GATE 2019. Click here to check Duplicate List. Click here to check Rejected List.
- Candidates are requested to attend the defects marked on GATE 2019 online application form immediately. The last date for correcting the forms is 25 October 2018.
- IIM Madras publishes the wrong date on GATE 2019, GATE 2019 Application Portal is open. The last date for submission of the complete application is 1st October 2018 (23:59 Hrs, IST).
- GATE 2019 application correction window is open from 27 September, make changes @ gate.iitm.ac.in.
- Please complete the application process including payment before September 22, 2018 (Saturday). During the extended period, between September 23, 2018 (Sunday) and October 1, 2018 (Monday): there is an increase in the application fee.
- IIT Madras is going to organise GATE 2019.
- GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) is now open and receiving applications for 2019 examination.
- The dates of examination are 2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10th February 2019.
- Examination for all the papers will be Computer Based Tests (CBT).
- New: A new paper Statistics (ST) is added in GATE 2019 Syllabus.
Important Information regarding the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
Exam Conducting Body: The Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and the seven Indian Institutes of Technology (at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, and Roorkee).
Organizing Institute for GATE 2019: IIT Madras
Examination Name: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).
The stipend for GATE qualified: In India stipend of 12400/-for masters program are given to GATE qualified students.
Courses & Scholarship: GATE is a necessary requirement for admission seekers who are seeking admission and financial assistance supported by the MHRD and other Government agencies.
Following are the programs are under this examination:
(i) Master’s programs and direct PhD in Architecture/Engineering/Technology.
(ii) Doctoral (PhD) programs in relevant branches of Science. Even many colleges and institutions the GATE qualification is mandatory for admission. which may not be supported by MHRD scholarship/assistantship.
Further, many Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) accepts GATE score in their recruitment process. Read Here about PSUs GATE RECRUITMENT 2019.
Subjects: 23 Subjects
The validity of Score: 3 Years
Exam Centres: Selected Cities and Towns of India And abroad i.e. Addis Adabad (Ethiopia), Colombo (Sri Lanka), Dhaka (Bangladesh), Dubai (UAE), Kathmandu (Nepal), Singapore.
GATE 2019 Important Dates
|GATE 2019 Online Application Form Opens||01 September 2018|
|Last Date for Submission of Application||22 September 2018|
|Application Form Correction||27 September – 01 October 2018|
|Last date for registration (with late fee)||01 October 2018|
|Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City||16 November 2018|
|Mock Test Release||3rd week of November 2018|
|Admit Card Downloading Starts||04 January 2019|
|GATE Aptitude Test||02, 03, 09, 10 February 2019|
|Answer Key Release||Within a few days after the examination|
|Results Announcement||16 March 2019|
|Score Card Release||20 – 31 March 2019|
|Counselling Starts||1st week of April 2019|
GATE 2019 Application Procedure
- Firstly, the registration will be online only.
- Also, the candidates will fill Online Application Form through Official Website.
- Then, register on the official website.
- Further, upload a recent photograph, signature, left-hand thumb impression, graduation certificate (if applicable), and category certificate (if applicable).
- Also, international candidates have to possess a valid passport to apply. The rest of application procedure is the same as for Indians.
GATE 2019 Application Process Flow Chart
GATE 2019 Application Fee
Application fee can be paid through Net Banking, Debit Card, or e-Challan.
|Category||Application Fee||During the Extended Period (Sept 24 – Oct 1, 2018)
|Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Person with Disability||Rs. 750||Rs. 1250|
|Other Candidates||Rs. 1,500||Rs. 2000|
|International Students Fees ( GATE 2019 International Centres)|
|Dubai (UAE) and Singapore centres||US $ 100||US$ 120|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka & Kathmandu||US $ 50||US$ 70|
The Syllabus is according to the GATE PAPERS & GATE 2019 will be organized in 23 subjects (papers). The Syllabus of each paper is given on the official website: http://gate.iitm.ac.in. Download the GATE 2019 Information Brochure Here.
And the list of Papers with corresponding code is given below.
GATE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- B.E., or B. Tech., or B. Pharm. candidates should have completed 4 Years B. Tech., or 3 Years B. Tech. Lateral Entry (after completing B. Sc. / Diploma in Engineering / Technology) in the year 2019. Final Year candidates can also apply, provided they are pursuing final year examination in the Year 2019.
- B. Arch. candidates should have completed 5 Years B. Arch. in the year 2019. Candidates pursuing final year examination in the Year 2019 are also eligible to apply for the examination.
- B. Sc. Research or B.S. candidates should have completed 4 Years Bachelor’s degree in Science (after Diploma or after Class XII) in the year 2019. Final Year candidates can also apply, provided they are pursuing final year examination in the Year 2019.
- M. Sc., or M.A., or M.C.A. candidates should have completed Master’s degree in Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent in the year 2019. Candidates presently in Final Year of Graduation in the Year 2019 are also eligible to apply.
- Integrated M.E., or M. Tech. (after B. Sc.) candidates should have completed 4 Years Integrated Master’s Degree programs in Engineering / Technology after B. Sc. in the year 2019. Candidates who are presently in 2nd / 3rd / 4th Year of above Degree program in the Year 2019 are also eligible to apply.
- Integrated M.E., or M. Tech. or Dual Degree program candidates (after Diploma or after Class XII) should have completed 5 Years Integrated Master’s Degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering / Technology in the year 2019. Candidates presently in 4th / 5th Year of Graduation in the Year 2019 are also eligible to apply.
|Description of Eligible Candidates||Year of Qualification
not later than
|B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Pharm.||Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering /Technology)||Currently in the final year or already completed||2019|
|B. Arch.||Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture (5 years course)||Currently in the final year or already completed||2019|
|B.Sc. (Research)/ B.S.||Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma/4 years after 10+2)||Currently in the 4th year or already completed||2019|
|M. Sc./ M.A./MCA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in the final year or already completed||2019|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech. (Post-B.Sc.)||Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering/Technology (4 years program)||Currently in the 2nd/ 3rd/4th year or already completed||2021|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech. or Dual Degree(after Diploma or 10+2)||Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology (5 years program)||Currently in the 4th/5th year or already completed||2020|
|Int. M.Sc./ Int. B.S.-M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. or 5 years integrated B.S.-M.S. program||Currently in the final year or already completed||2019|
|Professional Society Examinations*
(equivalent to B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch.)
|B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch. equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India and so on)||Completed Section A or equivalent of such professional courses||NA|
Some of these Professional Societies / Institutions, which conduct the examination in various fields of engineering, are as follows.
- The Institution of Engineers (India) (IE)
- The Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE)
- The Aeronautical Society of India (AeSI)
- The Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, including Polymer and Environmental Group (IIChemE)
- The Indian Institute of Metals (IIM)
- The Indian Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE)
However, the candidates who possess certification from any of the professional societies must ensure that those examinations conducted by the societies are approved by MHRD/AICTE as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch.
Question paper and answer keys of Gate 2018 click here.
Information Regarding GATE 2019 International Students & Centres
Now GATE 2019 Examinations will go international from this session. And will be conducted in the following countries i.e. Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), Colombo (Sri Lanka), Dhaka (Bangladesh), Dubai (UAE), Kathmandu (Nepal), Singapore.
Application Fees (For candidates at International Centres):
|Examination Centres||On or before 21st Sept.2018||During the Extended Period|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu||US$50||US$70|
|Dubai and Singapore||US$100||US$120|
Examination Session Timings:
The examination timing at GATE International centres is as per their local time, which is given below.
|City (Country)||Exam Time (Forenoon Session)||Exam Time Afternoon Session)|
|Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)||06:30 to 09:30 Hours||11:30 to 14.30 Hours|
|Colombo (Sri Lanka)||09:00 to 12.00 Hours||14:00 to 17:00 Hours|
|Dhaka (Bangladesh)||09:30 to 12:30 Hours||14:30 to 17:30 Hours|
|Dubai (UAE)||07:30 to 10:30 Hours||12:30 to 15:30 Hours|
|Kathmandu (Nepal)||09:15 to 12:15 Hours||14:15 to 17:15 Hours|
|Singapore||11:30 to 14:30 Hours||16:30 to 19:30 Hours|
GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)
This process will enable the students for the following activities:
- Filling the form.
- Upload necessary documents.
- Pay the fees.
- Checking the Application Form Status.
- Download the Admit Card.
- Download ScoreCard & Answer Sheets.
- Visit the website http://appsgate.iitm.ac.in or access through http://gate.iitm.ac.in.
GOAPS Enrollment ID will be given to each candidate registering for GATE 2019.
GOAPS Password: Candidates must remember the GOAPS Password for future logins.
Question / Exam Paper Pattern
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) carrying 1 or 2 marks each.
- Negative Marking for Wrong Answers. Whereas, for 1-mark MCQ & 2-mark MCQ, 1/3 & 2/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer respectively.
- Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions carrying 1 or 2 marks each. No Negative marking for NAT.
- Marks Distribution: 65 questions carrying 100 marks. Out of which 10 questions of 15 marks (total) will be on General Aptitude.
(For codes such as AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PE, PI, TF, and XE)
|Engineering Mathematics||15% of the total marks|
|General Aptitude||15% of the total marks|
|Subject Related Question||70% of the total marks|
(For the codes AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH and XL)
|General Aptitude||15% of the total marks|
|Subject Related Question||85% of the total marks|
The GATE Score will be released after evaluation of answer sheets. The scorecard is important for admission process in various IITs etc. And The GATE score is valid for three years. What is the minimum rank required in GATE to get a job in any PSUs?
GATE 2019 Results
The GATE Result will be declared on 17 March 2019. And can be downloaded from the GOAPS website. For now, the application form last date is extended till 09 October 2019.
Download IIT GATE Information Brochure.
Jobs through GATE 2019
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is a gateway for a large number of job options in PSUs and other Government Bodies. Also, GATE Score is accepted for higher studies abroad in Singapore, Germany& New Zealand.
- 7 Maharatna
- 17 Navratna
- 73 Miniratna
- & 300 CPSEs
Tentative List of Examination Cities
The list provided below is a tentative list, and any change will be updated on the official website.
|Zone No.||Zonal GATE Office||Tentative List of Examination Cities/Towns*|
Bengaluru – 560 012
|Ananthapuramu, Angamaly, Bagalkot, Ballari (Bellary), Belagavi (Belgaum), Bengaluru North, Bengaluru South, Bidar, Davanagere, Hassan, Hubballi (Hubli), Hyderabad, Kalaburagi (Gulbarga), Kannur, Kasaragod, Kolar, Kozhikode, Kurnool, Malappuram, Mangaluru, Manipal, Mysuru (Mysore), Palakkad, Payyanur, PortBlair, Shivamogga (Shimoga), Thrissur, Tumakuru, Vatakara|
Powai, Mumbai – 400 076
|Ahmedabad, Ahmednagar, Amravati, Anand, Aurangabad, Baramati, Bhavnagar, Bhuj, Gandhinagar, Goa, Jalgaon, Kankavli, Kolhapur, Mehsana, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Rajkot, Ratnagiri, Sangli, Satara, Solapur, Surat, Thane, Vadodara|
|3||IIT Delhi, HauzKhas,
New Delhi – 110 016
|Ajmer, Alwar, Bahadurgarh, Rohtak, Bikaner, Faridabad-Palwal, Greater NOIDA, Gurugram, Hisar, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, Karnal, Kota, Mathura, New Delhi, Samba, Sikar, Udaipur-Chittorgarh, Ujjain|
Guwahati – 781 039
|Agartala, Arrah, Asansol-Durgapur, Bokaro Steel City, Burdwan, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Gangtok, Guwahati, Imphal, Itanagar, Jorhat, Kalyani, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea, Shillong, Silchar, Siliguri, Tezpur|
Kanpur – 208 016
|Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bhopal, Gorakhpur, Gwalior, Jabalpur, Kanpur, Lucknow, Varanasi|
Kharagpur – 721 302
|Balasore, Berhampur (Odisha), Bhilai, Bhimavaram, Bhubaneswar, Bilaspur (CG), Cuttack, Eluru, Hooghly, Jamshedpur, Kakinada (AP), Kharagpur, Kolkata, Raipur, Rajamahendravaram (Rajahmundry), Ranchi, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Srikakulam, Tadepalligudem, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram|
Chennai – 600 036
|Alappuzha, Aluva, Attingal, Bapatla – Chirala, Chengannur, Chennai South, Chennai West, Chittoor, Coimbatore, Cuddalore, Dindigul, Ernakulam, Erode-Thiruchengode, Gudur, Guntur, Idukki, Kadapa, Kanjirapally, Kanyakumari-Nagercoil, Karimnagar, Karur, Khammam, Kodad, Kollam, Kothamangalam, Kottayam, Madurai, Muvattupuzha, Namakkal, Nedumangad, Nellore, Ongole, Pala, Puducherry (Pondicherry), Punalur, Salem, Thanjavur, Thiruvananthapuram, Thoothukudi (Tuticorin), Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Tirupati, Vellore, Villupuram, Virudhunagar, Warangal|
Roorkee – 247 667
|Ambala, Amritsar, Baddi (HP), Bathinda, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Ghaziabad, Haldwani-Bhimtal, Hamirpur (HP), Jalandhar, Kurukshetra, Ludhiana, Meerut, Mohali, Moradabad, NOIDA, Panipat, Pathankot, Patiala, Roorkee, Sangrur, Shimla, Solan, Sonepat, Una, Yamunanagar|
|Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), Colombo (Sri Lanka), Dhaka (Bangladesh), Dubai (UAE), Kathmandu (Nepal), Singapore|
GATE 2019 Organizing Institute Address
Organizing Chairman, GATE 2019
Indian Institute of Technology Madras
Chennai-600036, Tamil Nadu.
AICTE Public Notice About GATE
AICTE Vice Chairman Prof. M P Poonia clarifies about GATE as a Mandatory exam for getting Engineering Graduate Degree.
Finally, stay tuned for more updates related to GATE 2019 with EntranceZone.