Some of the best engineering college offers admission into M.tech programme without GATE score. There is a list of IITs, NITs in India and other central universities and state universities that provide admission in master in technology through sponsored seats or based on their entrance test for M.Tech programmes.
Working professionals who are looking forward to taking up Master of Technology programmes can apply for these seats if they don’t get time to prepare for extremely competitive exams such as GATE.
GATE 2020 exam was conducted in the 1st and 2nd week of February 2020.
Subscribe to Get Updated Information about Admission in M.tech Courses without GATE score - Admissions
Sponsored Seats at IISs, IITs and NITs
IISc, IITs and NITs offer regular Master of Technology seats to candidates who have been sponsored by their employers. These candidates don’t need to appear for the GATE entrance exam for admission in M.Tech programmes.
The vital information regarding the eligibility criteria is given below.
- Candidates must have completed B.Tech or B.E. with the minimum qualifying marks (vary from institute to institute).
- Candidates applying for Master of Technology through sponsored seats must have worked for more than 2 years.
- Candidates should have been granted 2-year study leave by their employers.
- The employer must take the responsibility to provide financial support for the candidate throughout the 2-year course.
- Some of the IITs and NITs may also conduct their written test for admission to M.Tech programmes through sponsored seats.
M.Tech Entrance Exams for IIITs, Deemed Institutes and States
The detailed information regarding M.tech entrance exam for IIITs is given below.
- IIITs conduct their entrance exams for admission in the M.Tech programme.
- Students those have applied for GATE exam can also appear for this M.tech entrance test conducted by IIITs.
Following are the list of IIITs that conducts there own entrance exam.
|Name of the Institute/ State||Name of the Entrance Exam|
|IIIT Delhi||IIIT Delhi M.Tech Entrance Exam|
|IIIT Bhubaneshwar||IIIT Bhubaneswar M.Tech Entrance Exam|
|Andhra Pradesh M.Tech Admissions||AP PGECET|
|Telangana M.Tech Admissions||TS PGECET|
|Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU)||IPU CET|
|Karnataka M.Tech Admissions||PGCET|
Admission to Central and State Universities
The detailed information regarding Master of Technology entrance exam that is conducted by central and state universities is given below.
- Various central and state universities that admit students based on GATE as well as their separate entrance exams.
- Aspirants will find that some of the central, as well as the state, universities reserve some Master of Technology seats for admission through GATE and the remaining seats, are filled based on their Master of Technology entrance exams.
- However, some universities conduct admission only based on their Master of Technology entrance test.
Following are some universities where you can apply without GATE score by taking their exams.
|Name of the Universities||Selection Process|
|Aligarh Muslim University (AMU)||
|University of Hyderabad||
|Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI)||
|Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU)||
Admission to Private Universities and Private Deemed Universities
The detailed information regarding admission in private universities and private deemed univ is given below.
- Students can spend some extra money on their education and can apply for private universities or private deemed universities.
- Admissions are done based on marks secured in graduation or based on national level entrance exams. i.e. GATE.