Mining Engineering Courses: Mining Engineering is also known as mineral engineering. Mining engineering is one of the most interesting branches of engineering which teaches drilling and blasting, materials handling, rock mechanics, mine health and safety, mine ventilation, mine cost engineering, ore reserve analysis, operations analysis, mine planning and minerals processing, etc. Mineral Engineers are needed in mineral extraction and other fields where the earth’s crust is utilized. The main function of mining engineers is to put the knowledge of scientific theories, engineering fundamentals and developed technologies to discover and recover natural resources in a profitable manner. Interested candidates can go through the following article for more information regarding the Mining Engineering.
Mining Engineering Courses
The list of the mining engineering courses are given below.
- BE Mining Engineering.
- B. Tech Mining Engineering.
- Diploma in Mining and Mine Surveying Engineering.
- ME Mining Engineering.
- M. Tech Mining Engineering.
- PG Research Programme on Materials Resource Engineering.
- Ph. D Mining Engineering.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Mineral Engineering.
What is the Eligibility Criteria of Mining Courses?
The minimum eligibility criteria of mining courses is given below.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about Mining Engineering Courses: Courses Eligibility, Entrance Exam - Admissions
|Courses||Eligibility Criteria||Courses Duration|
|Diploma Courses||The qualifying examination should be 10th/equivalent exam with minimum 50% marks.||3 years|
|B.E./B.Tech||Minimum educational qualification of 10+2 from the recognized educational board with at least 50% marks passed with PCM as the compulsory subjects.||4 Years|
|ME/ M.Tech||After completion of B.E/B. Tech in the relevant discipline, students are eligible for PG courses.||2 Years|
Top Mining Engineering Entrance Exam
For admission in IITs or NITs, it is must for the candidates to qualify the JEE Advanced 2021 exam. For master’s courses in engineering, students need to clear the GATE which is conducted once in a year.
There are many other exams that provide admission to mineral engineering. The list of the exams are given below.
- BITSAT 2021 (Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test)
- VITEEE 2021 (VIT Engineering Entrance Examination)
- AP EAMCET 2021 (Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test)
- TS EAMCET 2021 (Telangana Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test)
- BCECE 2021 (Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination)
Colleges & Universities Offering Mining Engineering
The list of the colleges and universities offering mining engineering is given below.
- Indian Institute of Technology at Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
- Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- National Institute of Technology, Raipur
- National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra
- Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad
- Government Engineering College, Gujarat
- Dr T. Thimmaiah Institute of Technology, Kolar
- Anna University College of Engineering, Chennai
- Bengal Engineering and Science University, Howrah
- Government Engineering College, Bilaspur
- Jai Narain Vyas University: Faculty of Engineering and Architecture, Jodhpur
- Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology: College of Technology and Engineering, Udaipur
- Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur
Candidates can pursue mining engineering from the colleges of India as well as from abroad also. In abroad, mining engineering is offered by the following institutions:
- Curtin University of Technology
- Mining Education Australia (MEA)
- University of New South Wales
- University of Queensland
Mining Engineering Career Opportunity
Mining engineers have limited career options. Arab countries like Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar and the UK provides profitable career opportunities to the eligible candidates.
In Mining Engineering, there are enormous job opportunities are available in the public sector or government organizations. Career scope in the field of teaching is also bright for candidates having a master’s degree in mining engineering.
Top companies that recruits students in the field of mining engineering:
- The Indian Bureau of Mines
- Geological Survey of India
- Neyveli Lignite Corporation
- Essel Mining & Industries Ltd.
- Hindustan Zinc Limited
- Adani Mining Pvt. Ltd.
- Arcelor Mittal
- Bharat Forge Limited
- Cairn Energy
- Coal India Ltd.
- Damodar Valley Corporation
Job Profiles in mineral engineering are given below.
- Mining safety engineers
- Senior Mining Engineer
- Short Term Mine Planner
- Process Plant Maintenance Foreman
- Extraction Maintenance Superintendent
- Coal Preparation Plant Manager
- Mine Safety and Health Specialist
Mineral Engineers Salary Package
The starting salaries of the mining engineers is highest among the other engineering profession. The average salary of the mining engineering graduate is Rs. 8,80,000. The salary will increase with skills, experience and performance. Graduates from IITs and NITs get more salary as compared to other engineering colleges.