PGIMER 2021 Entrance Exam Schedule for the various course for July/September 2021 session has been released by the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh. This is a national level exam conducted twice a year in the month of January and July. The institution is basically for the candidates wishing for Post-graduation in courses such as MD, MS, etc. Admissions, however for the same college would be based on the marks scored by the candidate or the cut-off list. Candidates may check the complete details regarding the PGIMER 2021 July session like results, marks, counselling, cut-off and answer key from the article below.
PGIMER 2021 Exam Status
|Entrance Exam Schedule||Announced|
|Information Brochure for Various Courses||Released|
- PGIMER 2021 MD/MS, including MD (Hospital Admin.) through the Combined test of INIs (INI-CET) to be conducted by AIIMS, New Delhi will be held on 09 May 2021.
- PGIMER DM/M.Ch, Master in Public Health (MPH) and PG Diploma in Public Health Management
(PGDPHM) 2021 entrance exams will be held on 31 May 2021.
- PGIMER PhD, House Job, M.Sc., M.Sc. MLT & M.Sc. Nursing and Fellowship and Post-Doctoral Fellowship entrance exam is to take place on 05 June 2021.
- ICMR-JRF 2021 is to take place on 11 July 2021.
- B.Sc. Nursing & Post Basic entrance exam will be held on 31 July 2021.
- B.Sc. Paramedical entrance test will be held on 10 August 2021
PGIMER 2021 Important Dates
The PGIMER 2021 Exam dates for July session are given in the table below:
MD/MS Courses Important Dates
The important dates regarding the PGIMER MD/ MS Exam are given below. The candidates can check here INI-CET 2021 details for its registration.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about PGIMER 2021: Exam Schedule (Released), Application Window(Open) - Admissions
|PGIMER Exam Date||09 May 2021|
|Announcement of Result||June 2021|
The important dates regarding the PGIMER DM/ MCH is given below:
|Application form release||24 March 2021|
|Last date of application submission||24 April 2021|
|Admit Card release||May 2021|
|Exam date||31 May 2021|
|Result||08 June 2021|
|Counselling||13 June 2021|
For M.Sc/M.Sc. MLT Exam
The important dates regarding the PGIMER M.Sc/M.Sc. MLT exam is given below:
|Application form release||28 March 2021|
|Last date of application submission||27 April 2021|
|Admit Card release||June 2021|
|Exam date||05 June 2021|
|Result||12 June 2021|
|Counselling||17 June 2021|
PGIMER 2021 Application Form
The steps to fill the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research is given here.
- Candidates can get access to the PGIMER 2021 Application form through online mode through the same website.
- PGIMER 2021 application form is released for various courses.
- Essentials such as Name of the candidate, date of birth, parents name, uploading of essential documents, photographs, sign, etc. in the application form needs to be properly filled.
- Then, application no. and password of the filled application form by the candidate is processed which needs to be properly preserved for the further exam process.
- The application fee for submission of the form can be done online or through SBI Challan.
PGIMER 2021 Application Fee
Application fees of PGIMER 2021 for MD/MS courses for different categories are as follows:
|S. No||Category||Application Fees|
|01||General /OCI /OBC /RA /FN/ Sponsored Category||Rs. 1500/-|
|02||SC/ST Candidates||Rs. 1200/-|
Note: Application fee once paid would not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Mode of Payment: Candidates have to pay the application fee through online mode via:
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Net Banking
PGIMER 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who are willing to get admissions into PGIMER, Chandigarh, need qualify the eligibility criteria of PGIMER 2021. Given below are the points:
- Candidate applying shall have passed MBBS or equivalent degree recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- Candidates should complete one-year rotatory internship training on or before 31 December 2020.
- Candidates should register themselves with the Central /State Medical Registration Council.
PGIMER 2021 Exam Pattern
|Mode of Examination||Computer Based Test (CBT) / Online|
|Duration of Examination||3 Hours (Three hours/ 180 minutes)|
|Number of Shifts||01 (One)|
|Timing of Examination||10:00 AM – 01:00 PM|
|Location of Examination Centres||Tentatively 14 cities in India|
|Language of Paper||English|
|Type of Examination||Objective Type|
|Number of Questions||One Paper of 250 MCQ (Two hundred and fifty)|
|Marking Scheme||Please see the concerned sections for details.|
|Method of Cut-Off|
|Method of determining merit|
|Method of Resolving ties|
Note: There shall be negative marking for each wrong attempt at the question by a candidate.
- Applicants should solve the last 5 to 10 years question papers of the PGIMER exam.
- Keep practising important topics & tough concepts/facts with your teachers and seniors.
- Applicants also solve sample papers to score well in the exams.
- For studies, given your 6 to 8 hrs. each day in every subject and section.
PGIMER 2021 Admit Card
The details regarding the PGIMER 2021 Admit Card are given below:
- PGIMER 2021 Hall ticket/Admit Card will release inonline mode.
- No other mode can be used to get the admit card.
- Candidates will be able to download the admit card from the official website.
- Candidates can use their application number or Date of Birth to get the Admit card.
- Also, Candidates when appearing for the exam are required to get their own Admit card, without which the candidate shall be disqualified to give an attempt of the exam.
- Moreover, Candidates are advised to preserve their Admit cards until the counselling.
PGIMER 2021 Result
The details regarding the PGIMER 2021 Result are given below:
- PGIMER result will be released just after the exam will be over.
- For all courses, results are declared separately.
- Candidates will be able to check the result from the official website.
- The candidate will need to login to check the result.
- The authority will generate the result on the basis of candidates performance in the exam.
- PGIMER 2021 result will be checked by the applicants through filling their login credentials:
- Roll No.
The University will also release rank wise & a category wise list of selected applicants for counselling.
The overall merit list will be made on the basis of percentile scores obtained by the applicants in the theory exam.
|Open (General) and Sponsored or Deputed||55|
|OBC, OPH, SC/ST, Rural Area, Foreign Nationals||50|
PGIMER EXAM 2021 Counselling
PGIMER 2021 counselling for January Attempt will be held after the declaration of result. Candidates who would clear the prestigious entrance exam shall be called for the counselling round, prior to which shall get the call letters with dates time and venue of PGIMER Counselling. Candidates must attend the counselling in order to get admission into the particular institution. The seats will be allotted on the basis of rank obtained in the PGIMER 2021 result. However, when the candidate’s marks, it would match with the official cut-off released by the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Institute, should make themselves ready for counselling with all the documents handy and the verification for the same would be done by the authorities. However, after the counselling one has to pay Rs. 2485/- on spot as the installment fee.
The following are the various important documents required at the time of counselling:
- Character Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Rural certificate if available
- 10th class certificate
- Internship Certificate.
- Certificate for MBBS Degree
- Passport size photos
PGIMER 2021 Important Links
- Download PGIMER 2021 Entrance Test Schedule Pdf
- Download PGIMER 2021 DM.MCH Entrance Test Prospectus Pdf
- Download PGIMER 2021 M.Sc MLT Entrance Test Prospectus Pdf
PGIMER 2021 Highlights
PGIMER 2021 key highlights are mentioned in the table below.
|Examination Name||Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Exam|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Conducting Body||Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh|
|Type of Examination||Post-graduate|
|Programmes offered when Qualified||MS, MD|