PGIMER 2020 round 1 merit list and Counselling schedule released. Also, the result been released for MD/ MS & MD (Hospital Administration) for the July session on 22 June 2020. PGIMER is conducted by the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh. This is a national level exam conducted twice a year in the month of January and July. The institution is basically for the candidates wishing for Post-graduation in courses such as MD, MS, etc. Admissions, however for the same college would be based on the marks scored by the candidate or the cut-off list. Candidates may check the complete details regarding the PGIMER 2020 July session like results, marks, counselling, cut-off and answer key from the article below.
- PGIMER 2020 round 1 merit list and Counselling schedule released.
PGIMER 2020 Result has been released on 22 June 2020. Click here to check the result.
- PGIMER 2020 Exam date has been released for MD/ MS/ D.M/ M.Ch & MD (Hospital Administration) for the July session. .
- PGIMER 2020 Mock Test has been released by the authorities for MD/MS and DM/ M.Ch (July session).
New Changes Introduced
- PGIMER has released the exam dates with the official notification.
- From this year, the exam will be conducted in online CBT mode. Earlier, the exam used to be conducted in offline mode.
- The application fee is increased this year. The reserved category has to pay Rs. 1200/- and other categories have to pay Rs. 1500/-.
- Also, the mode of application fee payment has been changed from offline to online mode. Now, candidates will be able to pay the application fee through debit card, credit card or net Banking.
PGIMER 2020 Important Dates
The PGIMER 2020 Exam dates for July session are given in the table below:
MD/MS Courses Important Dates
The important dates regarding the PGIMER MD/ MS Exam are given below:
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about PGIMER 2020: PG Result (Announced), Counselling Schedule (Released) - Admissions
|Online application form available||17 March 2020|
|Application submission last date||06 May 2020|
|Last date of fee payment||06 May 2020|
|Admit Card download||08 – 09 May 2020|
|PGIMER Exam Date||14 June 2020|
|Announcement of Result||22 June 2020|
|1st Counselling date||June 2020|
|2nd Counselling date||July 2020|
|Spot admission through open counselling||July 2020|
PGIMER 2020 Counselling Dates (July session)
Candidates may check the complete counselling schedule below:
Round one counselling
|Online registration and choice filling||June 24, 2020|
|Last date to lock the filled choices||June 25, 2020, up to 10:00 PM|
|Processing of seat allotment||June 26, 2020|
|Round one seat allotment result||June 27, 2020, 10:00 AM|
|Payment of fee through SBI epay and downloading the allotment letter||June 29 to July 1, 2020, by 9:00 AM|
|Reporting to PGIMER, Chandigarh counselling venue||July 1, 2020, at 9:00 PM|
Round two counselling
|Seat matrix for round two||July 6, 2020, at 5:00 PM|
|Online registration and choice filling||July 8, 2020|
|Last date to lock the filled choices||July 9, 2020,up to 10:00 PM|
|Processing of seat allotment||July 10, 2020|
|Round two seat allotment result||July 11, 2020,by 10:00 AM|
|Payment of fee through SBI epay and downloading the allotment letter||July 13 to 18, 2020 by 9:00 AM|
|Reporting to PGIMER, Chandigarh counselling venue||July 18, 2020,at 9:00 AM|
Round three counselling
|Seat matrix for round three||July 21, 2020 at 11:00 AM|
|Will be held in offline mode at Bhargava auditorium, PGIMER Chandigarh||July 24, 2020 at 12:00 noon and July 28, 2020 at 11:00 AM|
|Spot round of counselling|
|Seat matrix for spot round||July 29, 2020 at 11: 00 AM|
|Will be held in offline mode at Bhargava auditorium, PGIMER Chandigarh||July 31, 2020 at 11:00 AM and 12:00 noon|
For DM/MCH and DM Hospital Administration
The important dates regarding the PGIMER DM/ MCH and DM Hotel administration Exam are given below:
|MD (Hospital Administration)||DM/MCH|
|Application form release||31 March 2020||06 April 2020|
|Last date of application submission||06 May 2020||06 May 2020|
|Last date for fee payment||06 May 2020||06 May 2020|
|Application Correction||08 May to 09 May (till 11:55 pm)||08 May to 09 May (till 11:55 pm)|
|Admit Card release||May/ June 2020||May 2020|
|Exam date||21 June 2020||21 June 2020|
|Result||June – July 2020||June 2020|
|Clinic/ practical exam||July 2020||July 2020|
|Counselling begins||July 2020||July 2020|
PGIMER 2020 Result
The details regarding the PGIMER 2020 Result are given below:
- PGIMER result has been released in Online mode on 22 June 2020.
- Candidates will be able to check the result from the official website.
- The candidate will need to login to check the result.
- The authority will generate the result on the basis of candidates performance in the exam.
- PGIMER 2020 result will be checked by the applicants through filling their login credentials:
- Roll No.
The University will also release rank wise & a category wise list of selected applicants for counselling.
The overall merit list will be made on the basis of percentile scores obtained by the applicants in the theory exam.
|Open (General) and Sponsored or Deputed||55|
|OBC, OPH, SC/ST, Rural Area, Foreign Nationals||50|
PGIMER EXAM 2020 Counselling
PGIMER 2020 counselling for January Attempt will be held after the declaration of result. Candidates who would clear the prestigious entrance exam shall be called for the counselling round, prior to which shall get the call letters with dates time and venue of PGIMER Counselling. Candidates must attend the counselling in order to get admission into the particular institution. The seats will be allotted on the basis of rank obtained in the PGIMER 2020 result. However, when the candidate’s marks, it would match with the official cut-off released by the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Institute, should make themselves ready for counselling with all the documents handy and the verification for the same would be done by the authorities. However, after the counselling one has to pay Rs. 2485/- on spot as the installment fee.
The following are the various important documents required at the time of counselling:
- Character Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Rural certificate if available
- 10th class certificate
- Internship Certificate.
- Certificate for MBBS Degree
- Passport size photos
PGIMER 2020 Admit Card
The details regarding the PGIMER 2020 Admit Card are given below:
- PGIMER 2020 Hall ticket/Admit Card will release in June 2020.
- The admit card will release in online mode.
- No other mode can be used to get the admit card.
- Candidates will be able to download the admit card from the official website.
- Candidates can use their application number or Date of Birth to get the Admit card.
- Also, Candidates when appearing for the exam are required to get their own Admit card, without which the candidate shall be disqualified to give an attempt of the exam.
- Moreover, Candidates are advised to preserve their Admit cards until the counselling.
PGIMER 2020 Application Form
The steps to fill the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research is given here.
- Candidates can get access to the PGIMER 2020 Application form through online mode through the same website.
- PGIMER 2020 application form was released on 17 March 2020.
- Essentials such as Name of the candidate, date of birth, parents name, uploading of essential documents, photographs, sign, etc. in the application form needs to be properly filled.
- Then, application no. and password of the filled application form by the candidate is processed which needs to be properly preserved for the further exam process.
- The application fee for submission of the form can be done online or through SBI Challan.
PGIMER Application Fee
Application fees of PGIMER 2019 for MD/MS courses for different categories are as follows:
|S. No||Category||Application Fees|
|01||General /OCI /OBC /RA /FN/ Sponsored Category||Rs. 1500/-|
|02||SC/ST Candidates||Rs. 1200/-|
Note: Application fee once paid would not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Mode of Payment: Candidates have to pay the application fee through online mode via:
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Net Banking
PGIMER Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who are willing to get admissions into PGIMER, Chandigarh, need qualify the eligibility criteria of PGIMER 2020. Given below are the points:
- Candidate applying shall have passed MBBS or equivalent degree recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- Candidates should complete one-year rotatory internship training on or before 31 December 2019.
- Candidates should register themselves with the Central /State Medical Registration Council.
PGIMER 2020 Exam Pattern
|Mode of Examination||Computer Based Test (CBT) / Online|
|Duration of Examination||3 Hours (Three hours/ 180 minutes)|
|Number of Shifts||01 (One)|
|Timing of Examination||10:00 AM – 01:00 PM|
|Location of Examination Centres||Tentatively 14 cities in India|
|Language of Paper||English|
|Type of Examination||Objective Type|
|Number of Questions||One Paper of 250 MCQ (Two hundred and fifty)|
|Marking Scheme||Please see the concerned sections for details.|
|Method of Cut-Off|
|Method of determining merit|
|Method of Resolving ties|
Note: There shall be negative marking for each wrong attempt at the question by a candidate.
- Applicants should solve the last 5 to 10 years question papers of the PGIMER exam.
- Keep practising important topics & tough concepts/facts with your teachers and seniors.
- Applicants also solve sample papers to score well in the exams.
- For studies, given your 6 to 8 hrs. each day in every subject and section.
PGIMER 2020 Highlights
PGIMER 2020 key highlights are mentioned in the table below.
|Examination Name||Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Exam|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Conducting Body||Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh|
|Type of Examination||Post-graduate|
|Programmes offered when Qualified||MS, MD|