PGIMER 2020 Result has been released for MD/MS Courses entrance test on 09 December 2019. It is Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh. Therefore, in order to get admission into PGIMER, one has to qualify the examination which is conducted by PGIMER itself as PGIMER 2020, two times annually in the months of January and July. The institution is basically for the candidates wishing for Post-graduation in courses such as MD, MS, etc. Admissions, however for the same college would be based on the marks scored by the candidate or the cut-off list. For those who gave January attempt can check their results, marks, counselling, cut-off and answer key below in this article.
Upcoming Application Form
- SRM Uni. Admissions Open Now Apply Now
- Manipal Uni. 2020 Admissions Now Open Apply Now
- UPES Admissions 2020 Now Open Apply Now
- GNIOT group of Institutes Admissions 2020 Apply Now
- NIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Amrita University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- KIIT University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- LPU University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- Chandigarh University Admissions 2020 Open Apply Now
- PGIMER 2020 Result has been released for MD/MS Courses entrance test on 09 December 2019.
- PGIMER 2020 Admit Card has been released for MD/MS Courses entrance test on 25 November 2019.
- PGIMER 2020 January session Exam Dates have been released on 27 February 2019.
PGIMER 2020 Important Dates
The PGIMER 2020 Exam dates for January session various events are available below:
MD/MS Courses Important Dates
|Online application form available||26 October 2019|
|Application submission last date||14 November 2019|
|Last date of fee payment||14 November 2019|
|Admit Card download||25 November 2019|
|PGIMER Exam Date||30 November 2019 (Saturday)|
|Announcement of Result||09 December 2019|
|1st Counselling date||20 December 2019 (at 11:00 AM)|
|2nd Counselling date||10 January 2020 (at 11:00 AM)|
|3rd Counselling date||18 January 2020 (at 11:00 AM)|
|4th Counselling date||30 January 2020 (at 11:00 AM)|
For DM/MCH and DM Hospital Administration
|Application Form available||13 November 2019|
|Application Submission last date||30 November 2019|
|Last date for fee payment||14 November 2019|
|Last date of fee payment through E-Challan||Not Available|
|Exam date||18 December 2019|
|Result||23 December 2019 (at 05:00 PM)|
|Clinic/ Practical exam||17 December 2019|
|Counselling begins||28 December 2019|
PGIMER 2020 Result
The result for the January session has been announced by the university through Online mode. Applicants can be able to view their results on 09 December 2019 for MD/MS / Fellowships / Ph.D. / M.Sc / M.Sc MLT / DM / M.Ch / MHA courses
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about PGIMER 2020: PG Result (Announced), Counselling Schedule - Admissions
PGIMER 2020 result will be checked by the applicants through filling their login credentials:
- Roll No. &
The University will also release rank wise & a category wise list of selected applicants for counselling.
The overall merit list will be made on the basis of percentile scores obtained by the applicants in the theory exam.
|Open (General) and Sponsored or Deputed||55|
|OBC, OPH, SC/ST, Rural Area, Foreign Nationals||50|
PGIMER 2020 Application Form
The steps to fill the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research is given here.
- Candidates can get access to the PGIMER 2020 Application form through online mode through the same website.
- Starting date to fill the application form for MD/MS field is 26 October 2019 & 13 November 2019 for DM/MCH and DM Hospital Administration.
- Essentials such as Name of the candidate, date of birth, parents name, uploading of essential documents, photographs, sign, etc. in the application form needs to be properly filled.
- Then, application no. and password of the filled application form by the candidate is processed which needs to be properly preserved for the further exam process.
- The application fee for submission of the form can be done online or through SBI Challan.
PGIMER Application Fee
Application fees of PGIMER 2019 for MD/MS courses for different categories are as follows:
|S. No||Category||Application Fees|
|01||General /OCI /OBC /RA /FN/ Sponsored Category||Rs. 1500/-|
|02||SC/ST Candidates||Rs. 1200/-|
PGIMER Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who are willing to get admissions into PGIMER, Chandigarh, need qualify the eligibility criteria of PGIMER 2020. Given below are the points:
- Candidate applying shall have passed MBBS or equivalent degree recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- Candidates should complete one-year rotatory internship training on or before 31 December 2019.
- Candidates should register themselves with the Central /State Medical Registration Council.
PGIMER 2020 Admit Card
- PGIMER 2020 Hall ticket/Admit Card for MD/MS courses has been released on 25 November 2019 (Monday). Also, the Hall ticket of DM/MCH/MD Hospital Administration will be released in the second week of December 2019.
- Candidates can use their application number or Date of Birth to get the Admit card. It is available only through online mode. No other mode can be used to get the admit card.
- Candidates when appearing for the exam are required to get their own Admit card, without which the candidate shall be disqualified to give an attempt of the exam.
- Candidates are seriously advised to preserve their Admit cards until the counselling.
PGIMER 2020 Exam Pattern
|Mode of Examination||Computer Based Test (CBT) / Online|
|Duration of Examination||3 Hours (Three hours/ 180 minutes)|
|Number of Shifts||01 (One)|
|Timing of Examination||10:00 AM – 01:00 PM|
|Location of Examination Centres||Tentatively 14 cities in India|
|Language of Paper||English|
|Type of Examination||Objective Type|
|Number of Questions||One Paper of 250 MCQ (Two hundred and fifty)|
|Marking Scheme||Please see the concerned sections for details.|
|Method of Cut-Off|
|Method of determining merit|
|Method of Resolving ties|
Note: There shall be negative marking for each wrong attempt at the question by a candidate.
PGIMER EXAM 2020 Counselling
PGIMER 2020 counselling for January Attempt will be held after the declaration of result. Candidates who would clear the prestigious entrance exam shall be called for the counselling round, prior to which shall get the call letters with dates time and venue of PGIMER Counselling. Candidates must attend the counselling in order to get admission into the particular institution. The seats will be allotted on the basis of rank obtained in the PGIMER 2020 result. However, when the candidate’s marks, it would match with the official cut-off released by the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Institute, should make themselves ready for counselling with all the documents handy and the verification for the same would be done by the authorities. However, after the counselling one has to pay Rs. 2485/- on spot as the installment fee.
The following are the various important documents required at the time of counselling:
- Character Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Rural certificate if available
- 10th class certificate
- Internship Certificate.
- Certificate for MBBS Degree
- Passport size photos
- Applicants should solve the last 5 to 10 years question papers of the PGIMER exam.
- Keep practising important topics & tough concepts/facts with your teachers and seniors.
- Applicants also solve sample papers to score well in the exams.
- For studies, given your 6 to 8 hrs. each day in every subject and section.
PGIMER 2020 Highlights
PGIMER 2020 key highlights are mentioned in the table below.
|Examination Name||Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Exam|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Conducting Body||Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh|
|Type of Examination||Post-graduate|
|Programmes offered when Qualified||MS, MD|
For more information regarding JEE Main 2020.
pgi chandigarh exam date 2019, pgi chandigarh entrance exam 2019, pgi mds 2019 exam date, pgi chandigarh prospectus, pgimer admission, pgimer 2018 application form.