JKCET 2020 Exam has been postponed due to COVID-19. JKCET 2020 Application Form can be submitted until 20 April 2020 (Extended). Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBOPEE) conducts the Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test 2020. It is a state-level exam conducted every year for admission into B.Tech and B.E courses in various private or government institutions of Jammu & Kashmir. Admission into the medical programme will be offered on the basis of NEET UG score. Candidates are advised to read the whole article for complete information regarding the JKCET 2020.
Upcoming Application Form
- Amity University Admissions Open Now Apply Now
- Reva University Bengaluru Admissions Open Apply Now
- Manipal Uni. 2020 Admissions Now Open Apply Now
- UPES Admissions 2020 Now Open Apply Now
- NIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Amrita University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- KIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- LPU University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Chandigarh University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
Latest News: JKCET 2020 Application Form has been extended by JKBOPEE until 20 April 2020.
JKCET 2020 Examination has been postponed due to COVID-19.
JKCET 2020 Exam Dates
The important dates for Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test 2020 are published by BOPEE and JKCET 2020 Important Dates are given below.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about JKCET 2020: Application Form (Till 20 April), Eligibility Criteria
|Releasing of Notification||12 March 2020|
|Starting of application form||12 March 2020|
|Closing of application form||20 April 2020|
|Availability of admit card||April 2020|
|Date of Exam||26 April 2020|
|Declaration of result||May 2020|
|Mock Test Available||Last week of May 2020|
|Commencement of counselling||May – June 2020|
|Online Fee Payment||First week of June 2020|
|Preferences Editing||First week of June 2020|
JKCET 2020 Application Form
The information regarding the JKCET 2020 Application form is mentioned below:
- JKCET 2020 Application form has been released on 12 March 2020.
- Candidates can fill the form through the official website.
- The JKCET application form last date is 20 April 2020 (Extended).
- The process of filling the application form consists of – Registration process, payment of application fee, filling up the details, uploading the images and printing the application form.
- Candidates are advised to fill the details correctly as no option of editing the form will be provided by the authority later.
Note: JKCET Online Application Form released and fill the form now.
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
Lovely Professional University
Manav Rachna University
UPES Management Entrance Test
UPES Design Aptitude Test
GD Goenka DAT
GNIOT Greater Noida
JKCET 2020 Application fee
The details regarding the JKCET 2020 application fee are mentioned below:
- The JKCET 2020 Application Fee is Rs. 1200/-.
- Candidates can pay the application fee through the following options:
- Debit card
- Net banking
- Credit card
How to Fill the JKCET Online Application Form?
- Visit the official website of the authority.
- Click on the “Online Application” button.
- The new page will appear where candidates have to fill the details.
- Fill the details to get the registration number.
- After filling the details, click on the submit button.
- After successful submission of the registration form, the candidate will get a registration number.
- Log in to candidate’s portal with the help of registration number.
- Then make the payment click on the link ‘Pay 800’.
- Candidates can make payment through online as well as offline mode.
- Online: Through Debit Card, Credit Card.
- Offline: Through any branch of HDFC or J&K bank.
Filling the Details
- After paying the fee, candidates have to fill the following details:
- Basic details
- Personal details
- Educational details
- Communicational details.
Uploading the Documents
- Now, candidates have to upload the required documents such as:
- Certificate of Permanent Address
- Matriculation examination certificate
- Marksheet of the qualifying exam
- Reserved category certificate
- Candidates also have to upload the scanned images of recent passport-sized photograph and signature.
Submitting the Form
- After successfully uploading the documents candidates have to submit the form.
- Click on the submit button.
- After submission of the form, candidates are advised to print the submitted form for further process.
JKCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The details regarding the JKCET 2020 eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
- Nationality: Candidates must be resident of Jammu & Kashmir or Ladakh.
- Age Criteria: Candidate’s age should be older than 17 years as on 31 December 2020.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed the Higher Secondary examination/class 12 or its equivalent from a recognized Board or University.
- Qualifying Subjects: Candidates must have passed with the qualifying exam with subjects- Physics, Mathematics, English and Chemistry.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in their qualifying exam and minimum 40% marks for Reserved candidates.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing for class 12 can also apply for the exam.
JKCET 2020 Exam Pattern
The details regarding the JKCET 2020 Exam pattern is given below:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted in offline mode.
- Number of Questions: Question paper will contain a total of 180 questions.
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Time Duration: 03 hours.
- Total Marks: 180 Marks.
- Subjects: Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Marking Scheme:
- For every correct answer: +1 mark will be awarded.
- For every wrong answer: 0.25 mark will be deducted.
The details regarding marks and questions of each section are given below
|Subjects/sections||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Total||180 questions||180 marks|
JKCET 2020 Syllabus
The complete information regarding the JKCET 2020 Syllabus is given below:
- JKCET 2020 Syllabus consists of various topics from physics, chemistry and mathematics of class 11 and class 12.
- The syllabus is released by the authority on the official website.
- Candidates can check the complete syllabus with the weightage of each subject from the official website.
JKCET Question Paper Pattern
The details regarding the pattern of question paper are mentioned below:
- The Question Booklet must have 60 questions per subject.
- It shall be the sole responsibility of the candidate to check the Question Booklet
before answering any question.
- If any Question Booklet has any missing page, blank page, missed the question or damaged or defaced page etc. candidates are advised to contact the invigilator if finds so.
- One cannot suppose to complain to the Board after the termination of the exam.
- The question paper shall be objective type containing Multiple Choice Questions
- It contains several pages stapled together in one cover.
JKCET 2020 Question Paper Details
The details about the question paper are listed below:
- The questions are based on the relevant subject that a 10+2 student is expected to know in entrance test meant for admission to get into Engineering Courses.
- One should not break the seal containing Question Booklet until the permission to do so. The students should write their Roll Number on the cover page of the Question Booklet at the space provided for the purpose.
- And Each question paper has four series i.e., A, B, C and D on the cover page of the Question Booklet and also at the end of the examination.
- Candidates can take the Question Booklets with them.
JKCET 2020 Admit Card
The details regarding the JKCET 2020 Admit card are given below:
- The JKCET 2020 Hall Ticket will be available to download from April 2020.
- Candidates can download the admit card through online mode from the official website.
- Candidates have to download the admit card within a specific time frame.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the Test Center/venue without a valid Admit Card.
- Candidates will receive a separate notification for the release of admit card.
JKCET 2020 Result
The details regarding the JKCET 2020 Result are given below:
- The result will be released in the second week of May 2020.
- Candidates can view the result online from the official website as well as from any of the offices of BOPEE located at Jammu and Srinagar.
- The result will be released in the form of merit list containing the name or roll number of the candidate.
- The board will release a separate merit lists for open merit and reserved category candidates.
- Only those candidates who have successfully qualified the exam will be shortlisted in the list.
JKCET 2020 Counselling
The details regarding the JKCET 2020 counselling process are given below:
- The counselling process will be conducted in the first week of June 2020.
- The whole process will be conducted in online mode only on the official website.
- The counselling process will be organised for the candidates who are shortlisted in the merit list.
- The counselling process will start only after the declaration of the merit list of the student.
- The official website will furnish the JKCET 2020 counselling schedule and also in the leading English newspaper of the state only.
- The eligible students will not get any separate notice and information.
- The student should be well presented with the required documents and have to make payment of Rs. 500/- as counselling fee.
Documents required for counselling
The list of documents required for counselling is mentioned below:
- Permanent residence certificate
- Marks certificate
- Matriculation or equivalent examination certificate for Date of Birth proof
- Challan Copy
- Category certificate
- The Entrance Test will take place at the centres, notified by the BOPEE in the cities of Srinagar and Jammu only.
- The BOPEE administration will provide the test centre. And the admit card consists of rest of the details and the information regarding this.
- The Test Center once allotted will not be changed.
JKCET 2020 Merit List
The details regarding the JKCET 2020 Merit list is given below:
- The merit list for each course will be prepared on the basis of the performance of the candidates in the JKCET 2020.
- A candidate must obtain at least the minimum qualifying marks in the Entrance Test that will be mentioned by JKCET admin.
- In case of Any seat left to vacate, it will be provided to the candidates according to their merit stance of the specific category (Open or reserved).
- If in any circumstance, Reserved category seat left vacate due to unavailability of the eligible student then it passes on to the open merit category.
In case two or more candidates obtain equal merit, the meritorious candidates will be determined as under:
1. Higher marks in Mathematics in CET shall consider first.
2. Candidates obtaining higher marks in Physics in CET, if marks in Mathematics are equal.
3. Candidates older in age will consider for the seat if points as per (1) and (2) are equal.
- The students can make a representation, if against any question in the question paper in the prescribed format. But within after 2-3 working days up to 4 pm after the termination of the Entrance Test.
- The BOPEE shall make the answer key available on its website in the evening on the conclusion of the last meeting of the examination for students to make representation if any.
JKCET 2020 Guidelines
The details regarding the Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test 2020 are mentioned here.
- The Student should be cautious while filling up the online application form.
- Any error at the initial stage may not get rectified later on and this may prove very costly to a promising student.
- If any detail is found to be false, his/her candidature will be cancelled immediately.
- The selections are recommended according to the preference for courses and the Institutions indicated and most importantly, the marks procured by the applicant.
- Applicants should keep an eye on the official website for latest updates.
- And the candidates should paste and attest the photo on the print out of the admit card.
- Applicants, who don’t have internet facility, may avail this facility at the Help Desk
of I.T. Section of BOPEE via DD of Rs 100/-.
- Name and addresses of the BOPEE offices are:
1)BOPEE Office, Bhagat-i-Barzullah, Opposite J&K Bank, Srinagar-190005 (11 A.M. to 5 P.M.)
2)BOPEE Office, 4th Floor, South Block, Bahu Plaza, Jammu-180012 (11 A.M. to 5 P.M.).
- Candidates should well maintain the admit cards till the completion of the admission process.
JKCET Examination Highlights
The detailed summary of JKCET 2020 is given in the table below:
Name of Examination
|Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test|
Commonly Known As
|Exam Conducting Body||J&K Board of Professional Entrance Examination|
State Level Exam
Purpose of Exam
|Admissions in Engineering and Architecture|
Mode of Examination
What is the marking scheme for the exam?
+1 mark for each correct answer and -0.25 marks for each incorrect answer.
Can Non- Resident of Jammu & Kashmir apply for this?
No, other state candidates cannot apply for this exam.
Can appearing candidates apply?
Yes, appearing candidates can apply. However, these candidates have to produce their original mark sheet before or at the time of counselling/selection.
What is the application fee of JKCET?
The Application fee of JKCET 2020 exam is Rs.800/- only.
Download JKCET 2020 Information Brochure – Click Here.
And JKCET 2020 Admission Notification – Click Here.
Stay tuned!!! The engineering aspirants should read about JEE MAIN 2020 Updates Here.
jkcet colleges, no of seats in jkcet, jkcet 2020 official website, jkcet 2020 application form date, jkcet full form, jkcet 2020 apply online