Aeronautical Engineering is a branch of engineering with deals with the aeroplanes and their mechanism. Aeronautical Engineering is work on designing, manufacturing, testing and maintenance of aircraft in commercial aviation and defence sectors and involves the study of advanced level Physics and Mathematics. The candidates are advised to read the complete article to know more about Aeronautical engineering courses, Eligibility criteria and Admission Procedure.
Popular Aeronautical Course
Candidates can check the list of courses for Aeronautical given below:
Ongoing Application Forms - 2020
Manav Rachna University
Amity Joint Entrance Examination 2020
UPES Design Aptitude Test
Vel Tech Admissions 2020
LPU Admissions 2020
VijayBhoomi University, Mumbai Admission 2020
GNIOT, Noida Admission 2020
DIT University Admission 2020
Shoolini University Admission 2020
KIIT University Admission 2020
GD Goenka University Admission 2020
MIT ADT University Pune Admission 2020
Thapar University Admission 2020
BML Munjal University Admission 2020
PIET Panipat Admission 2020
REVA University Admission 2020
UPES Management Entrance Test
- B.tech in Aeronautical Engineering
- B.E. in Aeronautical Engineering
- M.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering
- M.Tech in Avionics
- M.E.in Aeronautical Engineering
- M.E.in Avionics
The candidates have to apply for the above-given courses to get admission in Aeronautical.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about Aeronautical Engineering Course Detail: Eligibility Criteria, Admission - Admissions
Colleges/Universities Offering Aeronautical Engineering
The candidates can check the list of universities and colleges who offer Aeronautical engineering course in India:
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai
- Punjab Engineering College (Deemed to be University), Chandigarh
- Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST) West Bengal
Aeronautical Engineering Course Eligibility Criteria
The candidate must check the course requirement for the admission given below:
|M.Tech||Applicant must have an undergraduate degree in Aeronautical/Aerospace or related Engineering or passed both Sections A and B of AMAeSI (ANSI-Aeronautical Society of India) from any recognised university.|
Skills required for Aeronautical Engineering
Given below are few qualities one must possess to be a successful Aeronautical Engineer:
|Speed and accuracy||Manual, technical and mechanical aptitude|
|Strong sense of responsibility||Alertness and presence of mind|
|Candidate must have leadership qualities but also be able to work in a team||Normal colour vision|
|Physical fitness and good height||Strong analytical ability|
Aeronautical Engineering Course Duration
The candidate can check the course time and duration from the below-given table:
Aeronautical Engineering comprises of the following subjects and topics:
|Engineering Physics||Aircraft Structures|
|Engineering Chemistry||Control Engineering|
|Computer Programming||Environmental Science and Engineering|
|Engineering Graphics||Aircraft Structures Laboratory|
|Computer Practices Laboratory||Communication and Soft Skills- Laboratory-Based|
|Engineering Practices Laboratory||Principles of Management|
|Physics and Chemistry Laboratory||Finite Element Methods|
|Transforms and Partial Differential Equations||Vibrations and Elements of Aeroelasticity|
|Manufacturing Technology||Composite Materials and Structures|
|Aero Engineering Thermodynamics||Aircraft Materials and Processes|
|Fluid Mechanics and Machinery||Aero Engine and Airframe|
|Solid Mechanics||Aircraft Design Project|
|Elements of Aeronautics||Computer-Aided Simulation|
|Strength of Materials Laboratory||Total Quality Management|
|Fluid Mechanics and Machinery Laboratory||Avionics|
|Thermodynamics Laboratory||Computational Fluid Dynamics|
|CAM and Manufacturing Laboratory||Experimental Stress Analysis|
|Numerical Methods||Aircraft Design Project|
|Aerodynamics||Aircraft Systems Laboratory|
|Aircraft Systems and Instruments||Flight Integration Systems and Control Laboratory|
|Mechanics of Machines||Wind Tunnel Techniques|
|Aircraft Structures Laboratory||Aerodynamics Laboratory|
|CAD and Aircraft Component Drawing|
Aeronautical Engineering specializes in the creation and maintenance of aircraft-related technologies for improved functioning of the defence industry.
Jobs under this specialized branch of engineering are:
- Aeronautical Engineers are trained to design aircraft and their main job includes designing aircraft and studying the aerodynamic performance of aircraft and construction materials.
- The job area is divided into various profiles and specialized jobs:
Aeronautical Mechanical Engineers:
- Aeronautical Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the maintenance of aircraft engines.
Aeronautical Electronics Engineers:
- Aeronautical electronic engineers are hired for maintenance of electrical and electronic equipment used for radio navigation, radar and communication.
- Flight engineers are the ones who are responsible for the smooth performance of the aircraft during the flight. Job profile of a fight engineer includes making pre-flight inspections, keep a check on system failure and manage repairs.
The candidates must read all the points given below to apply for the course of Aeronautical engineering:
- The applicants can apply through online mode only.
- Candidates must check their eligibility before applying for this course.
- Candidates must fill the application form correctly and carefully otherwise authority will reject the application form.
- Candidate must have qualified the JEE Main and GATE with valid scores to apply for the course.
- Only those candidates will be called for the interview and counselling who have completed the application process.
Aeronautical Engineering Course Admission Process
Admissions to the course are done through CET based admission process as well as a merit-based selection process in select few institutes/colleges.
- The admission process is different for different colleges and universities.
- Majority of the Universities/Colleges conduct a common entrance test (CET) for admission or take admissions through commonly held entrance exam like JEE Main and GATE.
- Candidates must have to qualify these exams to get admission in the course.
- After counselling process final allotment of seats to the candidate takes place and the candidate is asked to deposit the fee for the course and register for the respective academic year.
- The admission process will be the same across all the colleges and universities that are offering this course.
Aeronautical Course Highlights
Candidate can check the overview of the aeronautical course from the below-given table:
|Branch Name||Aeronautical Engineering|
|Popular Courses||B.Tech, M.Tech and PhD|
|Duration of course||B.Tech- 4 years
M.tech- 2 years
PhD- 3-5 Years
|Selection Criteria||Based on the merit|
About Aeronautical Course
Aeronautical engineering is a branch of engineering which covers the design and construction of aircraft, including how they are powered, how they are used and how they are controlled for safe operation. A major part of aeronautical courses is aerodynamics which is the science of passing through the air.