GATE Cleared M.tech students: The IITs (Indian Institutes of Technology) are facing a hard time in retaining their postgraduate M.Tech. Students, with many leaving the course in between as they got job offers from public sector undertakings (PSUs).
Upcoming Application Form
- Shiv Nadar University Admission Open Apply Now
- Sharda University Admission Open Apply Now
- UPES Admission 2019 Batch is Now Open Apply Now
- Manav Rachna University Admissions Open 2019 Apply Here
- Bennett University B.Tech Admissions Open Apply Here
- KIIT Bhubaneswar Admissions Open for 2019 Apply Here
- Banasthali University (Women Only) Admissions Open for 2019 Apply Here
- Chandigarh University All Courses Admission Open Apply Here
- Lovely Professional University All Courses Admission Open Apply Here
As reported in IIT council meet that number of IITs complained about such instances, it is noted that out of 8,000-PG students, 2,000 left the M.Tech course after getting jobs at PSUs. To tackle the problem, the council has decided to request such PSUs to allow the candidates to join after completing the masters.
Leaving the course in midway not only create a problem too but also seats goes empty for which there is a long waitlist for getting into them. IITs want to encourage students to go for higher studies and research, recently to promote Research IITs announced Prime Minister’s Research Fellowships Indian Institute of Technology.
Admissions to the IIT M.Tech course are granted via the GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering), the GATE score is also used by PSUs for recruitment purpose.
GATE Cleared M.tech students
GAIL, ONGC, and SAIL are among the top PSUs offering jobs to M.Tech students from IITs.
To discourage this IIT council is going to recover the entire fellowship amount (Rs 12,400 /month) if any of the candidates leave in mid of the course. “This is happening because there is a lot of pressure on students to start earning once they complete their bachelors”.
The IIT council, the highest decision-making Authority for the prestigious institutes, also approved 1,000 TA (teaching assistantships) with fellowship stipend of Rs 25,000 per month to M.Tech meritorious students.
There are 72,000 students studying in 23 IITs in the country, in which around 14,000 M.Tech students are enrolled PG courses.
Joint Entrance Examination for Admission to IITs
|Jee Mains Exam||Jee Advance Exam|