Architecture Course: Architecture is a branch of engineering that deals with the planning, designing, construction and operation of buildings, Structural Systems and Construction Management. This course is offered by many colleges and universities all over India. The main study of this course is applying the fundamentals of Mathematics and Physics with technical knowledge. The candidate who have passed 12th standard to be eligible for the Architecture admission. All the candidate can read the complete article to know more about Architecture courses, Eligibility Criteria, Admission Procedure. Council of Architecture (COA) is responsible for Architecture Education in India and registration is mandatory for architecture practising.
Popular Architecture Course List
The candidates can check the popular course for the Architecture branch which are given in the list below:
- Diploma by IIA
The candidate has to apply for the listed courses to get admission in Architecture.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about Architecture Course Details: Eligibility, Admission Procedure - Admissions
What is the Architecture Course Eligibility Criteria?
The candidate must check the Architecture course requirements for admission which is given in the table below:
|B.Arch/ Dual Degree|
|PhD (in Architecture)||
Architecture Course Duration
The candidate can check here the Architecture course time and duration which is given in the table below:
Offered Courses for Architecture
The candidate can check all the offered courses for Architecture which is given in the list below:
Courses Content of B.Arch
- Architecture Design
- Theory of Structures
- Building Construction
- Building Management
- History of Architecture
- Architectural Appreciation
- Architectural Drawing
- Building Science & Services
- Workshop Practice
Courses Content of M.Arch
- Architectural Conservation
- Architecture and Construction Project Management
- Building Automation
- Building Engineering & Management
- Computer-Aided Architectural Design
- Digital Architecture
- Environmental Architecture
- Environmental Planning
- Industrial Design
- Interior Architecture
- International Architecture
- Landscape Architecture
- Regional Planning
- Rural Architecture
- Sustainable Architecture
- Sustainable Humane Habitat
- Town and Country Planning
- Transportation Planning and Design
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Urban Design
- Valuation and Arbitration
Architecture Course Admission Procedure
The candidate can check the common selection procedure for Architecture courses of engineering which are given in the list below:
- The candidate has to apply for the common entrance exam organised by the colleges.
- Also, The candidate has to qualify the entrance examination.
- The final list will be prepared according to the marks obtained in the entrance test and competitive entrance examinations (Like JEE mains, NATA or GATE).
- The qualified candidate will be called for the counselling session.
- And for the final procedure, the candidate has to carry all the original copies of required documents along with them for verification at the college/university.
Admission to the Architecture Degree Program as per COA document
No candidate shall be admitted to architecture course unless she/ he has passed an examination at the end of the 10+2 scheme of examination with at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics and also at least 50% marks in aggregate of the 10+2 level examination or passed 10+3 Diploma Examination with Mathematics as compulsory subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA)
“National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is being conducted by the Council of Architecture, being the competent & final authority to fix norms and standards for architectural institutions and have the necessary expertise to hold a Common Aptitude Test in Architecture, at the national level to provide a single-window system for appearing in the aptitude test and to facilitate institutions, students and the public at large for admission to the first year of 5-year B.Arch Degree Course at all recognized Institutions all over the country.” COA Website.
The applicants must check the required documents which are :
- Candidate’s recent clicked Photograph
- 10th marks sheets
- 12th Marks Sheets
- Migration Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- JEE Main Admit Card and Score Card
- NATA Admit Card and Score Card
- GATE Admit Card and Score Card (For M.Arch courses)
- Graduation Degree and all semester Marks Sheet (For M.Arch Courses)
- Master’s Degree and all semester Marks Sheets (For PhD Courses)
How to Apply for Architecture Course?
The candidates must follow all the steps to apply for the courses of Architecture are described in the list below:
- The candidate has to fulfil all the eligibility requirements to apply for the Architecture courses of engineering.
- The candidate will be able to apply online mode at the official website of colleges/universities.
- The candidates have to fill all the asked information in the application form like:
- Personal Details
- Contact Details
- Qualification Details
- For the final submission, the candidate has to pay the application form fee otherwise, the authority will not accept the candidate’s admission form.
COA Registration for Practicing Architecture
“A self-attested copy of the final recognised architectural qualification certificate based on which registration is sought i.e. 5-year B.Arch. Degree or 5-year Diploma in Architecture or 5-year Government Diploma in Architecture or Membership of I.I.A. Certificate (as the case may be). In case, you have not received the said certificate, pending the award of the same by the University and submission of a duly attested photocopy thereof at a later date to this office, you may for the time being submit, a self-attested copy of the Provisional Certificate/Passing Certificate issued by the competent authority of the University i.e. Asst. Registrar/Dy. Registrar/Registrar or any other competent authority authorised.” Source COA Website.
Download the list of documents to be submitted for registration as an architect here.
Colleges/ Universities Offering Architecture Courses
The candidate can check those colleges and universities who offer Architecture course in India which is given in the list below:
- School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee (IITR)
- Aligarh Muslim University, Uttar Pradesh (AMU)
- Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, West Bengal (IIEST)
- Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi (BIT, Ranchi)
- Anna University, Chennai (AU, Chennai)
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Patna
- National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur
- Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad
- Department of Architecture and Planning Engineering, Nagpur
Architecture Course Highlights
The candidates can check the highlights for Architecture Courses
|Popular Courses||B.Arch, M.Arch, PhD|
|Basic Selection Criteria||Entrance Exam based followed by the counselling session|
About Architecture Course
Architecture is a branch of engineering which deals with the designing, planning, management, development and construction by using the technical knowledge to make building, Structural System and construction system. The architecture uses fundamental of mathematics and physics to make the work done properly. To get admission for architectural courses, the candidate must be passed in 12th standard minimum with the acceptable marks.
Council of Architecture (COA)
Under the provisions of the Architects Act, 1972 the Council of Architecture is required to prescribe the Minimum Standards of Architectural Education for imparting 5-year undergraduate degree course in Architecture (i.e. Bachelor of Architecture degree course) and also monitor the compliance of the same by the approved Architectural Institutions all over the country for the award of recognized qualifications under the Act.